Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Cut-throat line of work
Competitive line of work
Over worked at In-store branches
Mortgage Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, NJMay 24, 2018
Really great place to work. Loved all my coworkers just needed to make a more income. Perfect job for college grad or entry level banking. All good things for that company
sales, stress, and low pay
Multi site abm (Current Employee) –  Newtown, PAMay 22, 2018
stressful continual need of sales from team members. emails consistently demanding results eventhough those requesting have not worked in the branch or know the branch level of customers. exceed goals will get you promoted but with low pay. recognition for leading the team does not happen if you have personal sales too.
Pros
benefits top of the line but expensive
Cons
stressful sales
good work environment
Bank Fraud Investigation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 22, 2018
Citizens Bank was one of many jobs i enjoyed working at as a fraud specialist i worked to ensure customers did not have fraud on their accounts if so called to inform them if i see any suspicious activity or if they are aware of a check or funds being drawnfrom their accounts.
Pros
being able to catch fraud on a customers account
Cons
not catching fraud on the accounts
Its a bank.
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Standish, MIMay 22, 2018
This is a great place to work when i was in college as opposed to many other alternatives. As a career i would not recommend working as a bank teller as there is little opportunity for growth.
Very busy, very competitive
Assistant Branch Manager II (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 21, 2018
As a manager I wore a lot of hats during the day. I've learned a lot about banking and management while at Citizens Bank.
The workplace culture was tough but as long as you did your job you were not bothered by upper management. However they expected more the following day.
If you want to go to work daily, do your job without pressure, and stress this is not the place for you.
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, OHMay 20, 2018
After merging and becoming a Profit & Loss company, it became extremely militant in the Regional Management area. With each and every new RM they became more demanding/control driven. This company has lost so many seasoned, high producing employees because of this attitude. The pressure for sales makes the employees behave as if they are competing in the hunger games. They want to profess that they are a customer-oriented bank, that the customer comes first, however, they force their employees to constantly be shoving products down the customer's throats. They expect you to stay late and telemarket to bring customers in for what they call a checkup. (only to sell products to them) When in fact they want the ones who do frequent the bank to use mobile banking, online banking, and the ATM machine to actually do the banking so they do not come into the bank. This kind of incessant pressure makes it extremely unpleasant to work in the environment. Staffing has also been an ongoing issue. Daily sales are documented and sent to upper management. If unsatisfactory as to what they expect then each individual is grilled on which area they are lacking (checking, new money, loans, etc) and expectations, as per the RM are laid down, sometimes even to the extreme of ultimatums.This bank is not any different than Wells Fargo with the sales expectations. The bankers do it all (run the teller line mainly) however they have the goals of a banker.
Pros
holidays, 401k
Cons
no overtime
Challenging and Rewarding Workplace
Consumer Accounting Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, RIMay 19, 2018
I have been enjoying my time at Citizen's since my first day. This position has enabled me to greatly expand my accounting skills as well as break into the banking industry.My supervisor consistently encourages me to continue my career growth. The Citizens environment and expectation is excellence.
banker
Banker II (Former Employee) –  Southampton, PAMay 19, 2018
customer service trying to hit your quarter goals. I learned about banking. A lot of turn over with Management that was one of the hardest parts. People I worked with made work enjoyable
Pros
learned alot
Cons
alot of weekends
great loved working with different people great face paced invorment
Teller Manager II (Former Employee) –  king of purissa PAMay 19, 2018
It's a great place to work different cultures, face paced ,learning different things ,challenges ,being part of a team, team building , special events ,metting different pepole ,helping the community,
Pros
learning different things, helping pepole
Cons
short breaks short staff at times
Stressful
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Hamlin, NYMay 19, 2018
This is an extremely sales driven job very cut throat. The management likes to micromanage and the expectation of the employees is far to high. The company puts so much stress on lower level employees and the reward is almost made for you to fail.
Assitant Branch Manager
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 18, 2018
I was a salary employee, I was working 7 days a week open until close. No overtime, it was a very bad experience. Overall no one cared. There was no support
They live for tracking and reports
Colleague (Current Employee) –  NHMay 17, 2018
First, this company’s systems are so antiquated, you feel like you’re operating out of the 90s. There are at least 6 programs that you use daily, that barely talk to each other. One of them still runs on DOS.

Second, you spend the majority of your day tracking what you do for the day. Tracking tracking tracking.

Third, cold calling. They tell you it’s not, but it is.

Fourth, this is a sales job, and all they care about are numbers.

Fifth, they have all the right tools for HR - but it doesn’t work they way they say it will. I work with a completely unprofessional, immature, self obsorbed person who blows up on any given day— it’s been documented- she still works here. When I called to discuss? Not much they can do. He said she said — because the branches are too short staffed to have more than the bare minimum (2) people working.

Six, trust me. It’s not worth the headache.
Pros
Revenue incentive bonuses.
Cons
Always short staffed, sales and numbers oriented, no direct customer connection
Management is a bully, employees just chat all they
Sr Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Riverside, RIMay 16, 2018
Worked at Citizens for years, at this day of my life still don't understand how could i give then my best years of work and capacity, this place is full of non sense people mostly women with not much future or options in their lives which turn the work place into a gossiping asylum i regret every moment have work for this company.
Pros
Plenty of talking
it was good job
Mail Clerk II (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 16, 2018
working at the bank it was friendly and professional. very nice place to work in.the job was easy. friendly management.sorting mail some time boring and not challenging.
Pros
enjoyed working with co-worker
Cons
the distance I had to travel
Typical work environment.
Retirement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Medford, MAMay 15, 2018
Vary stressful environment because of management. Nothing good to share. Colleagues are very friendly but management team is not friendly. Very high expectation.
Fun but stressful with no management anywhere in sight
Branch (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 15, 2018
Worked at a variety of roles in this company in a branch and out of the branch. The people there are very nice, solid company culture of employees, and I made many friends throughout the years. The perks of the job are definitely the paid time off and I never had a problem with salary. There are fairly nice incentives at the branch level for meeting and exceeding sales goals. Now for the bad: there is no management at multiple levels of this company. At the branch level, it totally depends on who your manager is. Some take accountability, recognizing at times short staffing levels and never ending goals that can be stressful depending on the traffic. However, there are many who come in late, leave early on Fridays to start their weekend early, and ask you to bail them out if upper management comes calling. Even the branch support line is not staffed appropriately with managers, there are many times when the support staff has no managers because "they are in meetings". My advice, if you are good at winging it or learning completely on the fly you won't mind it, but it all comes down to your support staff and management.
Pros
paid time off, good benefits
Cons
horrible management by some within company, not enough training, goals can be tough to attain consistently
Good Culture
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Goffstown, NHMay 14, 2018
Great communication across management and various departments. Goals are clearly defined and you are empowered to manage branches as if they are your own business.
Productive Workplace
Senior Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 14, 2018
Citizens Bank supplied a productive workplace with cooperative friendly co-workers in a safe yet competitive environment. Citizens Bank made me a better salesperson and compelled me to excel in my workload and create positive solid business relationships with the community.
would not work at Citizens again in he future
Senior Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTMay 14, 2018
Management very rude and not supportive only advancement with friends at work. opened new acconts and credit cards and loans opening and closing procedures customer serice was the best pasrt of my day and job would no recommend Citizens bank under current management of staff
Pros
Cons
not a good experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

53out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Citizens Bank.