City Barbeque Employee Reviews

Fun, Productive workplace.
Assistant Manager & Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 18, 2018
CBBQ is a fun, fast pace work place that allows you to enjoy free Barbeque throughout your work day! There are many opportunities for personal growth and promotions.
Great environment
Cook, Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 2, 2018
We all had fun working together and all worked great as a team. The managment took good care of there employees. The food is awesome as a former Pitt boss I will carry on the skills I have learned
A good place to get started
Que Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHMay 29, 2018
It was a nice company to work for and promoted friendliness both toward customers and to your fellow coworker. Never felt like there was a large gap between management and the employees, the higher levels were always very accessible.
Pros
Free shift meal
So fast paced and stressful
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCMay 3, 2018
I enjoyed working here until it became very popular. Even though sales increased by a factor 4 the management would not hire more staff to help out. I was basically working 2 positions but only getting paid for one.
Pros
discounts
Cons
extremely fast paced and stressfull
Quick paced, fun
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHApril 23, 2018
While the work itself was at times very hectic and demanding, working here was a fun learning experience that I value. Being my first job, this is where I honed the base of my work ethic and learned a lot about how a business is operated on a daily basis. Here I became a certified trainer and trained many individuals who came through that location. Unfortunately the pay was not enough for me to sustain rent, bills, and other responsibilities at the time but my situation was unique so I'm sure that wouldn't be the case for any who are seeking employment at this facility.
not fun, shady mang
Head Chef/ Line Cook, Boards/Que Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 16, 2018
I do not recommend this place for employment. They are not organized, no communication at all. They do not work with their workers. No solidarity or compassion.
Pros
non
Cons
all
its okay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Blue Ash, OHFebruary 16, 2018
it was fun i worked with my friend and we had fun together, management pushed their responsibilities on you a lot and you didnt get paid to do their work
Typical
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INFebruary 4, 2018
This is a typical part time job. Fun environment to work in but don't expect to leave with out the smokey scent of barbecue clinging to your clothes. closing here takes about 3 hours, thats why I quit.
Fun workplace
Front of House Staff (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHFebruary 2, 2018
Great environment to work. Free meal every shift. Small breaks as needed. Minimal opportunity for advancement due to size of company. Fun and friendly atmosphere.
great company
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 8, 2018
Overall, I love this company. Unfortunately, the larger they get the more difficult it becomes to move up because they tend to hire from the outside lately. Because of this we are getting managers who are less dedicated to the culture than before. But in the long run everything is great there. I, myself, have had lots of opportunities in the years with the company and obviously enjoy it since I've stayed for more than 6 years so I would highly recommend this company as a whole. It is fun, fast paced but easy to enjoy, you get free food, there's lots of freedom, and the connections you make with guests, regulars and coworkers are awesome. Also as a full-time employee you get benefits- health, life, visual, dental insurance and paid vacation.
Pros
free food, fun and fast paced while not being cut-throat, great connections, if full-time you get benefits
Cons
development, lack of fair raise system
Productive and fun workplace
Regional B2B Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHDecember 27, 2017
The management and staff are dedicated to their jobs/careers as a result of the great management and owners. They management team believes in work/life balance.
Pros
Free lunches and great employees
Cons
Limited healthcare
Very cut throat.
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCDecember 11, 2017
Managers don't care what position you sign up for they put you on everything and anything even if not trained for it. They are always up your butt about every little mistake.
Pros
Free lunch under $10
Cons
Managment is rigged for family
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 1, 2017
Only family is management and everything is rigged for them. Example being they take 6-7 week vacations out of the year and they get all the hours. Also everything is fit to their schedule for when they wanna work.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Managment, low hours, get sent home alot
awful management
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 24, 2017
the only good thing about this place is you can move up into management pretty easily and quickly for good pay. They had a lot of drama there, the management sucked at communication and dealing with conflicts and very lazy.
Pros
free lunches, good pay
Cons
awful management
Fun, fast-paced work environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHSeptember 20, 2017
City Barbeque was a great place to work and a great company to work for. I worked for one of the few franchises, so my experience was somewhat unique. I respected and appreciated the vision and core values of the company and am confident that the company will grow and thrive in the coming years.
Pros
Excellent food and Atmospere
Cons
Reliable teammates were difficult to come by
A very old fashioned way of work
Marketing (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 23, 2017
The people themselves are wonderful workers and we all really look out for each other. My main concerns are lack of room for advancement as well as lack of diversity of gender/age/race/etc. in upper management.
Fast growing company, but not in all departments
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 8, 2017
Recently was bought up by a private equity firm that is forcing some fast growth, this is causing some growing pains and high turnover. Very dependent on department, but is a stretched a little thin due to this.
Seasonal
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHAugust 1, 2017
Only worked there to help with the grand opening out of high school, I did marketing type of jobs when I graduated, and then found city BBQ, and just did it for the summer until they didn't need the help anymore.
Team Work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Florence, KYJuly 15, 2017
I have only worked at City Barbeque for a few days now, but I can already tell you that working for City barbeque is the best choice I've made. With Good pay, Good management, and most of all, a Good team, there is no way you could fail. Also, there is plenty of room for promotion as long as you put in the work.
Pros
good pay, good management, teamwork
Cons
no cons
Fun and supportive work environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Fishers, IN and Greenwood, INJuly 3, 2017
Plenty of room for growth and to move up in the company. For the most part a supportive and encouraging staff. Great culture values and a focus on serving the guest over simply making the sale.
Pros
free meals, flexible schedules, overall nice environment
Cons
messy/dirty, hectic and straining rushes