Citizens Community Bank Employee Reviews

Stressed not fun
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Freeburg, ILApril 1, 2019
Too strict, everyone ends up quitting because the managers and higher up people are mean. Hours are terrible, dread coming here. Don’t recommend honestly
Cons
short breaks, strict
Citizens
Commercial Loan Assistant (Current Employee) –  IdahoMarch 1, 2019
Citizens Community Bank is such an amazing institution. Upper Management is kind, caring, and will recognize strength and growth as they are demonstrated. The people I work with really took me under their wing and taught me how things were done for my own personal growth and benefit rather than simply to accomplish a task. The culture of this bank is my favorite part though. I come to work and my coworkers treat me like family. I have never felt so at home with a job before. I would highly recommend anyone looking for a great job with great people to work at Citizens. Those looking for quick advancement will be disappointed, however that is a banking industry problem not specific to Citizens.
Pros
Culture, Learning Opportunities
Typical work day
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MO 65233February 5, 2019
As a teller you show up before the bank opens, at least 15 mins, try to get through most of the night drop (which can be overwhelming at times) before the drive through opens and normally there are people waiting in line at 7am. Management would hardly ever open up with tellers. management at the time that I worked there lacked communication.
personal growth and advancement wasn't possible unless someone was quitting or had died.
enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the community.
Great Place to work
Loan Processor Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Hill, VAFebruary 28, 2018
I have learned alot about real estate transactions and lending in general. We have great management that has your back and will help whenever needed. We have a great processing and serving team that works well together.
Wanted: Good little worker drones only
Operations (Former Employee) –  Hahira, GAMarch 30, 2017
I was talked into accepting a lower wage due to the responsibilities that were to be expected of me. I agreed reluctantly, but a few days after I was hired, they began to ask me to take on more and more of those responsibilities. I tried to tell them that if they were going to continue to expect this kind of work from me, we would need to renegotiate my salary, as I stated before I was hired. I was ignored, and made out to be insubordinate.
Cons
Bad location, decisoins are made based on tenure rather than merit
Good job, but no room for advancement
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Berwyn, ILMarch 23, 2017
Working for CCB was great, until they got bought out by another bank. Many things changed after then including management. There were no longer room for advancement and new management paid no attention to their employees needs.
Fast paced and knowledgeable
Teller (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJanuary 18, 2017
Great place to work. Co-workers are willing to help and managers are knowledgeable. Friendly customers. Very fast paced bank with a large customer base.
Pros
Coin Counter
Cons
Fun workplace with fun coworkers
Teller (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDOctober 6, 2015
CCB is a great monday through Friday job with great benefits. The employees there are outstanding and make it a great place to bank and work.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
expensive healthcare
To many chiefs - not enough indians
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Mascoutah, ILFebruary 5, 2015
Provide administrative support to nine loan officers by completing various tasks. Process and distribute reports, notices, and mail. Document information & produced reports containing past due payments, new loans, and loan maintenance. Perform filing and retention of loan files, maintenance requests, and various loan reports.Produce consumer, real estate including mortgages (FNMA, in house, and pre disclosures) and commercial loan documents with various collateral in an accurate and timely manner. Responsible for entering and updating loan account information & auto dealer floor plans. Track, perfect, and release various collateral held for loans.
They went through 3 loan processors in less than 2 and 1/2 years. Major training issues. No one in loan dept. wants to train new hires. They even brought people back from retirement to try & train new hires.Then management becomes upset when can not perform or ask questions. Several employees commented get the feeling management & compliance personnel goal is for you to fail. They will find mistakes & criticize before have a chance to correct or follow up. Culture is person that made mistake will not take blame and admit mistake -so take someone down with you and throw someone under the bus. New hires reprimanded need to admit mistakes & take criticism. (Part of them throwing someone else under bus). Depends who you are what you can get away with. A lot of family & friends, so nepotism exists.
Pros
Decent pay. Pays for employee medical coverage.
Cons
No breaks, small town politics & gossip, substandard technology & facilty
teller, bank setting
on call teller (Former Employee) –  Pocatello, IDJanuary 8, 2015
I didn't work here long. so there isn't much to say. the work environment was good and pleasant. the people were nice and patient also.
Pros
good atmosphere, nice people.
Cons
only temporary
Wonderful position where I learned a lot about the banking world and got to hone my People Skills.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Boonville, MOJuly 10, 2014
Typical day at work would include taking customers' transactions and processing them in a timely manner, while retaining a smile and genuinely speaking to the customer. I learned a lot about banking and how things go about in the business industry as a whole. Management was wonderful and they provided hands-on training for me so that I may use my abilities as best as I could. Co-workers were great and were constantly helpful in more ways than one. Hardest part of my job was keeping composure during some "angry customer" conflicts. Most enjoyable part was definitely working with the people.
Pros
Hour long lunch break
Cons
Wished I could've worked more hours
Hostile work enviroment
Teller (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDDecember 26, 2013
Citizens Community Bank goes through so many employees because of the environment you work in. It is a very judgmental place to work; if you do not play golf and use essential oils that they sell, you are a nobody to them. They change your schedule day by day. The teller manager has made the bank, which I used to love, a very hostile environment. They do not care if you have a life outside of work, as long as you stay busy at work, and do your job ALONG WITH THEIR JOB. You will fit in just fine.
Offers community banking
BANK DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Pilot Grove, MOFebruary 2, 2013
Was just a director so did not experience the day to day environment
work life balance is great
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Winchester,TNFebruary 15, 2012
work and life balance is great along with job stability,however there is no room for advancement.Benfits are fair and job hours are wonderful.
Pros
good strong job stability
Cons
no advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citizens Community Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Citizens Community Bank Reviews by Location