Citgo Employee Reviews

Taught me a lot but pay was awful
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAJanuary 15, 2018
I did everything task at this job. Cashier, cook, managed deliveries, ran store when bosses we're out of town and was only paid $7.50 an hour. I learned many good work habits here.
I did not enjoy working here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 13, 2018
The owners were not understanding at all- I was left alone on my first day. I got minimal training and it showed. I don't like feeling foolish, but working here, that is exactly what I felt.
Positive place to work with a great team
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montfort, WIJanuary 12, 2018
Working at Windmill Citgo has been a good experience. I’ve learbed some new skills and gotten to know the amazing, small-town, customer base that we have.
Easy workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Longmeadow, MAJanuary 11, 2018
It’s a great place to start for your first job, the manager is very nice and respectful. The only downfall at working at this Citgo is that the customers are extremely rude.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Customers
Monotonous Work at times but a lot of ability to keep learning
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 5, 2018
Prepared equipment for maintenance, traced lines to ensure proper flow, completed lock-out/tag-out procedures, issued correct safe work permits, completed daily tasks in order to keep that refinery in safe working order.

I learned a lot about process and equipment and the different smells and/or sounds to be aware of that may indicate malfunctioning equipment.

I never found the job to be hard but, I did find emergency situations to be very rewarding and a great learning experience.
Pros
Great benefits, enjoyable schedule that allowed me to enjoy time with family
Cons
Not being rewarded for going above and beyond. It all depending on seniority.
customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VADecember 27, 2017
Working at citgo was good experience for me to be able to deal with customers and how to handle situation.I like being face to face with my customer to be able to help them with any problems
Pros
free drinks
Cons
no breaks
Great place and great owners!
Store associate / manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLDecember 16, 2017
I have personally been to this store a bunch and there are great people working and they have everything you need! You can also request items to be sold there. Also have the cheapest gas in town
average place
Corporate Auditor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 11, 2017
Venezuela economy is in the dumps so I would never recommend working here. The leader of the audit department is a crook and should not be trusted. I would stay away.
Decent job, but not enough money.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Asheboro, NCDecember 6, 2017
This is a decent place to work, you just barely make any money. Most employees do the bare minimum to keep the store "clean".However most of the customers are very nice.
Pros
Free drinks and snacks just not an excessive amount
Cons
No real breaks because you work by yourself.
Okay
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Smithton, PADecember 4, 2017
Maintenance worker said it’s fine. Pretty relaxed. Mostly just stand around waiting for something to do. Not bad. A couple times I had to clean up trucker feces and that sucked but it is what it is yanno
Job expectations at Citgo
CASHIER, CLERK (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLDecember 4, 2017
Cashier, customer service, general cleaning/maintenance, stocking, unloading trucks, covers job duties. Learned routine through hands on training. Good manager. Worked independently. Good position for extra earnings. Theft and, robberies biggest concerns. People made the position fulfilling. Night hours perfect for flexibility. No overtime. Temporary position.
Enjoy working at CITGO
Sr. Territory Sales Manager, Sales & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Canton, MINovember 25, 2017
Great place to work and learn. I have had the opportunity to learn and advance within the organization quickly. I would recommend working at CITGO to a friend.
Easy job
Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLNovember 25, 2017
Stocking the supplies in the back, cleaning the bathrooms, sweeping the floors, mopping the floors, cleaning counters, packing the ice bags, and changing the prices. Management was great and understanding. It helped me learn how to manage time to get things done. It was fairly easy and slow paced.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
no benefits
Owner is hostile, and assumes all employees are stealing
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALNovember 21, 2017
If you are looking for a job I wouldn't recommend the one I worked at. The owner is rude and will talk down to you. You will never be worth him looking you in the eye or treating you as a human. Know if you go into the city of on 26 and 65 you will worse then a dog to him
Pros
Cons
Hostile and accuseing boss
Slow-paced position with no benefits
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coventry, CTNovember 20, 2017
This position was quite inconsistent in regards to the pace. In some instances, it was slow, other times it was fast-paced. I learned that anyone in a position of power will take advantage of others below them. A typical day would include servicing customers, stocking shelves, cleaning countertops and coffee pots, and other activities were request to clean by managers. On most occasions, there was many instances of under-staffed days and required many work to be done alone.
Pros
Usually a lot of down time
Cons
No breaks whatsoever
small store great for a first job
Stocker Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pearland, TXNovember 14, 2017
Great for anyone's first job. Not much is expected but having to keep work area clean and fridges stocked up. Very slow paced environment. Pretty much keep to yourself as you get your work done.
If you can work for them, Do
IT Contractor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 12, 2017
I worked as an IT contractor, and was paid very well. The environment is relaxed and you are given a clear idea of what is expected for the job. I found it fun, learned a lot, and overall had a positive experience. I would absolutely work for them again if the opportunity arose.
Pros
Good pay, nice people.
Cons
No benefits as a contractor
I learned management skills
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 11, 2017
I was able to go in learn management skills running a business sorting and filing paperwork entering Tally's at the end of the night doing end of the end of the shift reports doing safe drops basically running the business.
Pros
I learned a lot of management skills and business marketing
Cons
I did not get the breaks that was required
great job
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 8, 2017
I liked working for CITGO. The owners were great. They always gave bonuses every year. They also ran contest for the employees to win. That was a great job
Great!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Highland, MINovember 8, 2017
Loved the pace!!
Lots to keep you busy. Always making coffee for customers. Kept the station clean and filled.
Had too many younger people working there
For me,,, they wanted to sit on their phones all day.
Couldn't do a simple list of daily chores.
Pros
Time flies
Cons
No set breaks