Citrin Cooperman Employee Reviews

Great stepping stone
staff (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 28, 2018
Great workplace culture. Relaxed atmosphere. No much room to advance in certain positions. Pay increases and promotions only offered once per year. Collaborative team
I was hired for Tax Season
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJuly 23, 2018
I was hired for Tax Season. I was supposed to work from the end of January until April 18th. I was there to do scanning of tax documents, relief reception and ad hoc jobs. I did so well that they kept me on until the end of August when I left as my Dad had fallen, and my Mom needed my help. Even though I was only there as a temp, I was included in everything the office did. I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Tuesday morning breakfasts during tax season, free soft drinks
Cons
I was not included for paid days off
Great place to work for (Norwalk, CT)
STAFF ACCOUNTANT/BOOKKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTApril 28, 2018
This is a great plaace to work for and they believe in work/life balance. Do your work so your not left behind. Management talks to you like a real person and they want you to succeed. The clients are very knowledgeable so don't think your going to get over on them. Please go in ready to learn cause the group moves very quickly and the work challenges you to put your best foot forward.
Pros
Location, Work / life balance
Cons
Too many senior managers
Choose another firm
Audit Associate (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 27, 2017
Lack of direction from the top. The firm has plenty of written policies to ensure that associates and seniors can advance their career - BUT they are typically not implemented.
Pros
Pay was adequate
Cons
Some team members do not support your growth and the firm does not value their employees, Most employees leave within the first year
ok place to work, not my ideal job
Supervisor of Accounting & Auditing (Former Employee) –  Springfield, NJOctober 16, 2017
Never really clicked with the people I worked with. Typical public accounting firm. Saturdays required and some Sundays. Regional travel. Did not feel like partners were invested in staff.
Pros
good summer hours
Cons
long busy season hours, work environment
Productive, quiet work place
Tax Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2017
A typical day at Citrin Cooperman. Get to work as soon as your day starts, work effectively and no slacking. My position was no room for advancement. and the management was straight to the point. Family oriented workplace the hardest part was tax season very busy and many different personalities.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
health care
Great Company to Work For
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Livingston, NJJuly 11, 2017
Although my time at Citrin was limited to tax season, I left with only positive things to say about the company. The corporate culture really caters to internal and external growth, and the staff are amazing.
great place to work
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 29, 2017
great place to work and learn. partners are very friendly and open to to questions. laid back environment. variety of employees. learned principles of accounting, tax returns, audit testing and admin roles.
Pros
lunch and snacks provided, flexible schedules
Good place for a career
Senior Audit Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 24, 2017
Exposure to high levels of management from the start. Most people are willing to help you learn and move up in your career. The firm has gotten exponentially larger over the past couple of years and in some areas have not been able to catch up.
overloaded with work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  livingston, njMarch 3, 2017
awful experience from day 1
no support
no guidance
insane hours
There was nothing enjoyable about working here.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
awful hours
Has a few perks
Executive Administrative Assistant/Lead Admin (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 31, 2017
The company has grown over the years but it still managed as if it was a 20 people firm. A lot of politics that keep your from advance regardless of the years you have and how much work is assigned to you.
Pros
Jeans every friday and sometimes with a fee.
Cons
no advancement allowed by management; Poorly managed
Nice place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 19, 2016
As far as public accounting firms, its fine. Long hours most of the year. I love the people I work with, but it may be time for a change.
facilities
Administrative support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2015
Management was not helpful much at all for anything. Making day to day work much harder than it needed to be. Tax seasons were a nightmare.
A mid-sized CPA firm that cares about the clients and the employees
Semi-Senior Auditor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 20, 2015
Summer hours (June-August) allows to work 7.5 hours and casual Fridays
Busy season (January-April) requires to work minimum 40 hrs/week and additional 6 hrs on Saturdays
I have gained audit knowledge from various industries such as franchise, service, trading and real estate
I have also had chances to do tax compliance work during busy season
Report to multiple managers and work on various projects that have strict deadlines
The co-workers are helpful, caring and friendly
The most enjoyable part of the job is to provide useful information to clients that help them to make critical decisions
During busy season the firm provides additional benefits such as dinner, treats and massage etc...
Good place to work.
Tax Document Collator (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYMay 8, 2015
The work is hard but the partners are pleasant and respectful. Plenty of perks, primarily free food. High employee morale.
Enthusiastic, hard working company
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYFebruary 7, 2015
During my time at Citrin Cooperman, I learned so much about audits and tax preparations. I worked 8 hours a day 4 days a week. Everyone at this company was very eager to help me understand the inner workings of the profession. I worked under the guidance of junior auditors as well as several partners. The hardest part of the job was piece together what I have learned in my accounting program and connect it to the work I was assigned. However after a few weeks, I could relate any work I received to principles I had previously studied. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people who worked there. They were beyond friendly and helpful, and I am so thankful for the time I spent interning there.
Pros
Experience, company social events
Cons
Slower work during the summer
Very professional work environment
Director (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 4, 2013
Excellent work environment - very professional in approach.