Citi Employee Reviews

Found 11,003 reviews matching the search See all 15,182 reviews
Lacking morale
Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gray, TNFebruary 15, 2019
The team morale is lacking. Small businesses celebrate their employees as unique individuals. I wish Management would celebrate our hard work with something special like a healthy lunch or thank you points (that were discontinued months ago). I know many employees feel they are not appreciated for what they do. How many of us take pride in our work?
Pros
maternity leave, health benefts, work at home
Cons
not enough team morale, uneducated managers, lack of pride, almost no overtime
hard to advance
Teller (Former Employee) –  madera caFebruary 15, 2019
because of my location it was hard to move up or promote. Was told eventually i could move up, but with proving good work ethics and good performance it was still hard to promote. Customers are nice and treat you well. Hardest part of the job was having upset customers when there was long lines.
Great place to work at
Data Scientist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 15, 2019
Great work environment with a potential to learn and grow. The projects and business problems came across helped in learning new techniques. Overall personality development
Wonderful place to work. Great culture and people.
Executive Recruiter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 15, 2019
Citi is a wonderful place to work. It has a great culture and outstanding people. My experience has been positive. The benefits are very good and employees are treated well.
Productive Company
Collector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 15, 2019
This was my favorite job of all. The company relocated to New Mexico. We all had no choice. I really liked this job. It was the best job I've ever had.
Pros
Very flexible
Cons
Constant lay offs
Driven in the form of excellence
Employee, Senior Vice President Product Management (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2019
For such a large company, Citi is excellent at building rapport and trust, while also sustaining a quality of excellence that is second to none. I enjoyed my tenure, made friends and worked to some amazing people.
Pros
Creates products thats beneficial to the marketplace
Cons
Short breaks
Great place to start a career
Senior Vice President (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 14, 2019
Opportunity to work with different countries and cultures. Also, you get to travel and work with different teams in different countries.
Constant organizational changes.
Pros
Exposed to different cultures
Cons
Continuous organizational changes.
Provided various types of assignments
Project Manager/Lead Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2019
Citi has the ability to provide exposure to various types of projects. It encourages flexibility and remote work which enables work-life balance. Benefits are great as well.
summary
Teller (Former Employee) –  San Mateo, CAFebruary 14, 2019
It was good at first when you start working, and you start training. Later on you just one percent to the company. They really don't care much for their employers and would hired some one else with less experience and paid them dirt cheap. Over all their management was out dated, and did not feel like they wanted me to advance in the company.
Fast paced, results oriented
Branch Manager, Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Bedford, PAFebruary 14, 2019
This was my first financial job and I learned a lot about the finance industry during my time there. It was a very results driven and it was a non stop on a daily basis. Most enjoyable part was dealing with the customers.
Pros
Taught me to multi task and work at fast pace. Taught me to set high goals for myself.
Cons
Long hours w/ little thanks
Citi was ok
Home Owner Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Mill, SCFebruary 14, 2019
Working at Citi was find, neither my best or worse job. Left due to lay off. Management stressed filling quotas over doing your best for the customer. I prefer to do what is best.
Good working environment
Sr Developer (Former Employee) –  new jerseyFebruary 13, 2019
Based on Banking domai so work pressure was enormous. Daily was an new learning curve. had worked round the clock to complete the deliverables and deliver the error free product.
Productive and quicker growth
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2019
Great to begin your career there, but you should always try to balance your life and work, otherwise you won’t adapt to the job culture. Also you should try to learn various culture.
Too big to fail
Senior Windows Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 13, 2019
Citi has grown to 160 countries and the process and procedures are playing catch up. Too many managers without enough technical experience.

Open seating is a failure here. Not enough seats.
Pros
Work remote options, Good Pay
Cons
Contracts - lack of planning - fearful managers
Fast paced and very productive.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 13, 2019
Call center based, so you are going to be on the phones a majority of your time. Management is extremely helpful and always looking for ways to help improve your productivity.
Pros
On site gym and cafeteria, great management
Cons
Short breaks, heavy inbound calling.
company is not stable
FHA Credit Risk Compliance Officer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 12, 2019
• Daily task include review and evaluate originate VA/FHA, USDA, 203k and bond loan files and Information on mortgage loan documents to determine if borrower property and or loan conditions meet company requirements and government standards
• Recommend for approval or decline of unsecure and secured loans
• Train and develop junior underwriter and processor. Asset Management/ Investment Advisor
• Reviewed income, Assets, Note rate and CFBP disclosures
• Examined APR calculation and amortization, by applying audit function to ensure transaction do not exceed tolerance
• Verified compliance in Retail and correspondent banking activities engaged in by various business lines as they related to jurisdictions outside the United States including cards cash, and foreign/domestic wires
• Included oversight of foreign correspondent banking due diligence, Program within your region that identifies and monitors significant risks and remediation efforts, and ensures compliance with operational policies and control procedures and legal/regulatory requirements
Pros
gym
Cons
stabilitu
Interesting work place
Senior Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 12, 2019
I was Senior Sales Assistant for two top producing Financial Consultants. I took care of their accounts and made sure their clients were taken care of as well. Strong administrative and customer service.
Pros
Loved my job
Cons
Loved my job
Senior Inventory Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 11, 2019
The culture at Citi is very diverse and the teams are always willing to help and learn. Management always try to guide you in the right direction. The only con is that they are outsourcing most of the administrative jobs over seas
Pros
Great collages and collaborative team players willing to always help
Cons
Manager are considerate as well
Not a good place to work
Branch Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 11, 2019
I had a degree in Finance, but I felt like I was selling my soul to put people into loans they couldn't afford or didn't need. It was really high-pressure sales. Churning existing profiles by offering "CAD" or Customer Appreciation Days to add funds on to existing loans. Really shady practices.
Pros
Nice infrastructure
Cons
Horrible Job
Fun
Database Administrator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 11, 2019
Nice place to work at. Good work/life balance, good benefits, job security, and promotions available, good management and a very lively work culture. Good place!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.

55.5K
45.1K
33.2K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP15%
In the Top 15% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Citi.

Powered by Comparably