Citi

Citi Employee Reviews

United States13,386 reviews

Found 13,386 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,553 reviews
benefitcitibankcustombankamazeco-workertraincitigroup

They care about their employees.

Featured review

Citi selected this as a representative review
Citi cares about the employees and wants you to succeed. Been at the company less than 3 years and already got a promotion. The environment & pay is great.

May 11, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We appreciate the time taken and we are glad to hear you are enjoying your time with Citi.

Terrible management.

Working at Citi was not ideal. The shifts are usually 10 hours with 4 day work weeks which isn't terrible, but the work was rough. Customers are terrible and management is terrible.

Pros

10 hour shifts

Cons

Everything about the company sucks

Citi insights

Based on 2,354 survey responses
What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

Diverse and supportive work place

Not your typical call center. Lots of room for growth. The company cares about a work/life balance. Management is there for full support and works with you on school and extra circulars. Company provides a ton of PTO and sick days.

May 11, 2022
Thank you for writing a review. We are glad to hear that you are happy working with Citi.

Had fun

I felt like we had purpose. Also, I believed that our jobs mattered. Pay was decent. Cafe and the Gym on site was a bonus. Great people who worked there.

Fast paced and unorganized.

The environment was both fast paced and unorganized. Reasonable training was finally provided several months after I started working. I believe other teams at Citi may operate differently, but that is just my guess.

Work load is massive but it’s manageable with a good team, very team oriented work. Management is not the best & you’re kind of on your own. Raises are very small.

It's a bank

It's a bank, I don't really have anything good or bad to say about it other than that. I was laid off when they were trying to get rid of most of the remote workers because senior management decided they didn't like it anymore. This was a couple years after being pushed into being fully remote by senior management guidelines.

Pros

It's a bank

Cons

It's a bank

Company is Good

Good Technical people to work with .Every one codes including your manager.Secure job.Good insurance. New Tech stack to learn.Working on CI / CD pipelines

Pros

New Process and Tech

Cons

No work life balance

Great culture

I never had a position at Citi in 7 years where I didn’t have a great team of talent and a quality manager. A lot depends on your manager in any job.

Pros

Remote work in some positions

Cons

Lower salary compared to other banks

Good place to work and some great people will be your colleagues!

I joined as an intern and then was hired full time. I worked here for about 3 years. I definitely learned a lot in the earlier years, and then the work got very monotonous and routine like. I felt like I wasn't growing much after, but I did spend a lot of time on training myself and improving my skills as Citi offers its employees access to Udemy for free. They are also very big on mentorship and I met some amazing people here!

Decent work place difficult to move up

Its an okay work place and pays fairly well. Can be hard to move up in certain departments and some managers can be incompetent but the HR department is robust.

Great place to work, but seems slow to adapt to change

I enjoy working at Citi. Senior leadership seems to care about the company's image and the well-being of its employees. Great pay and benefits. I get a true sense of working in a global organization. However, like other comparable corporations, Citi could appear bureaucratic and slow to adapt to change. The organization is so compartmentalized that one line of business may be vastly different in style and culture from another. Sometimes it is hard to locate the correct team/individual to resolve an issue.

Pros

Great pay and benefits, respectful and collaborative colleagues

Cons

Bureaucratic, compartmentalized organization and disjointed teams

A great entry-level job for any data analyst

The typical workday is very structured and full of meetings. The workplace is great, my entire team and management are amazing. So many opportunities to grow and learn. All employees have access to udemy business account to learn.

Good company

I would work here again. People are soo nice no micro management. Cafeteria is big and nice . Gym on campus . Hours are good so yiu won’t be stressed out.

Pros

Long lunch

Cons

not having to speak with customers

I like the idea of being given a task thats just for me. I like being given a quota to meet. I enjoyed the different 10 hour shifts. I enjoyed being off during the week.

Fun and challenging

Working at Citi has been a challenging and fun experience. My manager cares about my personal growth, and I get to interact with some of the smartest people in buisness. It's a real honor to be apart of such an amazing organization.

May 11, 2022
Thank you for leaving a review! We are glad to hear you are enjoying your time at Citi.

Can be fun call center experience with alot of flexibility

Great with work life balance. Able to schedule time off for last minute or unexpected Events.Supports continuous education. Encourages Employees to participate in community events and organization

Pros

Employee Family Events

Cons

Constant changes

Good company

The company is solid and the staff is prepared and knowledgable. Probably the only concern is how competitive everyone is. Most of the time you have to be watching over yourself to make sure that no one will do something behind your back.

Pros

Cons

Little flexibility

Good benefits. Pay could be better.

Overall a great place to work. Benefits are good, but pay could be better. A lot of different departments with opportunities for gaining experience.

Not appreciated; feel like just a number; no feeling of belonging

They have provide exactly no help whatsoever for people working from home. They did not even provide a computer or monitors for work from home; we have to use our own computers and there no allowance for your personal internet acces at home like other companies do. There is really no teamwork and management is very unhelpful. You would have to find someone to work for you if you want to take a certain day off otherwise they will refuse your request even if you requested the day more than a month before! Why should an employee have to chase after people to work for them if they want to take an earned vacation day off and when they are providing more than ample notice?

Pros

Cons

Bad management, no feeling of teamwork

Culture at Citi always awesome

Great mgmnt develop future leaders, ethics always priority number 1, everyone held accountable, positive attitudes despite chance being a constant, qualitty of people unmatched.

Pros

Bonus if metrics met monthly, recognition a top priority, always doing something for agents

Cons

Layoffs, in mortgage too many programs used simultaneously

Common questions about Citi

Answered by current and former employees at Citi

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Citi.
Powered byComparably