Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Found 2,079 reviews matching the search See all 2,101 reviews
Stressful work environment
Senior FX Confirmations & Settlements Analyst (Current Employee) –  Riverside, RISeptember 22, 2018
Lots of great people but job is extremely stressful and upper management does not seem to care about quality of life for their employees. Would not recommend working here.
Inconsistent management and staffing
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutSeptember 20, 2018
The company is either unwilling or unable to allocate resources appropriately to branches. Managers move frequently and do not follow consistent standards in scheduling and operations. There seems to be no concern when employees do not get adequate breaks or are overwhelmed. Initial off-site training is very good but falls off considerably in branch depending on the branch manager, there seems to be very little oversight from above regarding training inadequacies.

There are benefits to working for Citizens such as paid study and tuition reimbursement and different branches/regions may provide better and less stressful work environments.
Great colleagues. Not a strong understanding of small markets.
Business Banking Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VT 05401September 20, 2018
Citizens Bank is growing and expanding. Vermont is a small state and Citizens did not fully understand the market or economics in the state. *********
the most enjoyable part of the job
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 19, 2018
For me personally the most enjoyable part working for Citizens was the connections you make with the customers. They make it worth coming into work everyday, the fact that I can help them start their savings goals and walk them through on how to continue to grow their savings is an amazing feeling.
Pros
reimbursements
Cons
short breaks for 10 hour shifts
Growing pains
Sr. Service Delivery Manager (consulting) (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RISeptember 19, 2018
Company is changing for the better but will take a while to get there. Experiencing growing pains and will need to bring in new talent to help get the there.
Typical day at work
Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aztec, NMSeptember 18, 2018
My day was great, the employees were like my second family. They say that you see your co workers more than your own family. I got my coffee in the morning and was ready to start my day. I worked eight hours.
Pros
Family feel.
Cons
Pay
Work culture
Portfolio Manager, Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHSeptember 18, 2018
Citizens has allowed me to work remotely in order to provide for my son as well as be there for him when its necessary. I am able to attend meeting via the web as well as do my job proficiently.
growing company looking to advance in their industry
Retail Branch Manager, VP (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Carried over my management experience from previous roles. looking to advance my career with limited opportunity. company headquarters is based in another state and not much room for advancement.
Pros
building culter
Cons
lack of advancement
My Experience at Citizens Bank
Platinum/Premier Banking Center Specialist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 17, 2018
Lack of advancement for minorities and not much career development options. I remember once signing up for a Resume Builder Workshop that I was so excited for had been approved and everything only to be let down last minute and was told because I work on the phones no accommodations could be met. This was a huge let down since had been with Citizens 8+ years at this time.This was one of many examples that displayed Citizens had no empathy when it came to helping enhancing my career. Although fellow colleagues and environment was great they slowly removed programs such as "The Voice" that gave employees the opportunity to discuss pain points that did not allow us to perform our roles at its most optimal level. I was terminated on the day I had a doctors appt because a progressing eye infection. Spoke with HR and they said I was eligible for re hire so I posted for position and have yet to receive a call back. Never in a million years would have thought that a company I gave close to 10 years of my life would turn their back on me in a time of need.
Pros
Great opportunity
Cons
Lack of empathy in career development of long term employees
Not good
Universal Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Doylestown, PASeptember 14, 2018
They would hire a ton of new people and would build up hope. They would fill you in on rules of termination after you had already missed 3 days in a row for being sick. Could care less about what your accomplishments were.
Enjoyed the staff that I worked with
manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2018
Banking is a universal job and can be enjoyable but it is a result driven business and the micro management when not making you results can be very disheartening
work work work no appreciation
teller/banker (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 13, 2018
worked for citizens bank for a few years, I'm sorry to say that its not a good place to work especially if you have family/kids, hours are long, to get relocated to a traditional branch was impossible unless you kiss a lot of frog's (PC) or have family member working with in the company. No appreciation on what you have accomplished or fixing other peoples problems/branch issues = sales, rev and customer service (cst) % from tier 1- now on tier 3 less then a two-three months, smh.. if you in the banking world you'll know what I'm talking about, and if you do get any recognition its never personal its always by email (and or) a $5-10 dollar gift card in which its taxed deductible for the company. Customers might have an issue on their account and we are ordered to not tell them the correct issues on what is going on their account, so we are obligated to lie to the customer face in some occasions, and high managers (regional) are just a show they come in the branch and wants the employees to jump at their every needs and robotic personality that sometime uncomfortable, not reassuring about good, positive relationship, among staff and management. (fake, handshake comes with a smile) employees get good commission on sales, loan ext.. beware track every loan, account anything you do for your bonus/tier there's a chance you might not get credited on the work that you did, but not be credited to you and once it's gone it's gone... from what they say!!!
Pros
pay
Cons
work flow, hours, knowing the correct personal to move up
Flexible Work Schedules
Financial Reporting/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RISeptember 13, 2018
Citizens is a strong believer in work/life balance. It makes arrangements for people to accommodate their family or any issues that are going on at home.
Pros
Remote working at choice
Cons
unstable
Great place, but hard on sales
De- Personal banker (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 13, 2018
I love working at Citizens bank, but the amount of sales they want is getting to be unattainable. Many coworkers have complained about this and it is bringing down morale because bankers know they cannot reach their goals.
Overall the company is a good place to work at
Operations Manager I (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTSeptember 13, 2018
I was a manager for the company in Bridgeport, in a back office capacity and had a great staff who were in tune with their functions. The staff had 25 + yrs. of knowledge and abilities. Great team work, great people! For the Bridgeport location, my management job although very hard, was made easier with the culture of the team in other areas. Multiple people that would be willing to help and resolve any questions you have. This was a great learning experience and development. In turn I would do the same thing after lay off when called upon to help resolve issues and answer questions. Upper management was changed frequently with individuals who didn't understand the functions. The Bridgeport location had the longest, most knowledgeable and dedicated employees. From 5 floors of employees to 1 floor. Functions went to multiple locations in New England and a high number of job functions went offshore to individuals who although charge a low price, do not use or are allowed the proper thought process to think outside the box. They strictly stay to a written procedure and have no "gray" area. The customer are the people who really get hurt with much of this process. Unfortunate.The severing and multiple layoffs of that location was a poor business decision. Jobs were sent overseas and throughout New England. Once where the thought process and thinking outside the box is no longer used. Unfortunately this is where the customer is hurt.
Pros
Bridgeport office has highly skilled and long term people. Great knowledge!
Cons
Closing departments in Bridgeport caused multiple years of knowledge lost.
Colleagues, Customers and Community
Sales Regional Manager, Vice-President (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PASeptember 13, 2018
Citizens Bank is where I was exposed to some very good Managers that I would not be where I am today without sharing their ideas and them taking an interest in my career and development.

Citizens game me a chance to manage multiple branches and I was promoted from within for close to 10 years. Managers that I worked with I still stay in touch with and that is even if they are not at Citizens anymore.
Pros
Management truly took a vested interest in your success
Cons
Short staff most days
Management and movement
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsSeptember 12, 2018
Company as whole is great. Mission and credo are both somewhere I’d want to work. What I Didn’t enjoy is being moved to a different location without any options.
LOAN PROCESSOR/LOAN SERVICING REP (Current Employee) –  Kilgore, TXSeptember 12, 2018
a typical day at work learned a lot the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part management what you learned work place culture. fun enjoyable place.
Nice place to work
MULTI SITE BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaSeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time with citizens bank but moved to an area where the commute was just a bit to much to deal with. Learned a lot and upper management seemed to care about us as people not just employees
Pros
Performance based promotions
Cons
No pension
Banking
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILSeptember 6, 2018
Citizens Bank was a great place to work. The Managment and Customers were very nice and friendly. The hours were great truely a very nice bank to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Diversity score

53out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Citizens Bank.

Powered by Comparably