Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Found 2,405 reviews matching the search See all 2,429 reviews
Challenging and demanding place to work.
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Wayland, MAMarch 17, 2019
Difficult culture to embrace. Very bottom line focused with very little balance related to work/family, employees and customers are NOT the priority.
Pros
Usually, good colleagues to work with, sometimes fostering a team sprit.
Cons
Run down work environments
Good place to work with.
QA Tester Analyst (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDMarch 17, 2019
Citizen Bank was my first job as an automation engineer.This is the place where I got most of my training. Work culture is so rylex and friendly. I still miss these place.
Pros
So organized
Cons
N/a
Great Opportunity
Sr. Credit Risk Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 15, 2019
I was able to grow as a person and within the company during my time there. Nice campus. Several job opportunities are available, and good people work there.
Loan Officer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Easton, MAMarch 14, 2019
I started working here right out of college, and they provided a steady income and stable environment. There are many opportunities they can offer someone looking to start their career
Franklin American
Collateral Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 13, 2019
A typical work day at Franklin American mortgage was pretty laid back. it can get stressful when playing catch up and checking for accuracy when reviewing loans
energetic
Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RIMarch 13, 2019
Great place to work, environment was conducive to the job. Managers were pro-active and informative. Equal balance of man and women management. self contained building for gym, lounges and cafeterias.
Pros
Happy place
Cons
a lot of employees
Great Workplace
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, MAMarch 13, 2019
Citizens was a great place to work. The company offered flexibility to their employees and great benefits. I enjoyed working there but was laid off due to restructure in the market.
Stressful if at a poorly managed branch
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  South East MAMarch 12, 2019
Given a good location it can be a really great job. However, if you have a poorly managed branch it can become very stressful. Favoritism is very common and even if someone should not be there if they are liked by the regional they will not be going anywhere and instead good people will be forced to transfer or quit. If you show you are capable of hard work they will dump everything on you just to ensure it's done properly despite how big your work load already is. Sales are a HUGE part of the job, even if you hit your goals if you lack in sales of a certain product you will not hear the end of it. Your quarterly bonus will receive a deduction if your branch has a poor customer service score even if yours is good. Customer service comes second to sales ALWAYS, from my experience. If you are sitting with a customer and it's not a sale related conversation someone will be trying to get you to end it, even if you are helping with an important issue they have. A lot of branches have high drama which made it hard to enjoy my time there. After saying all of this it isn't all negative. It can be fun given the right co workers and manager and you can learn a lot.
Pros
Good pay, sports dressing on occasions, learn a lot of skills
Cons
Poor management
Imagine what's your worst nightmare
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAMarch 12, 2019
Imagine: Somebody comes and asks you to print out a statement (your day to day job is printing out statements) and your job is to sell them a mortgage refi, a heloc, a student loan and a personal loan. If you don't your management will ask why and "coach". Sell sell sell. The turnover is enormous and the vast majority of my colleagues hate their job. At my office more than 1/2 of the people have left within the past 1/2 year. I'm leaving soon too
Pros
convenient to home
Cons
Exceptionally high turnover
nice meetings
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Shiloh, OHMarch 12, 2019
meetings were decent. Food with meetings. supervisors were decent to those they liked. within walking distance for me .getting to work decent. lunches decent.
heavy on the sales
License Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  East Milton, MAMarch 11, 2019
pressure to make sales is immense, often at the expense of serving the customers needs. any banking customer service role is difficult general public treats you with disrespect, little support from management, your efforts are only valued if you make a sale. high turnover rate as employees get fed up with customers, slow computer systems and bad rates, and constant pressure to open accounts and bring in new money. the bonuses are not very good after everything you go through for three months you get $800 after taxes every quarter. you have to cold call people as well, which is unpleasant. when there is no foot traffic in the bank there is absolutely nothing to do, when its busy you feel like you can't complete one task before five more arise
Pros
hours, vacation time, bonuses
Cons
intense pressure to make sales, cold calling
Loved this company
Recruiter/ HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Smithfield, RIMarch 6, 2019
Loved my position
Great team
Great teachers
Learned alot
Many benefits
Great structure
Great management.... Always looking to help and help you advance
March 14, 2019

Thanks for your review! We're glad you enjoyed your time here and learned a lot. Best of luck in your next endeavor.

sales
UNIVERSAL PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Warren, RIMarch 6, 2019
It's a job. can be good if you love sales. i didn't like the pressure of having to meet certain sales goals and if not no payout for that quarter. especially seems we had about 4-5 people in same place trying to reach the same goals.
Citizens Bank
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMarch 6, 2019
it was ok could be better the management had a lot to desire and it was a job like any other goods and bads. colleagues are great to work with, but the work is thankless and fastpaced, lots of micromanagement, to be expected in a customer service environment
Good place
UNIVERSAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Pawtucket, RIMarch 6, 2019
A great place to work if you are paitent and work hard. Sales goals are fair and job matches compensation. I would recommend job to someone who asks. Future reference
March 14, 2019

Thanks for these thoughtful comments! We're pumped to hear you liked working here. We know you'll do well in your next role -- good luck!

good for growth and opportunity
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainville, MAMarch 6, 2019
general good company for growth. My particular region is very short staffed and idsorganized, but other's are very put together. good atmosphere and they care about colleagues.
Looks shiny but is rusty underneath
Call Center Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RIMarch 5, 2019
You go in thinking you're going to learn everything you need to. Once on the floor officially you are brow beaten until you submit. and even then if your 60 seconds out schedule you get dinged, oh no went the restroom to long. You hum, you get dinged, you sniffle, get dinged. very stressful and not worth it.
Overall great people and place to work
Senior Program Manager, Vice President (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAMarch 1, 2019
I spent 15 years here and was very happy. Over those 15 years I had a lot of opportunity for advancement and traiining which really helped me move my career forward. The benefits are also great.
March 4, 2019

Wow, that's impressive! Thanks for being with us 15 long years. We wish you the best of luck in your next endeavor.

forced to retire
Asst. Vice President/Sr. Relationship Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 28, 2019
Bad place to work poor management and leadership not very knowledgeable with the customers in Pittsburgh they where from Rhode Island a small bank that took on too big a task
Great place to work.
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Nanticoke, PAFebruary 26, 2019
Citizens Bank was a good place to work. Some managers can be overbearing but overall a great place to work. Very competive work place. The more you sell the more money you make.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight