City College Of San Francisco Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Head Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 12, 2018
Ongoing nepotism and severely disorganized management. Lack of institutional control over staff. Failure to provide support for position of athletic trainer.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, Nepotism, dysfunctional staff
Feel relax when i work there
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 8, 2018
as a student worker in transcripts office which i am working now, a typical day is mailed out the official transcript, answer the phone call, email and front window. i learned how to help the student and communicate with students and staff. i enjoy to working there.
Paid internship
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 12, 2018
My position was a paid internship for my community health worker certificate. I had a wonderful supervisor. I learned a lot from her. She was very understanding to my career goals.
Fast paced and collaborative environment
International Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoMay 9, 2018
I have been a student at CCSF since September 2017, I am graduating on May 24 2018.

My job has been as a student worker at the Office of International Programs.

I can testify that CCSF and the Office of International Programs cares about their staff and students as much as they care about the institution.
Productive and Fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 10, 2018
Worked with the athletic teams the whole time and they made it worth my time. Helped with their specific events and setting up. As well as working with the different coaches on the teams it created a family atmosphere.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
N/a
Productive work place
Mentor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 20, 2018
Working at city college was a very great learning experience to gain experience and explore. It helped me work towards my career. no hard parts and my boss was a good support.
Pros
On campus job
Very impressive faculty
Student Teacher, ESLN (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 4, 2018
CCSF has attracted a very high caliber faculty for many years. My understanding is that the average salary is higher than that at some 4-year universities. During my time as an assistant there I was impressed by the collaborative and supportive culture among the teachers I was acquainted with.
ESL & Vocational ESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 21, 2018
Fulfilling environment, providing career opportunities to students. Management is not always the greatest, but at least it's a lax environment. City College of San Francisco provides great benefits.
Good
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 13, 2018
I worked only as a volunteer, so I can't speak for a regular teaching assistant. I would check student's assignments, comment on them, also attended some classes and try to help students on their projects.
Being a lab aid at City College was not bad.
Part-Time Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 31, 2018
I have no issues being a lab aid at CCSF. It's great to get paid and work on homework during downtime. This was just a temporary position given by the work study program. I don't have anything negative to say except the pay is very low but it's not a typical job where you are on payroll. You have a certain amount to work up to because this is a financial aid given job.
Pros
Everything.
Cons
Low pay but that's expected since this is a job through financial aid.

Want to know more about City College Of San Francisco?

Ask a question
Great place to work with flexible hours for a student
C++ Tutor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 27, 2018
Variety of jobs available for students with a wide range of hours. Employers are kind and understanding. Easy way to gain good experience in the field of your intended major
Great for students to work
Lab Aide (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 24, 2018
CCSF was a part-time job for me and a typical day at work, right before my classes, included sitting in a desk for the next few hours and looking though papers. The job was fairly easy and laid back. Nothing too heavy and difficult since it was a student position. The hours were great just because they worked with your class schedule.
nice working environment
Data entry (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 5, 2018
good place to work at, nice people and fair pay. flexible hour and relax working environment. nice co-workers. Gained a lot of experience and perfect boss.
good learning experience
Student Office Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 5, 2018
i worked there when i was a student there. my supervisor trade us very nice, she taught us a lot. every time i worked there i felt that i was in a class since i learned a lot of skill from the office.
Working at City College of San Francisco, was a great experience
Office Assistance (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 29, 2017
Very relaxed, steady pace, and well organized. The hardest part of working at this establishment was realizing it was only temporary, rather than ongoing and full-time.
Pros
The atmosphere
Cons
Temporary position
Nice colleagues
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 8, 2017
Overall a good place to do part time job for students. You can go to work without traveling too far away or skipping classes. Staffs are nice and helpful too. But pay/hr is lower than SF minimum wage.
great place to work
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  88 4th street, San FranciscoOctober 25, 2017
I worked as a student worker and I help non English speakers enroll in English or vocational classes. The students are very diverse so I learned a lot about other cultures. The staff are very friendly and work great as a team. The hardest part of the job is being very over load at the beginning of the semester. The most enjoyable part is being able to help students to get classes
Pros
very divert
Cons
no benefit for student worker
Academic
Adjunct Lecturer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 13, 2017
City College pays well, the students are amazing and the colleagues for the most part are great. I would love to work there again someday. I have always been impressed with the caliber of this 2 year college.
City College instructor
Instructor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 3, 2017
I taught an SAT prep course, Expository Writing. Teaching the class was okay, but dealing with the department I was under was chaotic. The coordinator was unavailable a lot of the time and unwilling to address various issues that other teachers and myself considered germane. There were woefully inadequate resources for copying and textbooks they ordered were late--a bad combination. There were two to three times as many students over the maximum.
Pros
The teaching experience, in itself
Cons
Poor management of classrooms, rosters, and resources. No opportunity for advancement or benefits.
Nice place to work
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 25, 2017
Flexible hours for students. I appreciate how they worked around our schedules especially with stressful majors such as engineering. The students are friendly. The people I worked with are professional, friendly, and are kind-hearted to veterans. The difficult part of the job is when there is a surge of students, but not enough computers or personnel to assist them. The enjoyable part is when the students are patient with the personnel during these times.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Need more positions available for work study or internships