Citizens-Options Unlimited Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Love My Job
Yoga Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brookville, Plainview and WantaghAugust 26, 2018
I absolutely love my job teaching yoga in the Recreation Dept. It's my favorite time of day! The clients I work with are extremely kind and dedicated to their practice. They are so appreciative of the work I do with them; I know they look forward to seeing me too! My upper management also appreciates me and the progress that we make. They give back to me what I give to them!
Citizens Options Unlimited is a fantastic company to work for.
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYAugust 24, 2018
Citizens is a company that empowers people with developmental and other cognitive disabilities to live the way they choose to. Citizens employees hold themselves to a very high standard of professionalism. I am proud to be a part of the organization and it's initiatives to be the best it can be.
Pros
benefits, health care, vacation time, group discounts, excellent leadership
Cons
very difficult and specialized work due to the population that is served
Excellent benefits, challenging work environment but rewarding
AD (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYAugust 12, 2018
Citizens is an expanding, room for advancement, hard work, but the challenge has given me motivation to make people's lives better. Allowed me to work and get my masters degree
Pros
Benefits, paid time off, tuition reimbursement
Cons
Long work days/weeks
Ill do anything but work here any longer
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 1, 2018
Management covers for each other and covers up incidences. They dont care for their individuals, staff is not respected, parents who have $ run the place with no advocacy for those with no family. Management is atrocious all the way up the company. Tolerance of intolerable acts, expect way too much from staff. You'll get mandated to stay for the next shift and if you have another job to go to or kids to go home to they dont care, you'll still get written up. Any concerns from staff falls on deaf ears along with hypocrisy from management to staff. Theres been many injuries that they "dont know what happen" to their individual ms and things get swept under the rug. Never in my life have I been so disgusted by a company or group of workers. Slackers and hard workers are treated the same. If this was the last place in the world to work, I'd still rather be broke. JOIN ANY COMPANY but this one.
Pros
The individuals are great
Cons
Everything about this place is a con
Good place to start your career
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 6, 2018
I cannot speak too much on behalf of Citizens Unlimited since I have not worked there long enough. They do value each employee and staff was available to help when necessary
Just a horrible place to work !
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Commack, NYApril 30, 2018
Citizens is just the worst place to work. The higher ups are ungrateful and they expect so much from you. They barely care about the individuals there. All they worried about is the money and their bonuses !
Pros
No pros
Cons
Everything about it is a con
a typical day at eork
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Plainview, NYNovember 21, 2017
management is very poor, wouldn't recommend my residence for anyone to work at, other house ive worked at were great ..........................................................................
Not the best but it has its perks
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMay 17, 2017
Citizens is not a desirable place to work because they expect too much for too little pay and there is a lot of nepotism and cronyism going on in the hiring process. It also takes too long to advance even when you are painfully overqualified.On the other hand, you have the benefit of flexibility, depending on your position, and the benefits package is always a plus.
Pros
benefits package; flexibility
Cons
Poor morale;low compensation;

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citizens-Options Unlimited. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9