CITIZENS ENERGY GROUP Employee Reviews

Collaboration
Business Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 6, 2018
I service the Spanish speaking community through customer service. It is a rewarding to make differences in people's lives daily. I have grown as a professional and leader as a result of this company. My current manager has been one of the most supportive people I'ver ever met. She has encouraged me to continue education and pursue my goals, even when it has no connection to her department or benefit.
Pros
The team and my manager
Cons
Angry Customers
gas side was great, water side was not
Utility Service Specialist, water line maintenance (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 6, 2018
excellent employer, enjoyed my job. managers were helpful and friendly on the gas side. water side employees and managers had a very different mindset and didnt care to help new employees.
Job expectations
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46202August 8, 2018
Able to work unsupervised. Able to make a decision as long as you can support your decision to resolve customer needs. Great work environment. Able to flex.
Fun when they played games and fed us
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 2, 2018
Nothing to add since I don’t work there anymore.
They are looking for young individuals who can work part time around the business hours . Full time tenure individuals are becoming extinct in that company
Pros
Friends
Cons
Pay
Good Conpany to work for.
Electrro Mechaic (Current Employee) –  Belmaont WWTP IndianapolisJuly 9, 2018
I work as an electro mechanic at Belmont wwtp.
Its union and a very good job.
Dealing with some of the union attitude can be irritating.
Over all I really enjoy my job. Its challenging and rewarding.
Pros
Good benefits and pay
Cons
Some aspects of Union.
Good balance
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 13, 2018
The job is a very good balance between work and home life. It does provide the job security, It definitely helps if there is a second income considering the position starts off part-time with no benefits
The political presence at CEG is unfortunate.
Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 7, 2018
I learned almost everything I know regarding Human Resources at CEG. I was aloud to express interest in all facets of HR and they would give me tools and ongoing education to develop into the manager I am today.

I am extremely thankful for my years at CEG.
Good Money, Micro managed
Rental Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 2, 2018
Call center does not work for working moms. After 17 years of employment, Management changed my hours and the hours I was given didnt work well for me as a mom
Pros
Pto, Income
Cons
Micro Managed, rules for customer service were not the same as other depts
very productive workplace, everyone is friendly, I just need benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 13, 2018
I am only seeking other employment, cause I need full time with benefits. I am part -time currently and have not been able to move to another department that has full time hours.
I am a former employee from the CEG Belmont Wastewater treatment plant.
Class 2 Wastewater operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 7, 2018
I was An operator for the Wastewater treatment plant for nine years. I honestly have to say that this was the first job that I actually looked forward to going to each and every day. My coworkers were very understanding, and more than willing to help with new employees learn there obligations. I honestly can say that I genuinely miss working for this company and mad some genuinely loyal friends. This particular job is a family oriented environment with a vast knowledge of the day in and out procedures to mantain a healthy environment not only for the public but the wildlife that drinks from the processed discharged water. I recommend this job to any motivated citizens that is looking for not only a prosperous future that includes an amazing retirement program! This company is top notch and will be held deer to my heart. The supervisors are more than willing to help you understand your daily function and not afraid to jump right in to lend a hand. I recommend this employer to anyone looking for an amazing , and rewarding future.
Pros
Amazing family oriented staff, retirement, and amazing money.
Cons
Weekend shifts mandatory for new employees
It was similar to high school. A terrible work environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 7, 2018
Started out great and I was so excited to work there, then it went downhill. Terrible management, treats their employees like trash.
They are a crooked company, and I decided to leave the company due to it conflicted with my morals of fair treatment.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Company policies, mangement, petty work culture
Productive and fun workplace
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 25, 2017
Productive and fun friendly environment nothing was too hard I like communicating and learning about others. It was also fun learning about new people and the jobs they had to complete
Pros
lunch
Cons
paid breaks
Operations Management
Wastewater Field Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 17, 2017
Demonstrated experience in Quality Assurance/Quality Control, Inventory Management, Scheduling, Supervising, and Training. Detail-oriented, highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines. Adapt quickly to challenges and changing environments.
Pros
Long work days
Cons
Short work days
Productive and fun fast paced environment
Customer Service Representing (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis Indiana iJune 23, 2017
Great company to work for. Although the management was not very friendly to its employee I enjoy working there made rally good friends and the pay was great
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
To many rules
High-Paced and Intense
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 22, 2017
Fantastic Company to work for centrally located and the pay was pretty good, as well as the benefits. The morale and work environment needs improving.
Pros
location
Cons
short breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 15, 2017
Great place, Geat People! I ENJOYED my time with CIG! if I had the opportunity to go back I would! Fast paced call center so you had to be sure to keep up!
well established company to work for
Customer Service Associate/Case Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, IN 46202February 11, 2016
fast pace, energetic, motivation, 25 years with company, satisfaction with helping customers', rewarding experience. Great team of co-workers as well as the management team.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
long working hours
A good city job
Auxiliary Operator (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 27, 2015
Started off as a part time employee and wanted a full time position that didn't require me being a union member at the time, but most positions offered are union jobs
nice
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 3, 2015
nice place to work..room for growth..culture a bit territorial..not a hard job..can get manotnous but if your willing to work one can move up in the company!
Pros
perks
Cons
culture
New P&Ps and PMO that is growing in maturity
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 21, 2014
The company culture by nature is very similar to the culture of City Governments.
Pros
Happy faces
Cons
Nothing to mention

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CITIZENS ENERGY GROUP. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.9InHerSight Score

4.4Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight