Citi Employee Reviews

Found 10,302 reviews matching the search See all 14,178 reviews
A fast paced, educational and motivating company with great advancement opportunities.
First Call Customer Care Collections (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 13, 2018
I enjoyed working for Citi Bank for a company as a whole. A typical day working for Citi consists of friendly competition with daily incentives, personal and professional growth opportunities and is constantly changing providing an ever growing work atmosphere. Management is always consistent, well educated on company policies and procedures and do a great job of keeping employees informed and aware of any and all career opportunities available. The hardest part for me was needing to leave the company as I would have preferred to stay had I not needed to do otherwise.
Pros
Overtime available most of the year, healthcare, paid time off, matches 401k deposit if 3% or more up to 6%.
Cons
Call Center is not 24 hrs, special projects are usually worked overseas - creating a lack of jobs available within the nation
Branch Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCAugust 13, 2018
Is a very good company to work for now that I’m established with my moving looking forward to joining back at work as soon opportunity will comes available.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Not willing to provide this information at this time
Senior AML Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 13, 2018
Not willing to provide any type of feedback regarding a typical day at Citibank at this time. Once I receive an interview I an lay out an atypical day at Citibank
Great Enviroment
Loss Mitigation Spec 4 SAFE ACT (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOAugust 13, 2018
Citi allows you to advance in your career if you are willing to put in the time and effort. Numerous opportunities in regards to jobs, networking, volunteering and much more. Could not ask for a better company to work for.
It starts with management.. Lead by example or be lead no where
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montague st brooklynAugust 13, 2018
They load you with a bunch of things to do while helping customers at the teller window. Management is very unfair they are constantly firing and hiring people, no communication skills. It feels very much like high school the energy is very off. Its like everyone hates their job. Upper management is even worst. If you are called in to work on your day off because someone else called out and you can not make it be prepared to be coached constantly even for using one sick day. This is the worst company ive worked for thus far I have worked with other banks and I never encountered difficulties in answering customers simple questions.
Pros
sick days vacation time, discount perks
Cons
management, electronic equipment, company overall
excelent jobs
Anti-money laundering Analyst Bilingual (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 13, 2018
good salary
good schedules
flexibility
teamwork
opportunity
there are always new projects
Fair opportunities for your development
company where you can grow and learn
Many cultures and languages, which makes an atmosphere of work optimal and cheerful
typical day at work
MARKET RISK ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 12, 2018
Good place to work. My supervisor is really reliable and subject matter expert. Good work-life balance. I would definitely recommend to a friend. Thanks
Opportunities to learn
Group Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 12, 2018
I was fortunate to be able to work in different part of the organization both in US and international business. Also, I had opportunity to learn new technologies.
It was a great place to work
Operations Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 12, 2018
Citi was a great place to work with great benefits. They closed the site in Las Vegas and everyone was laid off, otherwise I would still be working there
A good place to work, I kind of miss it
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 12, 2018
I started my career at Citi in Retention - selling credit cards to people who don't want credit cards. They Call to close their credit card account and we would try to save it or Keep it. I attained a 95% save rate.
From retention I went to Corporate Cards for Fortune 500 companies. I worked in customer service talking to cardmembers who could be traveling for their company in Europe. Interesting job.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Travel 20 miles from home in winter
Decent job
Direct Bank/Telephone Banker (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYAugust 11, 2018
The job itself is redundant, but it is a steady schedule with decent pay. Very predictable, but they do lots of fun activities throughout to make it interesting
Pros
predictable, pay
Cons
can be redundant
Exciting and fun environment to work in
Operation Readiness Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOAugust 11, 2018
Citi has been a wonderful company to work for and I appreciate the opportunities given to me throughout the years. I have experienced so many changes and growth throughout the 32 years I have worked at Citi.
Citi day
Digital Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 11, 2018
I loved working for the company because of the environment, A company that generally loves their employees. I would be working on the phone assisting clients with their needs with citi's website and any customer service needs on their financial account as well if needed.
Pros
two breaks and a lunch during the day
Team Spirited, knowledge, fast-paced, poor management
Teller Level 2 (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAAugust 10, 2018
The hardest part about working for Citi is that their equipment consistently fails daily on the worst days such as the weekend, which greatly impacts our customer service scores. Citi does not invest in newer equipment and software that is not advanced or current to todays technology. Management is very poor, unfair, and shows favoritism to particular employees unfortunately. Many employee's have transferred or quitted due to this. The only enjoyable part about this job is having co-workers who are outgoing and caring individuals who become family. On a positive note, responsibilities are huge in this bank and it might be overwhelming at times, yet it sets you up for success in future up bringing for other banks to take on higher roles. You gain a lot of insight on operations and the team spirit is high. On some Friday's, there is casual day friday sports day.
Pros
Flexibility, weekdays only 10-5, benefits, Pto
Cons
poor management, high employee turnover rate, old software & equipment, favoritism
good impression
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 10, 2018
Didn't work there long, but I had a good impression.The over all staff was helpful and caring. The attendance wasn't too crazy strict and VTO was offered.
Assistant branch manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDAugust 10, 2018
I enjoyed working with Citibank, employees were friendly and willing to work as a team. I love their benefits and flexibility of schedule. Management is very helpful
Good Company
VP - Audit Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 10, 2018
Citi is an excellent company to work for. I've been there 12 years and was promoted 3 times and currently a vice president in Internal Audit. I've learned a lot.
Excellent workplace with great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 10, 2018
Citi bank has a great salary, many benefits, and discounts which make it a great place to work. Considering that while working at Citibank I only had a high school diploma and made just as much as family members with a Higher education it’s guaranteed good place to better livelihood.
Pros
Gifts and parties
Cons
Short breaks and lack of internal advancement
Operation manager
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 10, 2018
Train and coached teller. Oversee daily teller transactions. Loaded ATM machines and balance them out. Perform teller duties whenever needed. Assist managers with customers etc.
Pros
Not too far
Cons
management
Overview
Assistant Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTAugust 10, 2018
Community based company and works mainly with the general public to tackle financial needs. The culture is diverse and the nature is comfortable. I would still be working for the company had they not closed the office doors.
Pros
Good advancement and training
Cons
Higher compensation would have been better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.

55.2K
44.7K
33K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

54%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

51%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss