Citgo Employee Reviews

cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCOctober 31, 2018
Cashier, make sure no one steals anything. we served food too . clean hot grills. clean store at the end of the night. make sure my cash was right. put drawers up.
Hard working place
Part Owner (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAOctober 29, 2018
I was a part owner at CitGo and managed myself and the employees.I stayed at the place for two years before i sold my half and came back to Dearborn, Michigan. I was working seven days a week for the first 6 months and it was very tough.
Relaxed but Professional
Automation Intern (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXOctober 27, 2018
The work experience I received at Citgo was one of a relaxed but fast paced environment. There was very much an urgency to get problems and situations solved but no sense of panic was ever involved.
Good place to start learning, probably not a career to follow
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAOctober 25, 2018
A typical day at work would start with punching in you card and then manning the cash register. As the foot traffic slows down, we start to check inventory, clean the store, and order inventory as needed. The manager was great and really patient in teaching me how the job should be performed. The manager also gave me other duties such as handling cash, logging in sales information in spreadsheets, and even trusted me with depositing money into the bank (every now and them). The workplace culture was laid back mostly. The manager was strict when it came to actual work, and expected things to be done in a timely manner, but if the traffic was slow, the manager allowed some down time to relax. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers. The place where I worked didn't help that at all, as in there were quite a few customers that came into the store with bad moods/attitudes. What I enjoyed the most was working and learning with my manager. To be completely honest, if the manager was not good, this job would have be horrible. There is almost no way to advance your career in this job so it definitely is a temporary job to learn, improve, and prove yourself.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No benefits
Temporary position
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bensenville, ILOctober 22, 2018
This was a temporary job to help me meet my financial obligations. It was a great temporary job, enjoyed many of my co-workers. The hours worked well with job search and interview availability.
No place to go
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Hellertown, PAOctober 16, 2018
No advancement, horrible starting wage, no benefits, no advancement did I mention no advancement and even if there was they would not give you much of a raise
Pros
Local
Cons
Pay
Lazy people
customer service and sales techniques (Former Employee) –  Verona, WIOctober 3, 2018
No advancement, just hard long hours of hard labour going unnoticed and unappreciated. Co-workers aren't even wanting or willing to train with a happy thought or a good attitudes towards new hires or new trainees. Co-workers had low standards in customer presentation and communication.
Cons
co-workers
I loved working there but I don’t get the salary I am looking for
Dearborn, MI (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 25, 2018
Citgo is a really goood company to work with. I loved it since the first day I worked with them and everything was fine but one thing I wasn’t comfortable with is the salary. I have a big family and I need more salary
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Waste of time
Great Atmosphere
Lead Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OK 74136September 20, 2018
If your looking a great place to build your career, look no further. You will learn a lot and the people here are fabulous. The benefits are excellent as well.
Pros
Free lunch
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hancock, WISeptember 19, 2018
Always ablento pick up shifts. If manager knows your family you get special treatment, no matter how hard you work. Always tells you great job. You are u supervised 90% pf shift.
Pros
Part time
Cons
Part time
Product Movement Supervisor
Product Movement Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MASeptember 16, 2018
Reconciling daily transactions, printing end of day reports, answering phones, customer service, truck inspections, driver training, putting in receipts, stock transfers and shipments. Parking invoices, doing requisitions to order additive.

I am always learning new things.

This company gears more towards men than women.

Hardest part of the job is being interrupted constantly while trying to get my job done.

The most enjoyable part of my job is getting a job done and being appreciated.
Pros
Bonuses, safety awards
Cons
Unfair treatment
lack of people
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MISeptember 16, 2018
They don't have enough people staffed at one time and one person is expected to do everything and cannot get everything done in one shift,and work is left undone,one person is expected to cook and run register and help customers on the floor at the stanton Mi store.
Pros
discounted deli food during work hours
Cons
no breaks because not staffed
Productive and fun workplace
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2018
The typical work day performed at this particular location was showing up to work on time, following instructions, stocking the coolers, mopping the floors, sweeping the floors, as well as the carpets. Throwing away trash, stomping on the dumpster to make more room for trash. Sweeping the parking lot and satisfying the needs of the store owner.
Pros
Fun positive work environment
Cons
A lot of alcohol
Great opportunity to gain skills
Quality Control Technician Contractor/Temporary (Former Employee) –  Cicero, ILSeptember 10, 2018
Learned a lot about production and how to run a quality control laboratory. Leaned how to use GMP and also how to run various instrumentation. Meet new people and work as a team to get the job done.
Pros
1 hour lunches
Cons
people can be mean and stuck up
Ok for a small town gas station but total dead end job.
Crew Leader/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dansville, MISeptember 5, 2018
I've been there for 4 year. It's an ok job for someone who lives out there but I drive 64 miles a day and my car can't take much more!!! I need a job closer to home.
Management issue
Safety Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 25, 2018
Management believe they are above anyone else and rules does not apply to them, therefore; this behavior permeated on to some of the employees creating a volatile work environment
OK if you are looking for a first-time job
Cashier, Cook, Clean (Former Employee) –  Smithton, PAAugust 24, 2018
Severely understaffed as far as management goes and has been that way for way too long. Work with the public + truckers so customer interaction will vary. If you are a cashier then you may be able to have a day where you do absolutely nothing all day or end up waiting on a handful of customers. Working in the restaurant is essentially suicide for the pay since you and the one other person you are going to work with are going to have to do everything. Coworkers are usually decent enough to get along with and you may make a few friends here; but that doesn't mean that there aren't any horribly rancid apples.

All in all, if you are out of highschool and looking for something to get you through college, or are looking for something to keep you afloat, then this may be the place for you. However if you are looking for something where you can advance and earn pay raises; don't even waste your time.
Pros
Discounted lunch, lots of downtime, generally friendly coworkers
Cons
No real lunch breaks, no pay raises, virtually 0 chance of moving up the ladder, minimum wage (though there is a little incentive that's about impossible to actually get), and you can tell nobody that works there wants to be there.
Fast pace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 22, 2018
It is a fun environment to work at and some of your co workers are fun to be around and work with. The management sucks does not know how to manage a store.
Pros
Free fountain drinks
Cons
Nice to work for short time
Cashier (Current Employee) –  BaltimoreAugust 21, 2018
Part time work is good. Frindly enviroment helps to increase costumer handeling skill and dealing skills. All people are good in ctigo to work and make friends.
Overall great company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARAugust 15, 2018
Overall great experience primed me to go and take on other job's that demanded me to be quick with my adjustments would refer anyone to try it out management was great until company sold