Citizens Bank Employee Reviews

Found 2,229 reviews matching the search See all 2,250 reviews
good
Desktop Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cranston, RIJanuary 16, 2019
Citizens bank gives scope to new ideas, encourage new ideas. Employees can learn alot from different projects. It is great learning experience. Good team and working conditions.
Productive fun workplace
Home Equity Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 14, 2019
Productive fun workplaceI I was contract working for a term of 6 months While I was there I found it to be a very good work environment I hated that my time was coming to an end once my term was up I hated having to leave I would recommend this to future employees And if a long-term position opened up I would be more than happy to go back
Overall a good place to work
HM Processor III (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 10, 2019
Flexible hours
Training needs work
Management was good
Culture was all over the place.
Lack of consistency with the different sites
Relationship processing.
Most People Hate Working at Citizens
Banker (Current Employee) –  Braintree, MAJanuary 10, 2019
Why do most people hate working at Citizens? Why do most employees leave so rapidly? Why is the turnover so rapid?
Is it b/c they keep on lowering our pay? Is it b/c of one of the many other reasons?
Cons
Keep decreasing our pay and raising our goals
Professional environment
Banker I (Former Employee) –  Framingham, MA 01701January 9, 2019
It was a nice professional environment just it was hard to come up with sales and it was really stressful because we would get pressured from upper management
Career Opportunities
Special Loans Operations Analyst II, Officer (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJanuary 9, 2019
I was became employed with Citizens in June 2017 and since my employment I learned the servicing side of the company, the control/business line side of the company and will get know the default side of the company in the Quality Assurance arena. I love what I do and hope to continue to grow with the company.
Customer service management is a joke
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  White Oak, TXJanuary 9, 2019
If you are a CSR, you will regret it. The pay is 12.00. The training is terrible. They will keep you as low pay as long possible. They do not care about your personal life. Management is a joke. Co workers are a joke. They constantly tell on everyone and get others in trouble. This is a pathetic company and after this weekend they are rebranding the entire bank and are going to make almost all customers made. They hire ONLY temps so they do not have to pay you well and they do not pay you for Holidays.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
No benefits. No paid holidays.
Semi stressful job
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJanuary 8, 2019
Great company to start of with banking as a teller. they were very helpful and positions arose for advancement. Managers and co-workers were very nice. Can be stressful if you did not hit your sales goals.
fun, eduactional work place
Assistant Branch Manager II (Current Employee) –  North Smithfield, RIJanuary 7, 2019
Productive fun work experience, educational informative and compensating. I enjoy working along side a wonderful team of people who really care for their employees.
Overall good place to work
Licensed Banker (Former Employee) –  Milford, NHJanuary 7, 2019
Overall good place to work. The company seems to hire most executive jobs from outside the company. Not a lot of room to move up from within. Competitive salary and benefits.
Little advancement opportunity
Banker (Current Employee) –  Quincy, MAJanuary 6, 2019
Little advancement opportunity. Constantly laying people off and forces employees to use hard sell tactics. Almost every employee wants to leave. The turnover rate is rapid, rapid
Pleasant work environment, great coworkers
Loan Clerk (Current Employee) –  Byhalia, MSJanuary 6, 2019
Citizens Bank is a great place to work. The managers are all very intelligent and experienced. The work load is not too much to handle, but enough to keep you busy and focused.
Sales are a must
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 5, 2019
Citizens was my first real career. Sadly I had to leave due to divorce and relocation but I will always miss working for them. I made great money there with the pay and incentives included
great place to work during college
Loan Processor & Commercial Teller (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OkJanuary 4, 2019
Citizens Bank was a great introduction to banking for a college student to work part time. Stable environment with terrific managers. The Edmond community was enjoyable to serve
Personal Banker
Personal Banker/CSR (Former Employee) –  Bogalusa, LAJanuary 3, 2019
This was an average personal banker job with less training offered. This was over a decade ago and a lot has changed since then. We performed normal loan processes, bank inquiries, and any other bank work. The manager wasn't the best at training and once I learned the ropes, I was given the orders to help new hires with training yet did not receive additional pay or titles. In the end, they outsourced most of our duties to a call center. They started firing everyone before the layoff was complete.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
training and management
Everything I learned it was at citizens, I got passion for banking because of citizens bank
Teller Manager (Former Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJanuary 3, 2019
Citizens bank is one of the more important companies I ever work, I learned, I got educated by amazing people that have a lot experience, and they tough me well, they always teach me so I can grown. I will love to be part of the team again as many time as I have to.
Great teamwork
Sr. Mortgage Processor III (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJanuary 3, 2019
Very stressful position, fast paced, multi-tasking, and organizational skills a month. Great team to work with. Managers were very accessible, Sr Processors helped guide and mentor others.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
Can be stressful
Great Place
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 3, 2019
Typical day at work is opening the bank and work for 8 hours. Management and the people are great. Interesting work, enjoyed the people and the culture. Great place to work to build your career.
Retail Side
In-Store Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Coventry, RIJanuary 2, 2019
Citizens Bank is a very tough place to work. Anytime something is going well they will find a way to change it so that the bank benefits from it. The incentive payouts aren't really that good for what they ask you to do. It is a constant pressure to sell even if you are at a branch that is slow volume wise. Upper management never really seemed to care no matter what I accomplished, they always wanted more more and more. If you don't before how they expect you to, Sales shark like, then good luck advancing. I can only speak for the retail side, or in branch side, but all in all would not recommend.
Benefits
Cons
Hours, Upper Management, Career Opportunity, Sales Pressure
Productive Workplace With Qualified Staff
Business Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RIJanuary 2, 2019
. Team Player
. Frequent Growth
. Great Product Knowledge
. Resourceful
. Achieved Goals
. Great Work Environment
. Loved improving the quality of life for customers
Pros
Health Care
Cons
Worked Weekends

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citizens Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight