Citgo Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Washington, LAMay 31, 2018
Great customer service. Awesome boss and staff. Great food and service. The hardest part of the job was preparing all the food fresh on a daily basis.
It was fine before my station was bought by a different company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Newington, CTMay 26, 2018
Customers are horrible, lottery is the worst thing is the world. The job was fine, I suppose, before my station was purchased by Atlantis Management. They ruined anything that was tolerable about the job.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
pay, turn over rate, life/free time not included
We want every customer want to smile while they shop. we the team gave amazing customer service.
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 21, 2018
Early mornings is super busy, Giving a better customer service. This is a family owned business. A smile and good maturity is required. Filling coolers was hardest part in cold temperature climates.
Channelside Citgo Gas is Only Good as a Start
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 18, 2018
If you don't know how to multitask, or work while maintaining your composure, this job is not for you. It's only good for folks entering the work force.
An excellent place to work
Billing Administrator-Contractor (Former Employee) –  Lemont, ILMay 17, 2018
The position I held was a contract position. I only wished it turned to a permanent position. Citgo was an excellent place to work. The environment was team oriented.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Only a contract position
Not worth working there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 15, 2018
Managers was always quitting or got caught stealing. The managers was very unprofessional and they trained people too fast and would expect you to get the job when you needed help.
great boss
Cashier/Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2018
I was fortunate to have a great boss, that worked with my hours and my situation . fast pace but my time flies by so fast enjoyed my time being there t
Pros
great management
Cons
fast pace
I loved this store and it was very relaxing.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ALMay 10, 2018
I loved working for Citgo, but I had to eventually go where the money was. The manager there was very nice and we got along okay. The most thing that I would highlight about working for this company is that it was at least 6 minutes away from where I lived.
Pros
The work was easy.
Cons
some of the customers were rude.
Good place to work if you are happy doing the same thing forever
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2018
If you're not from the parent company the most you will make is a supervisor. Everyone else higher is from the parent company. Company is run only to generate cash flows to the parent. Not much of a long term vision.
Pros
9/80s, cafeteria on site
Cons
No ability to move up
Calm and productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALMay 6, 2018
This job is a slow paced store where as you walk in the cashier greets you as you walk through the door and offer the best customer service to all customers
Pros
Great customer service
Cons
Management skills
Productive and Great Workplace
Environmental Engineering Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 1, 2018
This was a summer internship and I learned a lot about EPA and TCEQ regulations within the three months I worked for Citgo. The hardest part of the job was the long hours in the refinery on very hot days. I enjoyed the environmental department atmosphere and how close everyone was to each other.
Pros
Lunch and Learns
Cons
Hot days in the refinery
Low job security
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake, MIApril 30, 2018
Multiple tasks through out the night but nothing was really expected of me as far as the job title. It was a pretty easy job but kind of mentally exhausting.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Mentally exhausting
not safe
Manager (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 25, 2018
it was very busy and very stressful. I did not feel safe and did not have peace of mind working there. The pay was not enough to cover living expenses and the schedules changed every week.
work enviroment,
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 11, 2018
Would start shift by counting drawer to a certain amount. Do other counts, fill out paperwork, I became quicker at counting and memorizing multiple duties that were mandatory do complete by the end of our shift. hardest part would to help a customer and not quit been informed of basic duties. Most enjoyable part of this job would to have been meeting the diversity of people that needed a great ambitious and motivated person to help them get on with there day.
Pros
half off deli food.
Cons
inconsistant breaks
Great convenience store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Troy, PAApril 6, 2018
The patrons become friends and you meet lots of new faces.Owners are sweet people, Easy job, fast paced at times which makes the day go faster. ........
Pros
new friends
Cons
working alone
Awesome place to work at
Mechanic Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lanham, MDApril 5, 2018
The CITGO Gas station is a place that has a good environment and contains cultural background that is the same s mine; according to me, i think the place is really nice.
Pros
Free lunch from their store
Cons
Short Breaks
Working for a school credit
Cashier/ assistant manager (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Newport, NHApril 4, 2018
I found it great that this job was able to take me when i was in 16 I was about to use it as work experience credit in high school. I know the management has changed but when i go up to visit my family every one is always very nice.
Pros
family orientated
good work envoriment
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIApril 2, 2018
good people, nice place, I had only worked there for the time being because my brother had broke his leg, and so I took his job over to help out until he was recovered
Poor place to work
Cahier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brazil, INMarch 27, 2018
You are there by yourself. You have to take care of the entire store with no help. No one is there to help you if you need help. If you don't get something done they complain.
Pros
Free fountain pop
Fast paced with work to keep u busy
Scaffold Helper (Former Employee) –  Sulphur laMarch 26, 2018
Overall a very good place. Just need more entry level jobs. Also need higher pay for those with certifications and experience. But overall good place to work