Citizens Disability Employee Reviews

Kinda shady
Self-Employed Sub-Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 24, 2019
After working for these people, I found that their operation was actually illegal in some states. One client said that their organization poached in violation of most states standards of professional conduct.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Ethical issues
Don’t get pulled in
Associate (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 20, 2019
This is a place that heavily recruits young lawyers looking for experience then chews them up and spits them out the other end. The production demands are ridiculous and they take on way more clients than they can handle. You are not a lawyer when you’re an associate here, you’re an underpaid paralegal. The benefits are terrible and so is the pay.
Pros
Free lunch and coffee
Cons
Benefits, pay, hours
Beware: Trap for new grads looking for a job
Attorney (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 25, 2019
Beware new attorneys, the pay is well below market, the expectations are high, payoffs are low, bonuses are essentially non-existent, and the core management of the business cares little for employees future prospects with the organization. If its the only gig you've got after law school consider moving to another state.
Entry-level attorney position
Associate Attorney (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 1, 2018
You show up and are just a cog in the machine. You wrote your memos, reviewed cases, spent too much time doing administrative work, and otherwise working inordinately long hours.
Do not work here!
Legal (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJune 14, 2018
DO NOT WORK HERE! I worked at citizens for a little over a year before leaving for a different position. In my year there I saw at least 2 major layoffs with more then 10 people loosing their jobs just to be replaced by individuals over seas and less qualified people. Management is awful and in most cases unapproachable.
Stresful
Documents Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 23, 2018
i don't recommend this company to people that i hold dear. it is very stressful to work in an environment where your supervisors are on top of you all the time.
Tense workplace with high turnover
Attorney (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 16, 2018
If your coworkers aren't fired, they'll quit soon enough. They underpay you while you're there but expect you to work around the clock doing essentially busywork. The attorneys are treated like customer service reps and paid like them, too. After a quick promotion (the person I replaced left because bonuses promised were months overdue) I was sent traveling, which is a lot less glamorous when the travel plans are 50% waiting in airports or rushing from one terminal to another and 50% waiting for clients who don't show up. The quality of work you receive from your overworked coworkers is spotty, and you'll be blamed for their failures (don't worry, so will they!). I knew it was going to be dodgy from the get-go: When I asked about work/life balance in the interview they just sort of shrugged and went "well, you know we expect you to work hard obviously." For the couple years I worked there, I wasn't even sure who my supervisor was.
Pros
At the main office there was a coke freestyle machine
Cons
Bad management, overwork, underpaid positions
Good
Analyst Operation (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 13, 2017
it was a day to doy basis job, there was no requirement as long as you do an accurate and detail job it was all good. For the position i was in, all we do is review documents to be used by other department in the company
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break (30mn)
Don't work here
Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 8, 2017
Working at Citizens Disability was painful. There was no room to advance, the workplace culture was unkind and miserable. Management picked favorites constantly and when you had questions they would easily and noticeably get annoyed to answer. Management was very unprofessional, including yelling and swearing throughout the office. Lack of communication throughout the entire company. No room for growth. Not many perks to working at the company. There were very few enjoyable parts of the job other than having the parking garage in the winter.
Pros
Good amount of time off for Holidays
Cons
Short breaks, Unpleasant workplace, Lack of communication, Unprofessional
A good starting point
Legal (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MASeptember 6, 2017
Citizens allowed me to simultaneously see what life is like at a startup and a smaller legal company. I gained my first hands-on experience following college here, and for that I am thankful. At the time of my employment, there seemed to be a great sense of building from within, however I am uncertain if that is still the case as the company seems to have grown significantly over the past several years.
Fun Experiecne
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 17, 2017
Citizens Disability had great staff and close leadership. It was very team oriented and had a lot of social events for the staff. The social events would help us relax a lot.
Great advocacy opportunity
Contract Attorney (Current Employee) –  Elkhart, INJuly 19, 2017
Great opportunity to sharpen advocacy skills. Although the hearings are informal, still gives lawyers the opportunity to enhance skills needed to be an attorney.
Great company that fell hard
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMay 1, 2017
The company used to be a great place but they have ruined it by outsourcing alot of jobs, cutting pay, and not giving employees a chance to move up the company ladder. After a while, you basically loose all hope with this job and most employees spend their days looking for other jobs or surfing the web.
Pros
Free Drinks, Benefits
Cons
Low pay, no chance to move up, constant turnover
Productive place
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAApril 26, 2017
Good place to work. Fun summer festivities. Hardest part of the job dealing with management. Repetitive work. free lunch was a plus. cafeteria also has great food
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long drive
Good place to work, but clients are difficult
Intake Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 26, 2017
Overall Citizen's Disability is has good work atmosphere and the employees are fun to be around. The most strenuous part of work is interacting with clients, but when you feel like you made a difference it's all worth it.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Benefits package is small
Demeaning place to work
Legal Associate (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 1, 2017
You are just a number here. The other associates are good people and nice to work with. But you're most likely to associate with them purely in commiseration. The upper management do not care about you and there is no room for growth. Your starting salary is laughable and only comes with the most incremental growth if you're on top of asking for a raise--at minimum 2-3 times a year to maybe get one 14 months later.
Pros
Nice Coworkers
Cons
everything else
Great Place
Associate (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 19, 2017
This is a great place to work at. The hours may be long, however the people there are terrific, the management stands behind you, and there's lots of room for growth and learning.
Pros
free lunch, dog friendly
Cons
A good opportunity for a recent law school graduate
Contract Attorney (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 9, 2017
If you have an opportunity to work for Citizen's Disability as a Contract Attorney I would encourage you to take advantage of it, especially if you are a newly licensed attorney. It is a good opportunity to get some "Court room" experience and learn about a large and lucrative specialty. The main office does a good job of preparing you for the hearing, and you get to execute on the more interesting part of the process, establishing the claimant's case, and cross examining vocational and medical experts. You get to choose which hearings you can do. Overall it has been a rewarding experience.
Not great management
Client Service/Work Activity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 9, 2016
I believe the manager to have been sexist. We were talked down to and our opinions didn't matter. They did have fun happy hours on Fridays
You had to get 65 calls a day, couldn't talk to your co workers, felt like a factory
Pros
happy hour, free lunch
Cons
can't talk to anyone, have to ask to use bathroom, quota of calls
They were okay.
Intake Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 9, 2016
They ended up laying off my entire department during downsizing. Previously I was working almost entirely on the phone, which was fine. The clients were great, but our prequalifying teams were dangerously incompetent.
Pros
Free Lunch, Short Fridays
Cons
Absent Management, Dismissed Staff Concerns

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citizens Disability. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Citizens Disability Reviews by Location