Citi
Happiness rating is 64 out of 100

Citi Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Citi Bank is good bank to work I wish they were not closing branches in VA. I really enjoyed working there. I really like their sales incentives pay was really good.
The personal banker role at Citi bank was one of my favorite positions held, unfortunately I did not stay long due to the micro management. The position/location became stressful which is what lead me to leave. I was really looking forward to growing and reaching my potential at Citi, but maybe I can return at a later date under different management.
Pros
Salary, Growth, Company, Recognition
Cons
How to summarize this nightmare in 1751 .. words:- work life balance zero ... You will know your start time, but you will never know your exit time because of the branch manager's disorganization and indiscretions.- at some branches you have to pay for parking and some do not get reimbursement because it is "your home branch or neighboring branch"- branch manager disorganized and doesnt care for employee(s) well being and asks you to come to work for a few hours even though you are saying that you are sick.- complaints about manager land of deaf ears and when escalated nothing comes to fruition.- favoritism plays a major role and gossiping goes hand to hand.- antiquated equipment and software because "we are a global company and we are held yo higher standards"- benefits aren't great and they are too expensive for the service you get i.e. for be well benefits tasks that you complete and you get money for completing them, you will get taxed on your paycheck.- managers will not approve time sheets on time and if you by any chance have OT that OT will NOT get paid until the following paycheck or sometimes he/she will forget to approve the time sheet or send it back to you because he/she wants justification.- banker meetings are repetitive and boring and these are far .. you get mileage reimbursement, but you have to jump through hoops to get that approved and same scenario from above plays a factor ... If manager does not approve .. good luck - the workload doesnt conmesurate with the pay/hr.- your break gets interrupted because of "business needs"- managers will sent - more...
Pros
You co-workers
Cons
Everything stated above .. do yourself a favor stay away.
They are driven by greed and profit. They are run by white guys in ties who are so removed from the day2day of living and working in the real world. Opinions are frowned upon and often punishable. They accept mixed messages and inconsistent policies across the different organizations of bank, business, brokerage, mortgage. They treat employees like garbage. I do not know how they stay in business.
Pros
Cons
Everything you can imagine
it was a great experience, great manager, good coworkers, and lots of opportunities to grow. would recommend others to work here. very busy and hectic, but still good.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Working for Citi is a great honor, great work environment that facilitates growth and personal development. Teamwork enables high and efficient production while enhancing skills.
Citi was the best place I have ever worked at. Advancement opportunities, great benefits, great management and great culture. Great opportunities. Highly recomend it
Vastly different after acquisition by Springleaf, company became less well managed, more stressful, less interested in helping customers and more interested in monthly numbers
Quick footed, slow witted management style Opportunity for off-site training & conferences (as a reward) Starting pay-to-market, doesn't keep up with the market Weak management dominated by senior bosses, middle and line mgt nearly worthless AND will not stand up for employees
Pros
Good starting pay, work-from-home
Cons
Spineless management
I worked as a technical warehouse supervisor in a data center. The job paid well and I worked independently. In addition, the management was fair and we had a lot of paid days off.
Being a teller at Citi was an experience that I do not regret because I helped me understand that I do not want to be in commercial banking. Being a teller was good job security in terms of hours but based on the job market the position is disappearing.
Very involved setup, with employees demonstrating expertise in areas of inclusion. Supervision is available with training for improvement. Continue education is highly encouraged. Very involved in banking practice
Pros
Work-family balanced environment.
Cons
Very long hours and stressful
I learn alot during my job in citibank.very peaceful and perfect place to work, my manager was very nice and friendly. Schedule was almost same every week but it was easy to change due to urgent work with Co workers.i learned how to build new relations with our clients to make them happy.
Pros
Employee appreciation free food
Cons
30 minutes break and healthcare insurance
Performed user enablements on Vax computers. Performed backups and restores to the systems. Monitored system and application performance on large screens. Maintained and updated a PCM manual.
Pros
local onsite cafeteria and being able to park onsite.
Cons
flex time was not part of their time off scheduling.
Working at citi is a good learning experience. I learned a alot about finance and the banking industry. This company is very stressful to work for but for very few benefits.
I thing it is not typical day at work , we work with fun. I have very good team so we enjoy to work with fun and make customer happy . I am originally from india . So I learned lot of things How communicate with customer,.Multitasking ,ability to prioritize, responsibility , accuracy , how to handle with customer problems Our management is very nice always take care about employee. They give us lot training to learn Different task . Give us good bonus for sale products Work place culture is very friendly , very understandable, like to work with fun. I do not thing anything like hard part in job , if you willing to work and willing to learn nothing is hard. Most enjoyable part of job is meet different type of customer , learn different cultural , work with fun . Good team .
Pros
Some time emploee appriciation day
Cons
You can take small breaks
it is a stress full place to work if your manager is a new hire if a manger that has been there for a long time you will enjoy working at Citi since it is nice place to wrok.productive and also your professional growth is possible but they are poor at staffing situations.
Did personal loans and second mortgages . Love the people I worked with . I loved helping customers get out of debt or get money to fix up their houses
Analyzed, examined, and interpreted account records, compiled financial information, and reconciled reports and financial data Conducted thorough reviews customers accounts Process journal entries and perform accounting corrections to ensure accurate records. Adhered to departmental controls and regulations maintain clients accounts Open/close accounts
Management sees you as less then human, and their is a stark disconnect between how the people at the top view the job and how the job actually functions.
Typical banking environment. Goals, goals , and more goals. Must be sells driven, very important. Nothing more to tell than that. Great benefits.
  1. Employee Reviews