Citi Employee Reviews

33K
Found 10,337 reviews matching the search See all 14,218 reviews
Challenging and fun
Senior Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2018
Offers great training and opportunities for advancement. The projects are challenging and Citi offers many benefits for employees and their families. At least once per year, Citi has an employee appreciation day which is always fun for families and children to attend.
Great benefits and room for advancement
Student Loans Agent (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 18, 2018
I have worked at CITI for eleven years. The benefits are amazing but the pay could be better. After eleven years I feel that my raises have not been in alignment with my performance.
Pros
I work from home
Cons
Low salary
Great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2018
Awesome benefits, great pay. Treats employee fair and provide resources for their success. Work life balance is great, lots of opportunity to grow and advance.
Overall a great place to work, however the pay could be adjusted based upon your knowledge and skill set
Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2018
Citi is employee focused and works to train all of their employees, it doesn't matter what level you are. They sit down and have realistic conversations and demonstrate concern and well being.
Pros
Great lunch area, gym, on site daycare, many perks.
Cons
It's difficult to advance, sometimes you don't have a manager that is willing to support your career goals, they have to many employees
It was okay, but happy to be leaving
PERSONAL BANKER (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2018
Good job if you are placed in a well managed branch. Does not seem like Citi cares about the well being of their employees, and expects too much from you without giving you the needs to succeed. Understaffed and stressful.
Save yourself the headache.
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDAugust 18, 2018
Citibank is a miserable place to work. Everybody hates being there and creates a negative hostile work environment. Management acts as if the cane from Taco Bell, no idea what’s going on or how to fix an issue. Always sent to someone else for help. If you want time off they look at you stupid. No sympathy for a bad call or death in the family. Was told if I used one more hour of my sick time that was given, that my job is at risk. Management is very close with the operations managers so if you have a concern with your manager forget it, you’ll be clowned and mocked. Better off elsewhere.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Short breaks, ridiculous management, confusion
AML MONITORING AND INVESTIGATION ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 18, 2018
Overall working for Citibank was ok. compensation was great and the flexability in my department was awesome. However, I feel that the company could have given us more of a warning before we were all laid off.
Pros
Flexability
Cons
Lack of communication
Its not what it seems
Elite supervisor (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 17, 2018
Originally I loved this job. The benefits seemed amazing the job seemed nice well the veil was soon lifted. They dont really care about their employees they would much rather replace you then see you take time off for your health or family needs. Their metrics are unrealistic and you have to kill yourself and stress yourself beyond beliefs to try to meat them or they will fire you. You get a coaching a warning and then fired. So make sure you are never anything but perfect.
Pros
Lake outside
Cons
Can be overwhelming at times but decent pay and great benefits
Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 17, 2018
When I first started it was overwhelming because you receive so much information. But after 3 months I've pretty much gotten the hang of much of it. The hardest part of my job are the people you encounter over the phone who don't understand the fraud process while verifying them. The best part are the people I work with. My supv is hilarious and is actually the one who hired me. I also receive shift differential and weekend differential as well. I hate 10 hour days but love the 3 days off.
Pros
pay, community, benefits are great
Cons
can be boring at times
Nice place to work.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 17, 2018
CITI Bank was a very nice place to work. Everything was fair and the staff was nice. The training was good. The pay is the best that I know of, at this branch.
Pros
Pay was okay, good balance b/n work and home.
Cons
only con was Midland being a pipeline place and surrounding area was jacking up the cost of living.
Prefer Not to
Technology Consultant (Former Employee) –  Warren NjAugust 17, 2018
Prefer Not to write any review on Citi. I left under good conditions and think that everyone has to make their own assessments for their career. Thank you
Very intense and chaotic in a call center environment
Banker Level I and Banker Level II (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 17, 2018
A lot of training and support during the training sessions. Once on the floor, team leader monitoring and much couching. Training meant to create extensive multi-tasking of bankers.
Pros
A very intersting experience
Cons
Location was a problem
Was a great place to work
Technical Writer I (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 16, 2018
I spent many years at Citi and advanced through many different departments beginning with inbound phone banking customer service. It was a great experience and a comfortable working environment. It's been almost five years since I worked there.
Pros
Cafeteria, community volunteer opportunities, benefits, 401K Plan, Employee stock, ability to resolve issues through chain of command
stressful and very busy but not paid fair
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Marina del Rey, CAAugust 16, 2018
at citiank as a teller, you have no time to sit for a moment, you are either helping the customers with transactions or you are filing w-9's or signature cards or run other errands for managers, bankers, and the closing process that includes runnig the checks and preparing everything for the back office, and you need to focus so well all the time, this job demands a lot of brain energy and physical energy,no complaint about it ,but this volume of work deserves a better payment and income than the current one.
Pros
a lot of benefits, place to grow
Cons
not a fair income
Nice first time job
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 16, 2018
Appreciated working there but many things were out of order. I had to quit because my manager failed to educate me on my bereavement time. Things could have went better
Good employer
Human Resources Advisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 16, 2018
Provided opportunities over the years for continued growth. Employed educated and talented people you want to work with and for. Management supported your career choices.
I loved the jobs that I work in.
Retenton/Fraud/Customer sevice (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 16, 2018
Got on the phone to call clients. Took calls from clients. Fun place to work and nice people. No problems with requesting time off. We had to sale item package when they appear on the clients accounts.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
nothing
productive yet fun.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 16, 2018
Big on customer service. Very fun environment.
Easy to move up, just keep your cash balanced and meet the minimum "hurdles" each month. Probably the best non-credit union to work for.
The Operating Group had a very professional work environment.
EXECUTIVE SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  399 Park Avenue, 17th floor, ManhattanAugust 16, 2018
A typical day at work included managing my supervisor's (Executive Vice President) appointment calendar, opening the mail, interpreting and transcribing his hieroglyphic styled handwriting, answering the phone and typing his travel itineraries. I also ran errands for him and paid his bills on a minicomputer in his office.
Pros
I had my own office space and I had the opportunity to go out to lunch with co-workers.
Cons
I had to commute by train over one hour each way.
Summary
Loan Officer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Saugus, CAAugust 16, 2018
Working for Citi was an enjoyable experience with very friendly staff and customers. I was only there for one year but enjoyed coming into work everyday and being able have morning meetings to get our day started with the staff