Citrus College Employee Reviews

Professional and fun environemnt
Esthetician Student (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CASeptember 7, 2018
everyday a new experience, staff very cooperative and caring for our clientele. Our number 1 priority was to offer great service and experience. As an esthetician our goal is to learn the best and treat our clients with respect for them to trust our work with their skin.
Pros
very busy
Cons
always fully booked
convenient for working at school
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAAugust 24, 2018
I enjoyed the environment and workplace at Hayden Memorial Library! The librarians and staff were super friendly and very helpful. I felt that I had a genuine connection with each co-worker. It's perfect for a first time job as well, because the staff was understanding and patient with each student worker. It was easy and interactive with students. It's a nice relaxing job that helped me stay motivated seeing other students studying. I got to learn how to work with the computer system and grew value for the care of books. Of course we can't hold long conversations in the library and on the job, so that was hard for me. I love interaction in business, so the Library wasn't my taste in labor. I am one to conversate, so I got a position as a barista .
Pros
healthy work environment
Cons
can't study during shift, long hours of re-shelving books, can't talk
Becoming a Citrus College Alumni.
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJuly 6, 2018
As a Citrus college Alumni I have now started my journey as a well rounded student of this wonderful city. Glendora is full of many real estate opportunities and has beautiful landscaping. I wish to acquire more job skills through the campus job data base. I am interested in the clerical assistant position in the Human Resource Department.
Pros
Fee lunches/Yoga
Cons
Travel time/Commuting
College level coaching was fun and rewarding.
Assistant Baseball Coach (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJuly 6, 2018
Truly enjoyed my coaching experience at Citrus. The young men I coached were very receptive and respectful. I would always arrive early and give extra work to those who asked or where there early as well.

I learned that all young men need to be approached in a manner of respect to receive respect in return.

I guess the hardest part of the job was dealing with the obstacles of recruiting.
Stale work environment
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJune 27, 2018
Great institution of learning however the work environment is bias towards a certain group of people. It seems that upper management has hard time communicating with its employees
Flexible hours
Foster/Kinship Care Presenter (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJune 6, 2018
Very flexible in choosing your schedule to teach classes but they take a long time to pay. Towards the end of fiscal year, they take up to 2 to 3 months to pay
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
They don't pay enough
Slow but very productive work place
Golf Range Staff (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJune 3, 2018
There is a lot of down time that comes with working at the golf range. With that down time there are plenty of things that can be done to upkeep the shop and also plenty of time to do absolutely nothing. It is your own work ethic that will decide how busy you are while you are there.
Lots of children books costumes Play projects for children to learn hands on
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAMay 19, 2018
Comprehensive supportive for aspiring teachers , Mentoring by senior teachers, Meetings with parents and discussions about the child and the progress of their education and how parents can help to make the child more involved in studies and helping the child to read stories help do home work or assignments
Pros
Breaks
Cons
lunches
Good
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAApril 25, 2018
It is a very positive environment for both tutors and tutees. Working here allowed me to help many of my classmates and at the same time it allowed me to enhance my own learning.
SOUND ENGINEER /CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAFebruary 11, 2018
Great place to work. The studio's are state of the art. The faculty and management are courteous and will go out of their way to make it a comfortable environment.

Want to know more about Citrus College?

Ask a question
Great small community college
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAFebruary 6, 2018
My Dean at the time was wonderful. Worked around my other adjunct commitments. He wanted to bring me on full time but there was no position for me, sadly.
Fun workplace helping students
Tutor students (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CAJanuary 23, 2018
Most days it's answering random questions for students, so you have to be comfortable with changing from different subjects. most students are really nice and understand that you have to help other students as well.
SPorts
Asst. Coach (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJanuary 23, 2018
Track and field was awesome. I enjpyed my time there. Until the program was cut due to budgeting. That sucked but The time spent there will leave memoried forever.
Itr's School
Supplemental Instruction Leader (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJanuary 23, 2018
Citrus College is a fun place to work. I work as a part time student employee . I was a supplemental instruction leader. I loved the groups I had come through and had the pleasure of teaching.
A great school now on the descent with executive mismanagement
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CAJanuary 21, 2018
Folks in academia rarely have real world occupation experience and so we often have to re-invent the wheel.

Unfortunately, because of executive management decisions at the President and Board level, seven deans and two vice-presidents have left in the last two years. These are outstanding individuals who worked well together and made Citrus College into one of the best two-year colleges in the nation.

Executive decisions have been short-sighted and have caused the school to lose a "brain trust" that is simply irreplaceable.
Pros
I control my curricula and have won plaudits for my work.
Cons
Extremely low compensation and the college is headed in the wrong direction.
It was cool and a nightmare at times
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJanuary 1, 2018
I enjoyed my time there but the manager was rude at times and it became difficult to work there while being a full time student. I had to give up the job because my grades were falling and I couldn't risk failing the class. I enjoyed helping the students and getting them what they needed but if they were able to work with my schedule and have a understandable manager I would have enjoyed more.
Pros
helping the students
Cons
bad manager
Hard working but eventful almost every day
Theater Set Painter (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CADecember 30, 2017
In the set design crew, each day had a task and an objective.
Worked under a great manager.
Fast pace working environment
Hardest part was knowing how to exactly achieve your goal of the day if not specified and making sure that the objective was reached by the end of the day.
But the best part of working was the ability to use the tools available to reach your objective. Learning how to use the tools and materials was an added plus.
Learning Environment with Friends and Faculty
Learning Center Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CADecember 30, 2017
Academic setting and environment. Students and staff work together to promote independent learning. Great place to create lasting friends and academic connections to advance one's goals. A little more stressful or challenging during midterms and finals. Fun and positive.
Super fun job yet challenging
SUPPLEMENTAL INSTRUCTION LEADER (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CADecember 21, 2017
Creating ways to have Supplemental Instruction sessions. Sitting in on whichever class you are SI-ing for. Working with the students is fun and rewarding.
Pros
Helping students
Cons
Creating lessons
My favorite place to work
ESL Teacher (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CADecember 6, 2017
I enjoy working at FLS International because it concentrates on the students rather than focusing solely on the needs of the company. I have worked here for four years, loving every moment of it. I really never had a difficult class.
Pros
everything
Cons
Need more hours