Citgo Employee Reviews

The worst place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Heth, ARAugust 10, 2018
The owner of the store is so cheap he couldn’t fix a thing, and with Arkansas being a dry state on Sunday he wanted us to secretly sell alcohol to certain people and I didn’t want to
Horrible place to work for
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Randleman, NCAugust 7, 2018
This location is most likely an exception to all other Citgos. The Citgo I worked for is owned by 2 guys who are brother in laws. They are very loosely affiliated with Citgo, nonetheless I was paid illegally and they do all kinds of bad, illegal business here. The 2 guys who own this location are very twisted business owners. Management here is going to send this location into the drain at the relief of the community.
Pros
n/a
Cons
no breaks whatsoever, no discount, bad management
Fun
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, MIJuly 30, 2018
Great customers, great co workers. Everyday seemed different in a way, whether it was a crazy local or a weird story from an out of tower. Either way, expect the unexpected!
Very productive, good customer relations, day to day operations.
Sr. Pipeline Operator (Former Employee) –  East Chicago, INJuly 26, 2018
I worked for Citgo for 15 years, it was a good facility to work at, but very stressful. I worked shift work, days and nights. Would of been a better place to work, if there were more team players. Working for Citgo overall was great, unfortunately they terminated me, for what I believe was unfair. I am a very hard working individual, and very dedicated to my job.
Pros
Good pay, good bonus, annual raises.
Cons
Stressful job
Great place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJuly 22, 2018
It is a great place to work. You have good managers and willing to work around any thing. You will love meeting new people also. If you like to work it is a very fast environment and your shift will be over before you know it.
Pros
You can buy food.
Cons
Short breaks
They don't know how to run business
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 17, 2018
They pay under the table and treat their employees like not right and they made me work 10 hrs and then yelled at me for working over so i left because they are doing everything wrong
Pros
Cons
everything
Only recommend thick skinned people
Attendant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 16, 2018
Have good character and personality, also reserve emotions as much as possible. You’ll need to have a good sense of humor, as well as enough seriousness to handle situations.
Pros
Breaks whenever you feel and discounts
Cons
Negative civilians
Great company to work for
Financial Systems & Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2018
Great company to work for, managers and team members are great. I learned other departmental job duties, easy to cross over, great net working environment , pay is good.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
no company direction
Clerk
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 11, 2018
Working with customers and learning the regulars orders wad fun, stocking the store amd cleaning was easy. Good job if youre in school or need something or a side job
Pros
Customers
Cons
No set schedule
Fum workplace
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Inkster, MIJuly 11, 2018
Good people good pay for a gstation but not helping move farther in life like nobody wanna be changin trash and stuff everyday but if its what you are getting paid for then you cant complain
Pros
Free snacks free everything plus cool managers and owners
Fine work, horrible management
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJuly 10, 2018
Typical day at work included helping customers, stocking the shelves, coolers, etc., cleaning, and a small handful of other things.

I learned a lot about customer service which was neat.

The management was horrible, which is why I left. They played favorites and were nasty to their lower-paid employees. Owners gave raises and more benefits to people they liked. It was extremely difficult to work with those people.

I liked helping costumers though they were all very nice. The weekly pay was cool too.
Pros
Free coffee or soda all shift long. Weekly pay. Christmas bonus
Cons
Horrible management, excessive amount of cleaning, poor turn over rate, so when someone quits/is fired you have to pick up a ton of shifts for them.
Nice people but horrible place and paid and schedule
Bakery and kitchen (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLJuly 6, 2018
The work environment is healthy, quiet, the boss is friendly and the co-workers are very friendly, but the job is very demanding, the schedule is terrible and you work hard for what little you earn. They do not pay over time and you have neither safety nor benefits.
Pros
free food during work hours
Cons
Schedule, insecurity, dangerous area, you do not have health or life insurance
I worked for Indians at the hood gas station.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJune 25, 2018
The people that owned it don't care about family or employees. They want you to work 8-12 hours a day, 7 days a week, no holidays off and if your sick they don't except call ins. The place has no vents for the kitchen and they sell outdated meat. Not a good place at all!! Also moldy pop machines and cross contaminated food when cooking fish and pork/other meat in same fryer and only clean once a week.
Pros
Loans when needed or tabs
Cons
No off time, no call ins, no overtime pay
Nothing to Really Say about the Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bushnell, FLJune 20, 2018
The company was average if you would go by standards of profit turn out. This job paid very well and the typical work day was not all that bad. Management were decent when it came to their methods of running the store. The hardest thing that comes with the job is memorizing prices that were not yet stored in the system and the job was extremely fast paced due to the store having twenty or more customers in it at a time.
Pros
Great Pay, Great Hours, Tolerable Management
Cons
Memorizing unregistered prices
Prodocutive and enjoyable office to work
Procurement/Packaging Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 15, 2018
Typical day included follow up meetings, conference calls with suppliers, working through prior days activities. Determine how much was left open and how much will need to be updated/followed up. Met with management to determine direction of open projects and direction of Lubricants organization. The most enjoyable part of my job is the autonomy I have to make decisions for the organization. I was hired for a specific reason and I was allowed to work at that everyday. My creativity was often requested and had a fair percentage of acceptance.
Pros
Flexible hours, gym, cafeteria, travel
Cons
Upward job mobility, age gap between tenured and younger employees
Very fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Searcy, ARJune 13, 2018
When I worked there back in 2013 it was very fast paced. The hours were never guaranteed and they usually weren't very long. I was cashier and sold deli items and lottery and bait. The culture there was very diverse and since it was so small there were a lot of regular customers. The most enjoyable thing I liked was working with the customers. They were usually very friendly.
easy work environment, nice to meet and greet people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 11, 2018
Customer service, cash handling, management was ok, never there, just over the phone conversation, workplace was interesting due to dealing with strangers on a day to day base
Taught me a lot of responsibility at a young age
Part-time Manager (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJJune 7, 2018
It was a fun experience working at my friends family owned gas station for my first job. Since it was my friends family I worked most of my shifts with my friends. I quickly became a part-time manager. This meant that I was in charge of two other people while we worked. Our gas station was very busy and you were always on your feet moving. You would complete transactions inside the hub for credit/debit or house accounts and exchange cash directly at the pump. You would stick the tanks to see how much gas was required for the next delivery
Pros
Lunch was paid for and I worked with my friends
Cons
Always on your feet
Fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Washington, LAMay 31, 2018
Great customer service. Awesome boss and staff. Great food and service. The hardest part of the job was preparing all the food fresh on a daily basis.
It was fine before my station was bought by a different company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTMay 26, 2018
Customers are horrible, lottery is the worst thing is the world. The job was fine, I suppose, before my station was purchased by Atlantis Management. They ruined anything that was tolerable about the job.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
pay, turn over rate, life/free time not included