City Club Apartments Employee Reviews

Catty behavior
Employee (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJanuary 10, 2019
Looking over the back/forth drama from the Detroit area Manager and former employee speaks for itself. Yes the manager will vouch for the company its expected. At the same token you should not come onto a internet forum and still berate an employee because you dont like his experience or opinion of his former employer. As a manager you should respect employees opinions and thoughts about the job if you like what they are saying or not. That's called an open door policy. I see you all do not have that based on how you told the whole entire world that you terminated someone. Does that make you feel big? Because at the same token you can be terminated as well. We all know how cover ups works in employers in this era.. there is always some "truth" in statements if not all true.. all employers lie about what times and stress there is a good work life balance just to get someone in the door and turn around and it be completely different once you agree to the job.. that is called deceit.

I hope you managers go through a cultural and professional development training and not be catty on a job forum.. its unprofessional and unproductive to outsiders looking for employment.
Productive place to work
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 29, 2018
You have to be really organized, a hard worker in order to work with CCA. Old historical building to maintain alive, really challenging position. If you are ready for challenges ,it's a place for you.
Pros
Cons
Paperwork
Run as far as you can
Sr. Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 28, 2018
This company is a joke! They lured me in under false information! I was promised a commission structure that was very enticing and was very good until out of the blue they changed the structure they made an excuse to say it was to motivate us to sell more, but it’s hard to sell a product that no one wants! They have lured in residents with false claims and dates when things in the building would be finished. They keep making up these dates and keep pushing them back. If you have any sort of integrity and morals I wouldn’t work for a place that lies to residents to get them to sign leases. I will say the one good thing are the employees in the office Becky and Alexa are great, and they go out of there way to make residents happy. The concierge staff is amazing as well. No one should have to be stressed every single to fulfill unrealistic sales goals set my management! It’s the product that’s not up to par hince why the building isn’t leasing up as it should! I would think twice before becoming apart of a company where they work you to the bone and don’t compensate you for your work.
Pros
The office and concierge staff are great, and so are the residence
Cons
Management, over working and under paying employees
Great company to work for
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 21, 2018
Competitive company with quick advancement throughout your career. I am a current property manager that loves working for city club. I’ve been with them for a year and a half. Excited for the years to come.
Pros
Compensation. Work life balance.
Cons
Administrative duties and reporting
Management was unprofessional & unorganized.
Head Concierge (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 7, 2018
The Cincinnati Ohio location is mismanaged which leaves the staff unorganized and lacking direction.
Was such a huge disappointment.
The leasing agents were very rude to other staff members.
I highly do not recommend this as anyone’s future employer.
You will be let down and disappointed.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poorly managed.
A Company for Achievers
Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 6, 2018
Wow - quite confused as to previous comments posted, I have been with the company for almost a year and never experienced anything like others mentioned. Though I think I worked with one of those who commented and since they were terminated for a poor attitude and misconduct it makes since he would also be unprofessional in his comments.

I appreciate the support I get, and have been recognized for my efforts by my manager and have been promoted. Yes, some days are longer than others, but I have pride in what I do, and believe in the vision of the company,
Pros
Salary and benefits - great residents!
Cons
Administrative duties, lots of procedures
Poor Leadership; Starts with owner's attitude
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  DetroitDecember 5, 2018
The corporate office of this company is packed with people who are severely disconnected from day to day operations. Property Managers aren't given much authority to make almost any decision on their own. The company does a terrible job identifying good talent for available roles. Smart, intelligent workers are ignored while people with low skills are given opportunities simply for their ability to punch a clock. City Club Apartments are not proactive in filling roles that will open up - which stresses their current employees to be overworked and forces them to hire out of desperation rather than compatibility.

Ownership will only invest in band-aid fixes; cosmetic upgrades. The residents pay good money to live in these properties but the infrastructure is in poor shape. That leaves them to take out their frustrations with the on-site staff month after month while the executives live comfortably and deny funds for necessary improvements. This company had a great deal of potential during its inception but did not listen to the views of the initial leaders they put in place, causing them to leave the company.

Instead of being a "luxury apartment community with exceptional service", these are lipstick on a pig properties that prioritize profit without reinvesting in their existing buildings. They are building new properties while disregarding the needs of the ones making them the money to begin with. Any semblance of hospitality is forgone in favor of having employees who will only follow the directives handed down by the corporate office - decided by people who never actually
  more... interact with the residents. It's a terrible value for the people living there and once the novelty of living in downtown Detroit wears off- they spend the final six months of their lease constantly aggravated with how much they pay for how little they receive. You can live in a comparable Miami apartment with an ocean view for less money and better amenities.

Not only is the employee turnover rate high, the residents themselves are fed up with the way the properties are managed and showing it by leaving after living in them for years.
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
Your opinion means nothing.
They lie just to get you in the door
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 2, 2018
They lied to me from day one. Telling me 9-5 work hours when in reality it was more like 9-7 daily with no weekends off. Management is horrible. The company has no compassion for its workers.
Pros
The pay was good
Cons
Horrible hours
Horrible
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charter Township of Harrison, MINovember 26, 2018
Terrible property mgr. They dont know who to hire. All about hospitality? Nobody in upper mgmt knows the meaning of it. Highest turnover rate I’ve ever seen with a company.
Pros
Some nice residents
Cons
Property Mgr, upper mgmt, service team sucked etc etc etc
Great company to advance with
Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  DetroitOctober 24, 2018
If you believe in the company, work hard and you will go far! There is so much opportunity within City Club Apartments. They promote from within and hard work does not go unnoticed.
Pros
Culture, benefits, salaries
Worst company I've worked for
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 20, 2018
Worst company I've worked for. Terrible leadership. Cut throat work environment. Poor customer service. Overworked. Almost everyone I knew that worked for this company quit within their first six months.
Don't work there
Groundskeeper/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 17, 2018
Management was very rude and disrespectful treated the tenants horrible and the employees never work at a city club building especially in Detroit I would never recommend no one I know to ever work there
Stay away!!!
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) –  MichiganSeptember 6, 2018
It’s the boys club!! Awful management very unprofessional, worst place I’ve ever worked!! Not well managed, if you weren’t in the click you voice meant nothing.
Back stabbing and decietful
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MISeptember 3, 2018
Well the first part to start at is the management is very deceitful and untrustworthy. They are very racist and manipulative. Behind closed doors they talk bad about residents and very condescending to them in person. As the previous commenter stated this company and its management are very very cut throat...The good managers they over work and underappreciate the bad ones they promote for being dishonorable....This company has a reputation for running their properties horrible it used to be villiage green now its called city club same tacticts different name.
Pros
Residents and some co-workers
Cons
Management is deceitful paid every 2 weeks
Each day you wil sprint out of there.
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 7, 2017
a typical day is wondering which one in management is going to cut your throat. Needs more help to run the property. Tough to keep a 100 year old building running. Without putting any money into it.
Pros
At least they paid us on time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Club Apartments. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1