Citgo Employee Reviews

Busy, fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, ILFebruary 12, 2019
We have a wonderful Manager who is understanding and flexible with hours. It's a very busy store, but a fun place to work. There is always a lot to do, such as stocking shelves, making coffee and filling the grill, stocking the cooler and cigarettes and general cleaning such as emptying trash, mopping floors.
Lack of HR/advancement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, ILFebruary 4, 2019
The citgo i worked at was close to my house. I got plenty of hrs at first, but when they switched managers my hrs got cut. There was no chance of advancement, not very good pay.
Pros
Close to house
Cons
lack of hours
Great Place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Walterboro, SCJanuary 30, 2019
typical day at work sometimes busy , and sometimes slow . great coworkers had a great manager , flexible hours and easy to deal with customers store is always busy the most enjoyable part was working with the great manager and coworkers
I would like to work for cito
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Thomaston, CTJanuary 28, 2019
Good plexus to work pay nice new I drive for one of the company it is good to work for som one hole I have a hater job then befur I look for batur work so I can mark moor money
Awesome
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2019
Citgo was an awesome place to work. Good people and good co-workers. Everyone was a team player and motivated. I loved it there. Would of loved to have stayed there, but unfortunately Citgo contracted a different security company.
Pros
Sometimes free food
Cons
Take others shift when they didn't show up.
Great company to work for
TECHNICAL ANALYST NETWORK SECURITY (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2019
Great group of co-workers. Comfortable work environment and good work assignments. Open communication with management and good visibility because of size of company.
easy but demanding
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MIJanuary 7, 2019
I have worked here for 3 1/2 years. Management has worked with me on schedules. I am fairly compensated each year with a raise. The worst part is the turn over of help, as well as seeing how many dishonest people there are out there.
Pros
flexible scehdules
Cons
long hours of standing, potential of no breaks for entire shift of 8-9+ hours
Customers are treated with well behaviour and we help as much we can . Customer’s appreciation explains everything .
Cashier, Customer Service, Stocking (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2019
There was a homelike feel at my job as everybody was nice to me and working hours were also very flexible . I had to leave only beause i moved away and my job was too far.
A decent job
Gas Station Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 28, 2018
This place has been a decent workplace for me. Although, they never gave me a set schedule to work. But that was the only problem. Other than that, it had a great and friendly atmosphere.
Na
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 19, 2018
It was an ok job but it didnt help me nor my family as much as i would have wanted it to. I would tell someone without kids to work there because you wouldnt make much!!
good place to work
Fuel station Clerk (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIDecember 11, 2018
had a good time working here made good friends and learned new things. but time to move on to my new career and apply what I have been going to school for.
Good place to work in
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARDecember 10, 2018
It was good place to work in, I enjoyed working there. I have a lot of experience. I will work more if i have the chance to. I got a lot of benefits there such as how to deal with costumers.
Working as Cashier
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 7, 2018
Loved working as the Citgo. i have prior knowledge on the job before so it was easy getting accustomed. Loved interacting with costumers, mostly nice people. If there was some altercation i avoided instigating. It is a nice environment to work in.
Productive, busy but working to customers' highly satisfaction
Cashier and floor associate (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 5, 2018
I have been working for more than 10 years. -Overall management was great other than getting enough hours to have a decent pay check

-All co workers were nice and always there to help me other than a select few of them. Sometimes I work more than 12 hours without any break.

On a typical day I would show up for work early to make sure the cooler is stocked before my shift.Once I finish stocking the cooler I would walk the isles to make sure there was enough product on the shelves for my shift after that I would count my register and start my shift. The job wasn't hard and I enjoyed the job because of all the different people you encountered though out your day.
Pros
Learn a new merchandise and system of work daily
Cons
No Medical insurance benefits
Citgo
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Tennille, GADecember 1, 2018
Is an amazing place, the manager is amazing. Pay is decent, but get evautions about pay raises every year. Christmas bonus, and also great work enviroment
Buena
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 30, 2018
Fue una empresa buena,pero no ofrecian beneficios a los empleados
Cons
No ofrecian beneficios
Not a good career
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VANovember 29, 2018
I will not work there again. The owner is not a good boss. The wife is very nice and easy to get along with. I just wouldn't work there anymore and they need a better policy.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Mke you work hard but don't get paid enough
Really like it
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Portage, MINovember 27, 2018
I really like working at citgo so far but like with most jobs everyone does not do there far share..i also dont like that its only 1 overnight person its not a bad part of town but you never know ...i love the manager she is the sweetest she has worked with me and my hours due to a sec job
Great
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 24, 2018
Not bad for part time work, love the manager. Fun, busy, and always something to do. Lot of customer servece as well as cleaning. Would recommend this job to someone.
Fast pace store easy work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXNovember 8, 2018
I liked working there nice coworkers and customers most customers come in every day its easy work gut got to make sure you check I.d. when supposed to and watch gas tanks
Pros
Easy work
Cons
I had to move