City & County Of San Francisco Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
Good place to work but getting a permant position is difficult
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 6, 2018
Good place to work but getting a permant position is difficult. That's about all I have to say about the place but this site is forcing me to write more
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Difficult to become full time
Fun place to work but employee growth is slower
Senior Manager, IT operations (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Salary compensation is very competitive in the market but employee growth is lot slower. We use all the latest tools available and are in the process of migrating all applications to cloud.
Be ready for training
Customer Service Agent Trainee (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 26, 2017
Training, Training, that the key. You train all the time and have weekly supervisor reviews. All calls are recorded and you have to aim to get 100% on all calls. There is a huge staf so you never really get to know you co workers.
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 5, 2017
Love the city and all of my co workers. The environment is very accepting of people from all different backgrounds, everyone has a chance to make a good living.
willing to learn
Laborer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 14, 2017
i mostly work as a labour. Im and organise person very respectful to my peers at work. mind my own business try my hardest at work every day . try to learn new skills at work trying to succeed in life.
Giving back feels good
Recreation Leader 1 (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 26, 2017
Typical day at work is about giving back to the communities. You learn different sports fundamentals with different teams. Workplace culture is fun if you fit in.
Upper Noe Rec Center
Facility Coordinator Asst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 20, 2017
A typical day at work consists of opening or closing the facility depending if one is working the AM or PM shift. The staff ensures facility and equipment is being used properly, assist program instructors when needed, and various office tasks. The facility coordinator is a great supervisor. The staff consists of Facility Coordinator, Recreation Leaders, Program Instructors, and Program Directors that all work together as one unit. Some facility visitors can be difficult, especially on rainy days when the playground and baseball diamond are closed, or when a certain area is off limits due to a class going on. However, the job is thoroughly enjoyable as one is able to interact with the public, assist at special events, and perform community outreach.
Pros
Special Events, social networking, and interaction with kids
Cons
Difficult to advance; No medical, dental, or vision
City and county of sf
Communications Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 3, 2017
As a city and county of SF employee, I have been offered great benefits, compensation, and security for my job. I think overall you learn and there is always room for growth
Pros
Great pay
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 26, 2017
I highly recommend working for SFDPH. A lot opportunities for advancement. Great teamwork. Very competitive and fast pace. Colleagues and management are very nice.
Rewarding work, if you can deal with the culture
Senior Permits & Citations Clerk, SFMTA (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 13, 2017
Having never worked for a government agency before, I was not prepared for the way things worked when I took this job. It was not the friendliest place, but I did enjoy working there.
Fantastic place to work
program / project manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco International AirportSeptember 10, 2017
Team SFO is great. Wonderful leaders and managers, exciting work, positive teams in every department who fully support each other. The environment is constantly changing with a new ATC tower, new fire stations, new T1 renovation, new maintenance campus. Lots of challenges and lots of interesting activities. The days pass quickly. Anyone would enjoy working here in this fast paced, highly technical and innovative environment. Subject matter experts are empowered to take the lead in most projects with plenty of practical support from functional managers. New IT and telecommunications projects keep SFO at the cutting edge of quality and reliable communications service. Being around many different emergency management and public safety entities is very exciting as well. Being fond of aircraft is also a plus. There is even a small "navy" of fire and rescue boats at the SFO Marine Emergency Rescue Facility (MERF) and an on-site Coast Guard station. As a Communications Project Manager, all of the work is vital to three fire station, police department, air operations, 911 dispatch center, MERF, emergency operations center, FAA, TSA, and numerous other agencies at SFO involved in Safety and Security. Most projects are also relevant to the various trades at SFO (facility engineering, fleet operations, plumbers, custodians, carpenters, electronics technicians, etc). Over 35,000 City employees work at SFO and all require reliable communications.
Pros
Collaborative and cooperative, cross-culturally diverse
Cons
Not enough support staff for the many projects
It was a real pleasure working for CCSF.
Executive Secretary III (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 23, 2017
I enjoyed my tenure with the City & County and would love to work there again. My duties were varied and I did not have much down time. Once I realized my worth, my duties on the front desk were the most rewarding. The hard part was understanding the value of the "front desk".
Pros
Assisting the public.
Great fun place to work
Head Teacher (Current Employee) –  Oceanview, CAAugust 12, 2017
Busy fast paced environment. Learned different ways to approach children and families. Work place changing often to meet the needs of children. Pay is good, but not much room for advancedment.
Working for the City.
IT Technician Trainee (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 12, 2017
Its great if you get a permenant position other wise your ust a cog in a big clock that doesnt tick tock for you. so if your part time or anything other then permenant dont waste your time.
Pros
its a job.
Cons
not appriciative
office work
Junior Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 13, 2017
I have been worked there as Data Entry and office work such as filing, scheduling and other office work I work for as needed position so that I cannot get any benefit.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Short break
Job security but zero raise potential
3417 Gardener (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoApril 23, 2017
Salaries are union negotiated so no chance of raises on individual merit. Nearly impossible to be fired except for felony crimes so coworkers are unaccountable.
Pros
Benefits, job security
Cons
Zero mobility
Job Security
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 20, 2017
Everyday is a challenge. Everyday its something new. The people are easy to get along with. The hours are great. Regular day shift and you will have the weekends off.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Managment
Great place to work with many opputunitys to move up
Glazier Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 6, 2016
I supervised up to 15 team members. Each day was usually a little different from the previous. Being a manager I would coordinate projects subcontractors and the public to assure all safety procedures were in place prior to material installation. The hardest part of my job was trying to coordinate heavy equipment in public spaces. I also was in charge of all the glass needs in each terminal at SFO.
Case management
Protective Service Worker (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 15, 2016
Respond to crisis. coordinate and schedule meetings with service providers, mental health professionals, attorneys, relatives, parents, and client (minor).

make decisions to remove minor to and from placement. Consult with team to make a decision for the best interest of the minor.

minor(s) may have mental health that can be a complicated factor in inquiring a higher level placement. Minor's psychotropic medication(s) and medical have to be up to date.

Minor may also have an IEP.
Pros
Seeing progress and growth within the minor(s), parents, & family.
Cons
You may have several crisis on a several different cases in a day to respond to.
good paying job
Social Worker Family and Children Services (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 1, 2016
I really enjoy working for the city and county of san Francisco
I work with a great group of people I love working near home.
Pros
great pay
Cons
tests