Citi

Citi Employee Reviews

United States13,838 reviews

Found 13,838 reviews matching the searchSee all 19,077 reviews
citibankcitigroupbankbankingmortgagecreditloanfinancial

They care about their employees.

Featured review

Citi selected this as a representative review
Citi cares about the employees and wants you to succeed. Been at the company less than 3 years and already got a promotion. The environment & pay is great.

Official response from Citi

May 11, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We appreciate the time taken and we are glad to hear you are enjoying your time with Citi.

Work life balance

I really enjoyed the environment @ Citi. I felt very welcomed and I felt like my opinion mattered as far as the future of the company . They prioritize diversity and work life balance which is good.

Citi insights

Based on 2,735 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Fast and Fun work place.

It was a fun place to work. Loved my colleagues. The hardest part was working with some unbearable potential clients. The training was pretty good and they paid pretty well.

Some officers were very helpful

Colleagues were very helpful. Frequently changing supervisors , 3 supervisors in 3 years . So it's hara to build professional relationship with them for future references.Working hours are good.Working environment is good. Every role has their responsibilities Very good on following compliance rulesFinancial advisors are friendly but needed lot of referrals from retail banking

Pros

Very good on following compliance rules

Cons

Frequently changing supervisors

Good

Great place with benefits, the job isn’t hard honestly. Pay is very fair and you get raises annually, just sometimes understaffed but still not completely horrible! Employees are great but customers can be difficult! My manager always backs my team up!

What is the best part of working at the company?Helping the publicWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Management not trained wellWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?My office had a stressful work environment, and a lot of mistreatment and harassment of employees. The office eventually closed down.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Coming in, retrieving your money and counting your money. Assisting customers with financial transactions. Suggesting possible products such as , credit cards, savings accounts, and sells products. Filing documents. Answering phones.

What is the best part of working at the company?Lots of resources for professional development and opportunities for mobility and advancement.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Antiquated processes but even that is being addressed in the bank wide transformation.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great team atmosphere. Hybrid work in my location requires being in the office 2-3 days a week but there is a lot of flexibility.

Great place

Great place to work! Good benefits and flexibility! They take care of you. Excellent 401k and options for benefits. No complaints! Bonus is child care on campus

Extreme work load, busy from the time you walk in to the time you walk out reading is pretty long, management it not bad, the pay is Great and biweekly

It’s okay

Best thing about the job is the flexibility. The pay isn’t that Good. Good environment though. The calls are slow so we barely have ot . I wouldn’t ask anyone else to work here though.

Work environment

Need to make referrals to bankers ( at least 2 per day) get compensation if you have more referralsPay is above minimum wage, opportunity to learn more

Advance You're a strong communicator and express your thoughts and ideas clearly and respectfully.” “You communicate directions and expectations effectively.” “Your peers appreciate your willingness to listen to others.

Good start for banking

it was a good place to work overall.I didnt have any banking experience and they g I personally ave me the opportunity to become a personal banker. believe that handled the pandemic situation the best they could and were overall very understanding and accommodating

Stable and equally compensate employees

I was able to learn different personalities and dealing with irate clients and how to pacify them in a polite and calm manner.I ve learned to be patient as well

Pros

High pay

Cons

No weekend offs

Great benefits

Great Training, Citi is very diverse and they have great benefits, The job is consistent. I worked in the call center in Jacksonville FL.It's metric based like most call centers.

What is the best part of working at the company?Worked 28 years.... had several great managers and awesome team matesWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?Dealing with irate past due card members and performance ratingsWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very professionalWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Busy but stressful.... need to be able to handle all types of calls

great place to learn and grow

Well organized, knowledgeable team and colleagues, very supportive management. Global view. Good place to work hard to learn the business and move up.

Total extortion

They allowed or forced the employees to learn as much as possible with the only purpose to explote the employees without giving them the pay or the title according with their knowledge and hard work. To get a day off during bussines hours is almost imposible. Employees with kids on school age are not allowed time to be responsable parents. There is not family/job time balancing.

Pros

Experience and knowledge in banking

Cons

Management abuse of power

Good benefits and pay

Great benefits and pay which is why people tend to stay. The job itself will eventually run you into the ground. Call after call of angry customers. Little support and understanding from management. Goals they set are in unachievable.

What is the best part of working at the company?People are super nice. Job is very easy once you get the hang of it. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The pay when I was there was less than what McDonalds paysWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Great work environment. I looked forward to going to work each day.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Answering phones and assisting customers

Heavy call flow no time

Only thing is the phone calls back to back all the time. Reading the verbatim thee and the is two different ones and I got wrote up for simple mistake. But they will feed you and pay you good!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Citi.
Powered byComparably

Compare Citi with

• Citi
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?