Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Found 2,153 reviews matching the search See all 2,174 reviews
In store Fun and very busy environment
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Yardley, PANovember 13, 2018
Great working environment, Learned to present Citizens Bank Products professionally. Very friendly and professional management.
Everyone is very friendly and respectful Excellent working culture.
making phone calls on weekly basis on calling night could be challenging sometime but you would learn a lot from it.
Going in isles to talk to new people everyday and introducing Citizens Bank and its products is fun.
A great work environment
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHNovember 13, 2018
My time at CFG has been nothing shirt of great. The management staff and regional staff has been nothing but helpful in career development and life balance management for any employee who was willing to show any interest in career growth and development.
My experience with Citizens
Consumer QA QC Sr. Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 12, 2018
I really enjoyed being employed with Citizens Bank. I started back in Feb' 2000 and the only reason for my departure now is because my entire department is being outsourced, Every day it was pleasure. There is always room for growth and improvement. Although there were some challenges, management always took the time to assist and guide you in the correct direction. I especially like that they honored there employees at least 2 times a year to show there appreciation. Even though I didn't have any experience when I first arrived I was wiling to learn and management was always eager to help me to succeed. I learned a tremendous amount of information that I will take with me wherever I go and I will never forget the great learning opportunity experience.
Pros
Statbility and growth
Cons
Low pay
I started as a Teller and quickly climbed the ladder and was promoted to Senior Banker and Ball Park Banker.
Senior Teller and Ballpark Banker (Former Employee) –  Willow Street, PANovember 12, 2018
I loved it! I had very little experience within banking when I first started. I quickly learned and was promoted to Sr Teller and also was selected to be a ballpark Banker in Phila w The Phillies Ball Team. A dream come true!
Pros
People interaction
Cons
Soe days you didnt have the foot traffic to sell enough new accounts or book appointments
Non-Supportive Management
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 9, 2018
As a mortgage officer, I found the loan process to very antiquated. It took forever for a loan to be submitted due to the hang ups. The software platform and hardware is from the 90’s. The branches don’t even have a scanner to upload docs. The processing and closing depts are a joke. Their individual managers should have been terminated years ago because of all of the problems they’ve created. Instead of pointing the finger at everyone else, they need to take responsibility for their chronic errors caused and work to fix them. Loans are often closed late because of these careless mistakes. There’s zero pride in their work.

Leads from the bankers in the individual branches are non-existent because the BM’s don’t hold their employees accountable with the alleged goals set. The BM regional manager literally doesn’t do anything to promote mortgages at the branches. There’s absolutely zero signage or marketing materials for mortgages there so customers have no idea that’s a line of business. Several promises were made to get me to come to Citizens Bank. Not one was kept. My income was 1/3 of what I made at another mortgage company.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Poor loan process
Misleading
VP - Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2018
Poor leadership from senior leaders and a culture of yes men because they are all afraid of getting let go.
They claim to be growing but a good look at the number of personnel show just the opposite. They are chasing all the good people away.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Poor leadership and a culture of job fear
Great work environment
Home Equity Processor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 9, 2018
This is a great place to work except there is not much of an opportunity to advance within the company or build your career. The work environment is very relaxed and you are very independent with your work load, you must manage your time efficiently.
Great place to work at
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 8, 2018
Awesome ppl to work with, management is great. you must be good in sales and operations in order to succeed............................................
its a good place to work
Vice President and Senior Counsel (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 8, 2018
its a good place to work and I enjoyed my time here.

Colleagues are very friendly.

Office was relatively convenient but would rather it be in NYC
Wonderful place to work
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Loudonville, NYNovember 7, 2018
Co-workers where great to be with, lots of support and teamwork, was promoted and in the process of getting cross trained to be able to work at a desk and open and service accounts, caring atmosphere, my grandfather passed while I was working there, I received my grievance time and they bought me a plant and a card, we did things together outside of work, had a wonderful Christmas party which I was able to host at my house.
Pros
Supportive atmosphere
liars
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, PANovember 6, 2018
i thought when I was hired that it was strictly just service calls in call center only to find out that they were sales driven. They stated in training that it was not a sales based job yet they hounded you to make sales daily.
competive place to work.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Flint, MINovember 6, 2018
overall I did enjoy working as a bank teller. I did not like how management push us to sell items such as accounts or credit cards. I learned that bank teller are more than people that just handle money, they can be salesmen, which I did not enjoy. I loved the flexible work hours here. The morning hours let me spend time with my children.
Pros
paid holidays
Loved to work there
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 5, 2018
This was one of the best positions I have had in my working career. I had great managers who groomed me to become a Teller Manager and a good one too. They always give me opportunities to grow and learn.
Horrible
Licensed Banker (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PANovember 5, 2018
When I was first hired they lied to me told me I would be at a location and they moved me. Citizens loves to hire you at one place than tell you months later you were hired in as a evergreen! No one tells you anything! My role was a Licensed banker and I was stuck behind the teller line doing transactions instead of focusing what I was hired for. The goals are ridicoulas and there are so sales orientated!! Bankers are opening 3-4 checking accounts for people when they don’t need them because they want to meet their checking account goal! If they don’t meet there checking account goal they do not receive any bonus pay regardless if you did 100,000$ of loans and revenue still don’t get a bonus unless you meet your checking account goals!! They also have licensed people behind the teller line telling them to talk about annuities and investments! This place is crooked ans horrible get out now!! You will also work 6 days a week the schedule is horrible!
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Pay, schedule, management, policies, pretty much everything
Poor management
Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MANovember 5, 2018
Citizens bank was a good place to work as a teller, but poor management, the pay was low, and the promotions was also low when it came to certain people in the branch.
Pros
Locations and hours
Cons
No room to move up
Not worth it
Senior Business Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 4, 2018
When I started at Citizens Bank i was told it would take 3 years to develop a book of business and that I would have a protected area and that commissions would be paid.. so far from the truth. In the end they took the business and never paid the commissions.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Awful
Sr. Credit Risk Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RINovember 2, 2018
Just plain awful. it was very bad....management was so bad that I actually was able to write a short book on management ethics. it gave me the insight to have bad management experience compared to terrible.
Pros
Cons
everything
Productive work enviornment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 2, 2018
Each day was different, just the scripts were typical. Everyone was pleasant and willing to assist. The hardest part for me was to up sale. I did not force it and for that I always was called in for coaching.
Pros
great incentives, upgraded bank account
Cons
hours worked not condusive to current lifestyle
Great people to work for
Teller, Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Morehead, KYNovember 2, 2018
A typical work day includes answering phones, day to day transactions, filling out and filing paperwork. Along with opening accounts, managing different tasks.
Pros
Great environment
Productive and Enjoyable
Student Loan Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 2, 2018
On a typical day once peak season kicked into high gear, my job was to underwrite up to 50-75 loan applications from both domestic and international borrowers and co-borrowers.

Once training was completed, we were encouraged underwrite within the guidelines, but with the autonomy to make common sense exceptions where warranted.

Although our work was audited for the quality of our decisions, we were not micro managed at every turn. The environment was more collaborative than directive which made for a much less stressful atmosphere.

The biggest challenge was keeping up with the volume of new business when peak (mid June - August) was in high gear. There was unlimited overtime offered which led to many 10 -15 hour days.

The most enjoyable part of my time there was the relationships I gained with the great people I worked with.
Pros
Collaborative and Professional
Cons
None Noted

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight