Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,004 reviews matching the search See all 2,026 reviews
good company
Bank teller and proof operator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIJuly 20, 2018
This was a very good company with lots of advancement opportunities. Management was helpful when challenges came up with the job. Annual preformance reviews with goal that were attainable
Pros
advancement
Cons
ups and down with being busy all the time
Its and ok company, may reccommend.
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Oneida, NYJuly 19, 2018
Citizens bank has a lot to offer someone if your working towards a career in banking. There is alot of promotions to advance in the career if thats what your intention is? I did not like the incentive program,that it makes the employees compete against each other causing an unpleasant environment, therefore having employees leave the company, and having excessive turn over.
benefits
Cons
employee competetion
No structure
BRANCH MANAGER (Current Employee) –  OhioJuly 18, 2018
Overwhelming environment. Not consistent in sales culture- constantly changing/revamping due to poor planning and poor execution. New initiatives and positions created to make up for lack of sales but archaic systems to not fully support said initiatives.
Large company atmosphere, stressful
Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 18, 2018
Fast-paced, great benefits, solid company to work for
Stressful atmosphere in most departments
Many required classes to take as part of job
Company values their employees more than most
Lack of Communication structure
Retail Staffing and Analysis - Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 17, 2018
Managers should have done a better job at tracking the team's availability and build some organization to include weekly status meetings and reports for the directors and other required staff members.
Risk Averse Environment
Appraiser Vendor Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 17, 2018
Managers are challenged to make changes and often hold an extremely risk averse attitude towards change and improvement. This makes it challenging to implement continuous improvement initiatives.
Productive and fun place to work if team and Project manager is good
AVP - Sr Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIJuly 16, 2018
it is a nice place to work compared to different banking clients but here environment is changing. Depends the project team you work in and the manager you work for. Most of the environment in IT is changing to Agile.
Pros
we have credo week
Cons
tight timelines.
Good company to work for
SBA Loan Closing Specilaist II (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIJuly 14, 2018
Citizens Bank is a good company to work for. They provide great benefits such as health care, 401k, retirement plans, vacation days, etc. From my experience within the 15 years I’ve been there they have been very flexible
Would never work there again
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 12, 2018
Management was unprofessional, didn't properly train staff, the manager should not have been working with other people period. The organization was going under, resulting in a lot of cut backs
Pros
there are none
Didn't like working for Citizens Bank
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 11, 2018
Lack of management. My manager sat at his desk most of the time playing video games on his phone. But when you had an issue he could help you. But did nothing to motivate you as an employee.
Pros
Nice work schedule
Cons
Lack of management
fast-paced, competitive, mean girl environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 11, 2018
if you don't play nice with the influencers, your career is doomed. mgmt. expectations are unrealistic, and work/life/balance suffers tremendously. compensation is competitive, however.
Pros
compensation
Cons
mean girl environment, boys club, long hours -never enough time in the day
Not much to say
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  MichiganJuly 7, 2018
Typical banking job, with high sales expectations, but minimal instruction for success. The job relies heavily on who your branch manager is and where your branch is located.
work day
Contact Center Senior Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJuly 6, 2018
assisting customers with all needs. answering all questions. explaining any loans available. warm transferring if needed. also handling escalated calls.
Very productive
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 5, 2018
Wonderful culture, helped me a lot to gain more experience, Provided multiple opportunities to grow, sometimes you have to do an overtime but it's fine. Complex systems / applications
July 16, 2018

We are so glad to hear you were to gain experience during your time with us! Keep up the great work in your next endeavor.

Not bad of a company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIJuly 4, 2018
The company overall isn’t bad to work for. There is room for growth if you put in the work. Once you get out of regular customer service, the place isn’t bad and the pay gets better for a lot less work that you do. Do your job and you’ll grow. Some managers are great and others, not so much. I like what I do and think what I get paid is great for the work I do. However, it’s just boring.
Citizens was not for me
Universal Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MAJuly 2, 2018
At Citizens the focus was all on sales, sales, and more sales. Not once during the time I worked there did I feel valued beyond my sales.
It is a very competitive and negative environment in my opinion. The stress alone was not enough for me. It got to the point where I decided to got o a different bank in a position with fewer hours just to get away from them.
I did, however, meet a few people who thrived in that environment so I can say it is for some people.
Poor company if you're looking for advancement based on performance
Small Business Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Bay Village, OHJuly 1, 2018
This is the most who you know not what you know bank I've ever seen. There is so much drama and hr problems it's unbelievable. I feel like I'm working with children forced to go to work rather than adults .
It's like working for a dictatorship
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 1, 2018
So Citizens has two types on branches in-store and traditional. I was in-store with meant working 10+ hrs dealing with a manager who refuses to work till close or even weekends. So a typical day is Monday-Thursday 9:30am to 7:30pm (yes long hours) Now with that time frame your not even promised a lunch break because they can't get people to work for the company or fill in at other branches. Fun rules and tid bits. If you have banking experience expect to be treated with as much abuse as possible. If you know how to do the work your in charge of doing it. If the manager "Delegates" the work to you, you better keep your mouth closed or face retaliation. When you seek help from HR don't expect to have their support because even if your a model employee who produces each quarter over the limit of what they want, your still easier to replace. Also, no personal conversations at all at work. You could say its equivalent of working for a Dictatorship. There are also very harsh sales goals. If you don't have 14 New to Bank (NTB) checking and 7500 in revenue your not getting paid out. Yet when it comes down to things there is not enough time in the day to do your job. Your supposed to go out and generate new business but when you leave you get in trouble if your not back soon enough and if you come back empty handed then your in trouble for going out in the first place. So my question is how are your supposed to get work done with no time, no managerial support, no staff, and no one to stand up for you. Trust me if your try to stand up for yourself it doesn't end well.
Pros
You have employment
Cons
Not Promised Lunch, 10hr shifts, horrible management
July 16, 2018

Thank you for sharing this information with us. We are committed to providing our colleagues with a work environment that empowers development and fosters collaboration. We are also committed to providing our managers with regular training opportunities focused on effectively leading teams. We are disappointed that your experience was not what you expected. If you would like to connect with us further to share details, please call Right Call (anonymous) at 1-877-495-4727.

Do Not Recommend
Senior Project Manager, VP (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAJune 30, 2018
In certain departments it's acceptable to work from home exclusively and the hours can be flexible at times, however per a recent conversation with HR it is at the discretion of the department manager how many hours over 40 are required in addition to working 6-7 days a week. The work load is extremely unreasonable. Most promotions are based on favoritism or age bias in reverse, the longer you've been at the company, the older you are,the more skilled you appear and are first in line for promotions. Fairness and a balanced work/home life are foreign concepts at Citizens.
Pros
Option to work from home
Cons
Excessive hours (10-14 hour days), no comp time for weekend work/travel
July 16, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. We're committed to ensuring that we provide a work environment that both empowers our colleagues and provides them with a balance between the office and home. Additionally, managers are trained to select the most qualified candidate for a role. Our policies on equal employment make it clear that discrimination is not a part of our culture and not accepted. We encourage you to utilize one of the many avenues to raise your concerns so that we can look into them. You can reach out to Employee Relations at employeerelations@citizensbank.com or if you prefer to remain anonymous, Right Call is available 24/7 at 1-877-495-4727.

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dedham, MAJune 28, 2018
It is a great company. The workplace culture is very strong. People are great. I learnt a great deal. It is fast pace, fun and challenging. I enjoy the most is the team work.
July 16, 2018

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to hear you are excelling and growing your career with us. Keep up the great work with your great team!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight