Citrus College Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Student Worker, Health Sciences Department (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJune 4, 2019
I loved working as a student worker. Hours were flexible to my school schedule and the people were amazing to work with. The students were usually great to work with and the teachers were also a pleasure to work with. Always something to do But not a crazy environment, at least in the health sciences department. There were busy times of yeast during application periods but it wasn't overwhelming. Definitely recommend!! :)
Pros
Flexible hours
Informal Tutoring supervisor
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAMay 26, 2019
They hired me and never gave me formal hours. I contact my supervisor and she replied once and never again. So I was hired and unable to get other job because they kept me waiting for nothing.
Great College
Assistant Stage Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAMay 26, 2019
Great college to work at. Opportunities are given to those who may not given a chance elsewhere. I would highly recommend working here especially as a part-time or full-time student
Pros
Flexibility on hours
Faculty (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAMarch 28, 2019
Enjoyable and was always supported by administration. I would recommend working here at Citrus College to anyone. I found the administration very welcoming and helpful.
Productive and friendly work place
Office Clerk/Payroll (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAMarch 27, 2019
Everyone was very friendly and helpful. The environment was positive. They were clear on direcrions. Very helpful and respectful when questions arose.
Great
Coach (Current Employee) –  AthleticsFebruary 16, 2019
It is a beautiful campus and a great area to work as well as the people working around you. Great place to work and would recommend it to another person
A good place to start working
Customer Service Monitor (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAFebruary 4, 2019
I enjoyed my time as a student worker where I had been accepted by my co workers and supervisors where I made myself helpful. I just wished that I wasn't laid off due to the fact it was temporary and think the management should be handled better due to it's questionable decisions.
Pros
Everyone is nice and helpful to each other
Cons
Questionable Management
Campus Safety
Campus Safety Officer I (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJanuary 16, 2019
The environment was good, but the Supervisor was arrogant. The Supervisor was only hired because of politics. He had no law enforcement experience, military experience, or supervisor experience when he was officially appointed the Supervisor position. Treated employees unfairly and even attempted to violate employee contracts to make him look better.
Great people in the trenches. Management is scary
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CAJanuary 16, 2019
I’m an instructor at Citrus and we’ve lost two Vice Presidents and 7 deans within a span of 2 years. That should say something about working at the management level here. When I started, the focus was ALWAYS about serving the student. Now the focus is about how to make the college look good. It’s great when those goals coincide, but as anyone knows, that doesn’t happen all the time. It is a great college to attend, and that’s because the instructors and support staff are super dedicated. That’s what makes it work.

I gave two stars for compensation because although working there seems like a great deal to anyone in industry, our salaries are much lower than at competing schools. I gave 3 stars for job culture because the people in the trenches are 5 star, but the executive leadership is wrong-headed.
Pros
Benefit packages, dedicated colleagues
Cons
Top level management has misplaced values
Convenient for students, but poorly managed
cashier (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CA 91741December 10, 2018
The good thing about this job is that it's only 20 hours a week max as a student, anymore time spent there and I might be inclined to quit. The store is managed poorly and the current management brings their personal life and feelings into work too often and cleanliness is lacking.
Pros
discount, convenient
Cons
no breaks, poor management
Fun to be a tutor there, amazingly modern college, friendly colleagues
English Tutor/Spanish Tutor/French Tutor (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CAOctober 16, 2018
I was a tutor so I worked in a place called the Student Learning Center, it was a nice, modern, well equipped work facility. There were lots of great colleagues.
Pros
Discount at college stores, good pay, breaks whenever you want as a tutor
Cons
Not enough hours so had to do the private tutoring to make ends meet
Professional and fun environemnt
Esthetician Student (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CASeptember 7, 2018
everyday a new experience, staff very cooperative and caring for our clientele. Our number 1 priority was to offer great service and experience. As an esthetician our goal is to learn the best and treat our clients with respect for them to trust our work with their skin.
Pros
very busy
Cons
always fully booked
convenient for working at school
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAAugust 24, 2018
I enjoyed the environment and workplace at Hayden Memorial Library! The librarians and staff were super friendly and very helpful. I felt that I had a genuine connection with each co-worker. It's perfect for a first time job as well, because the staff was understanding and patient with each student worker. It was easy and interactive with students. It's a nice relaxing job that helped me stay motivated seeing other students studying. I got to learn how to work with the computer system and grew value for the care of books. Of course we can't hold long conversations in the library and on the job, so that was hard for me. I love interaction in business, so the Library wasn't my taste in labor. I am one to conversate, so I got a position as a barista .
Pros
healthy work environment
Cons
can't study during shift, long hours of re-shelving books, can't talk
Becoming a Citrus College Alumni.
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJuly 6, 2018
As a Citrus college Alumni I have now started my journey as a well rounded student of this wonderful city. Glendora is full of many real estate opportunities and has beautiful landscaping. I wish to acquire more job skills through the campus job data base. I am interested in the clerical assistant position in the Human Resource Department.
Pros
Fee lunches/Yoga
Cons
Travel time/Commuting
College level coaching was fun and rewarding.
Assistant Baseball Coach (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJuly 6, 2018
Truly enjoyed my coaching experience at Citrus. The young men I coached were very receptive and respectful. I would always arrive early and give extra work to those who asked or where there early as well.

I learned that all young men need to be approached in a manner of respect to receive respect in return.

I guess the hardest part of the job was dealing with the obstacles of recruiting.
Stale work environment
Campus Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJune 27, 2018
Great institution of learning however the work environment is bias towards a certain group of people. It seems that upper management has hard time communicating with its employees
Foster/Kinship Care Presenter (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJune 6, 2018
Very flexible in choosing your schedule to teach classes but they take a long time to pay. Towards the end of fiscal year, they take up to 2 to 3 months to pay
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
They don't pay enough
Slow but very productive work place
Golf Range Staff (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAJune 3, 2018
There is a lot of down time that comes with working at the golf range. With that down time there are plenty of things that can be done to upkeep the shop and also plenty of time to do absolutely nothing. It is your own work ethic that will decide how busy you are while you are there.
Lots of children books costumes Play projects for children to learn hands on
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAMay 19, 2018
Comprehensive supportive for aspiring teachers , Mentoring by senior teachers, Meetings with parents and discussions about the child and the progress of their education and how parents can help to make the child more involved in studies and helping the child to read stories help do home work or assignments
Pros
Breaks
Cons
lunches
Good
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAApril 25, 2018
It is a very positive environment for both tutors and tutees. Working here allowed me to help many of my classmates and at the same time it allowed me to enhance my own learning.