Citizens Disability

Citizens Disability Employee Reviews

United States50 reviews
wouldnt work there again, management wasnt the best, rude and disrespectful. the workplace joked around a lot. could use some overall adjustments. enjoy
No idea how I lasted a year here, most people don't. Pay was bad, management is overbearing, culture of talking badly about clients, outsourced most jobs to Philippines.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Everything else. Management is a boys club. Owner is actively a terrible person
Citizen's Disability has been an awesome working experience. The management team was always more than willing to help me succeed in anyway possible. Also, everyone was extremely flexible and accommodating toward my schedule! Great place to work!
Not great. its not a great place to work and management is very inappropriate. I Wasn't there long an many people were fired and wrongly fired. I really font have much more to say about this company.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Very friendly environment, everyone is so welcoming from minute you walk through the door. Awesome benefit package. Management truly cares about staff’s feedback & input to strategize and make the company better overall. Team oriented, great laid back culture, fun activities.
Citizens Disability is a friendly, fun and adaptable place to work. The management team is open and willing to listen to staff ideas and suggestions to better the company as a whole. The culture is very laid back, everyone acts like a family even Senior Management. There are amazing benefits to working for this company including free lunch, dogs in the office, great health insurance, etc. A lot of room for growth for employees -- most employees have been here long term!
Citizens fails to timely pay their per diem attorneys fairly and timely. A lot of cases have inadequate medical records forcing adjournments whereby the attorney is not compensated for their time. Plus, they unequally pay female attorneys compared to male counterparts.
Great place to learn new skills and grow into leadership positions.
Good benefits.

Nice office space.

Great people to work with.

Nice atmosphere.

Great coffee machine.
Citizens employs people on all different levels... from attorneys to mail room workers. I can only speak of my time working as a Medical Records Analyst.

The team was divided, and you could get by as long as you fit in with one of the two "assistant managers", but god help you if the main manager doesn't like you.

Not much training... you "shadow" someone for a day then you are given more and more tasks to do, without really understanding why you are doing what you are doing.

This is a job for someone who will just take orders and complete tasks, without thinking about ways to improve the status quo. All critiques should be kept to yourself, as the head manager doesn't like being told she is wrong.
The upside is there is room for advancement if you manage to stick around for long enough because of the turnover. Everything is toxic, it ruined a relationship and my health.
Pros
As a telemarketer, I am seated with my system for 9 hours indoors making scripted calls,

I have learnt a whole lot from my job, because its an international job, the experience is different from my other jobs. And appreciate every moment I work because each day is a whole new experience.

The management is great, but they should do better with the salary and give value to their staff. if the American HR manages this branch here, employees will give in their best without being pushed around for it.

The work culture is great, there is a lot of discipline and general respect among staff and management. But company's polices are just too rigid. The deductions and companies DO NOT are very discouraging

The hardest part of the job is when claimant get to abuse you on the job, it demoralize someone or when a colleague has been sacked due to poor performance work,the mood changes.

The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting my targets.
It was nice to be able to just put in my headphones and do my job. The manager was great. I liked that they provided a catered lunch everyday. I was part of a good team. Employees were allowed to bring their dogs into work
Pros
free lunches, the ability to work on your own
Cons
occasional intense micromanaging
After working for these people, I found that their operation was actually illegal in some states. One client said that their organization poached in violation of most states standards of professional conduct.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Ethical issues
This is a place that heavily recruits young lawyers looking for experience then chews them up and spits them out the other end. The production demands are ridiculous and they take on way more clients than they can handle. You are not a lawyer when you’re an associate here, you’re an underpaid paralegal. The benefits are terrible and so is the pay.
Pros
Free lunch and coffee
Cons
Benefits, pay, hours
Beware new attorneys, the pay is well below market, the expectations are high, payoffs are low, bonuses are essentially non-existent, and the core management of the business cares little for employees future prospects with the organization. If its the only gig you've got after law school consider moving to another state.
You show up and are just a cog in the machine. You wrote your memos, reviewed cases, spent too much time doing administrative work, and otherwise working inordinately long hours.
DO NOT WORK HERE! I worked at citizens for a little over a year before leaving for a different position. In my year there I saw at least 2 major layoffs with more then 10 people loosing their jobs just to be replaced by individuals over seas and less qualified people. Management is awful and in most cases unapproachable.
Citizens Disability had not found its best business methods to reach their goal, leaving managers with conflicting goals and attorneys underpaid (though not terribly so).
i don't recommend this company to people that i hold dear. it is very stressful to work in an environment where your supervisors are on top of you all the time.
If your coworkers aren't fired, they'll quit soon enough. They underpay you while you're there but expect you to work around the clock doing essentially busywork. The attorneys are treated like customer service reps and paid like them, too. After a quick promotion (the person I replaced left because bonuses promised were months overdue) I was sent traveling, which is a lot less glamorous when the travel plans are 50% waiting in airports or rushing from one terminal to another and 50% waiting for clients who don't show up. The quality of work you receive from your overworked coworkers is spotty, and you'll be blamed for their failures (don't worry, so will they!). I knew it was going to be dodgy from the get-go: When I asked about work/life balance in the interview they just sort of shrugged and went "well, you know we expect you to work hard obviously." For the couple years I worked there, I wasn't even sure who my supervisor was.
Pros
At the main office there was a coke freestyle machine
Cons
Bad management, overwork, underpaid positions
it was a day to doy basis job, there was no requirement as long as you do an accurate and detail job it was all good. For the position i was in, all we do is review documents to be used by other department in the company
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short break (30mn)