Citrus Valley Health Partners Employee Reviews

er
ER Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAMay 7, 2018
I loved working in Queens ER... the Staff is Amazing.
I would refer my friends to apply here for employment.
Working here for the past 7 years has been great.
Infection control department
Nursing internship done (Former Employee) –  Glendora, CAApril 19, 2018
I was at this location as an extern for my Masters degree. A very friendly effective environment. I learned a lot about management styles and committees.
Pros
very reasonable lunches
Nice friendly environment with amazing coworkers
Health Information Technician (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAFebruary 6, 2018
Citrus Valley is a great friendly environment with exceptional employees who always walk the extra mile to help out patients and their families. This organization is alway looking into new technology, updating and upgrading their facilities.
great company to work
X-RAY TECHNICIAN/MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJanuary 23, 2018
citrus valley was a great place of employment. they worked with me to continue my education, management was very understanding and dealt with any problems immediately. I would recommend this corporation for employment.
flexibility
Medical Surgical Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAJanuary 14, 2018
Great flexibility, support by peers is awesome, love the people but the hospital needs to be revamped. They need to be more competitive with their pay.
Pros
awesome support and flexibility, close to home
Cons
Not enough staff, more breaks, and more pay
good working environment
Nutrition Assistant (Current Employee) –  Covina, CADecember 20, 2017
typical day at work is a good minimum paced work day
ive learned so much information that I didn't know before about nutrition assistant
management wasn't all that great but they tried to work with everyone schedules
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks, scheduling
full time ed nurse
Full time staff nurse in emergency department (Former Employee) –  Covina, CADecember 13, 2017
No typical days in ed. Every day was different. This was my first ED job so I learned everything. ....When I was hired the nurse manager was good but it went downhill from there. The workplace culture was okay. Those were the days before the EDs were saturated all the time. The hardest part of that job was that I really didn't know anything about ED nursing. The most enjoyable part was learning, I had a good mentor
Pros
It was a nice place to learn emergency nursing
Cons
Inexperienced nurses in charge
Older facilities
NM Technologist Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Covina, CADecember 12, 2017
Inter-community facility in Covina can use some upgrading. Queen of the Valley facility is kept very nice and is more productive in my opinion. Staff is very friendly and team oriented. Transporters are fast and helpful.
Pros
Easy to get to facility
Cons
Lower end of the pay scale
Good Teamwork
Emergency Services Technician (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CADecember 8, 2017
Working night shift is not a normal experience in any job, but allows for a nice culture of teamwork among coworkers due to the lack of resources for this shift.
not so fun culture.
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAOctober 17, 2017
HR recruiter does not help, never return the phone calls, never help to advance the career. People get their degrees but upper management does not help to grow professionally!!
LPT in Mental Health Dept
LPT (Former Employee) –  Covina, CASeptember 21, 2017
Was hired for Part time graveyard shift but was trained on the day shift. Fast paced environment which I do enjoy as my patients are my top priority. The people that trained me have been employed there for nearly 20 years so I imagine that they have trained a fair number of people. They complained to my manager needlessly about my work performance becoming angry directly to me in front of patients. It proved to be slow, tedious process to distribute the Meds in my opinion. The computer was old and outdated as well. I have been in my my profession for over 10 years and have trained people myself. Patience is required to train employees- not making the job more stressful than it already is. No wonder people do not stay for long term. I found a full time job that will suit my needs. I will say that the DON is a consummate professional as well as most of the other staff.
Pros
Working with the acute mentally ill population
Cons
Very stressful environment to provide proper care to patients.
Love my Queens!
ER RN at Queen of the Valley ED (Former Employee) –  Covina, CA 91723September 14, 2017
This was a great place to work. I have learned a lot here and met amazing people. Management has been helpful and inspiring. I always remember my time at Queen as very special for my professional and personal growth.
Mixed Feelings
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CASeptember 11, 2017
Their MAP program was invaluable as a new medsurg RN, but the management and organizational flaws once you're actually on the floor was so disorganized and chaotic that I wanted to quit several times. It all boiled down to the charge nurse and if you had a good one, it made or broke your day. If your charge nurse was horrible and unsupportive, I wanted to not come back the next day. The only thing that keeps me coming back is the incredible support and teamwork provided by my fellow floor nurses on a daily basis.
Great workers. Second family
Insurance Verifier (Former Employee) –  Covina, CASeptember 6, 2017
Management are 2 faced and not fair.need to put more effort to listen to the needs of staff. Worload issues need to be addressed. As well does not need to be an increase in micromanagement when one minor issues arrises.
Pros
Love the people and they take their mission and values seriously.
Cons
Workload can be heavy, workload can be stressful, management wasn't able to adjust to the needs
Low Pay
Registration Representative (Current Employee) –  West Covina, CAAugust 31, 2017
you get good healthcare experience working here, which will hopefully lead you to a better paying job.
most per diem employees start off with the graveyard shift.
Pros
healthcare experience
Cons
No Health Benefits.
good place to work
Occupational Therapist I (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAAugust 23, 2017
CVHP is a good place to work. Occupational Therapy department has been recognized by the organization for building great connections. Good colleagues and team, however requires flexibility.
Excellent stepping stone in healthcare
Quality Management Coordinator Supervisor (CCE) (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJuly 26, 2017
Began as a Clinical Care Extender (CCE) volunteer and worked myself up to a leadership position as a Quality Management Coordinator (QMC). The leaders and staff in Citrus Valley Health Partners (CVHP) were overall very friendly and provided opportunities for the volunteers to learn and participate in patient care. I believe I was able to excel and enjoy working along side healthcare staff members because of my assertiveness as volunteer and leader. As a QMC, I was able to speak with the staff, volunteers, and patients on what we as a whole can do in order to improve patient satisfaction. The most satisfying part of my role is when I see positive comments and results coming from the patients because I know the hard efforts to improve patient care made an impact.
Overall an excellent company
Billing, CDM, Reimbursement and Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2017
Enjoyed the work and staff with the company. Many exciting and new adventures. I wish the company many happy and healthy years ahead. Employee and patient focus for better working and health interactions.
Worked there for several years
IMAGING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAJuly 17, 2017
A company that offers benefits and occasional overtime. Days typically are fast paced, tiresome and busy. Pay is better than minimum and the people are great.
Internship Only.
Clinical Care Extender Intern (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CAJune 22, 2017
I only interned for this company. As long as you do your required hours you get transferred to different departments. Each has its own unique experience.