City Electric Supply Employee Reviews

Loved CES
Project Manager, Electrical Supply Distributor (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 4, 2019
As a woman, working in a male dominant industry is a challenge in itself. I have to give it to this group and their clients, however. It really did not take long for them to hear the reciprocation of intelligent conversation. I was proud to work in the CES Project Department where we bid and manage both Lighting and Switchgear projects for Electrical Contractors, Subs, etc. Management ensured that the employees were compensated fairly at all times. While I had goals and visions for myself that lead me away from CES, I believe that I had grown as much as I could in my existing role. I would recommend employment to anyone interested in City Electric! They are wonderful!!!
Stressful
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOJanuary 1, 2019
I had a great team of coworkers that had my back and were always there to help out.. I learned that management has a lot to do if you are going to succeed or not.
Pros
Great co-workers. Great hours.
Cons
Did not always have the support of management.
Fun/fast paced supply co.
sales, inventory control, forklift,etc (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach. FLDecember 12, 2018
Great company, great people. Appreciated hard work ethic and high morals. Still remained a fun environment despite being a busy supplier where correct orders were critical.
Pros
Fast paced/customer interaction/busy
Cons
None come to mind.
Family feel
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLNovember 16, 2018
This CES location run well and treats it's customers and employees like family. It is a small staff but everyone is willing to help each other succeed and do well so the business is successful.
Stressful Environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLOctober 20, 2018
New management was hired, not very employee friendly. Was expected to perform multiple duties, with limited pay. Management was degrading to employees.
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
Toxic Environment, pay grade low for duties performed
productive
Data Entry Clerk / Billing (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLOctober 17, 2018
great place to work at and my co worker and boss very nice people, they all team player and very willing to assist you with anything cant get done. quiet
City Electric is a great company to work for
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCOctober 13, 2018
I enjoyed every single day , for the 12 years that I was employed at CES. It was a great company to work for. They care about their employees. It is definitely an employee first company!
Good company
Store's assistant/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GASeptember 1, 2018
Good company. One can advance if they show that they're willing to attain the knowledge of products. If you show that you're willing to go the extra mile then you're good.
Pros
Overall good company
no good
Driver & Logistics (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 21, 2018
MGRS are very Bad respect for Employees and Bad administration,Dot like went you come with a good ideas .No safety and Bad training system.No coordination vetoing each other
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Bad Managers.No respect foe Employees
great company
Sales Rep and Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 14, 2018
Great, family owned company. I was there for several years and I highly recommend them to anyone. Excellent management and excellent opportunities for growth.
It pays the bills
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 7, 2018
It is for someone who has worked in the electric field who knows A lot about electric parts helping customers pulling orders answering phone delivering
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
Health care after 90 days
favoritism showed by ,management and poor communication
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLAugust 5, 2018
There was no organization very poor communication and favoritism showed to one employee. Was not honest in the hiring process about the security of the position
Toxic Working Enviorment
Sales Counter / warehouse (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLAugust 3, 2018
If you want to be yelled at on a daily basis and be told to eat your lunch in a 100 degree warehouse, and your motivation to learn the day to day operations is.... if you don't learn the position within the 90 day trial period , you will be let go
very stressful work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 30, 2018
Most of the people i worked with at City Electric were very good people, but the workload for the one warehouse attendant that they will hire is more than i could handle, unrealistic time constraints on picking for customers left me grabbing the wrong products most of the time and rushing it out to their work site only to tell me that i grabbed them the wrong item and the store's outdated way of taking orders also caused mistakes too.
Pros
good people
Cons
workload, stressful, pay, no vacation
A great place to work (if you know electrical work)
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Lake Villa, ILJuly 16, 2018
I jumped into this job because i was in the process of moving to Virginia to Wisconsin.

Its a very good place to work if you know your stuff and have a true desire for electric work.

but if you don't have a desire for it, it can make the job really hard to deal with.
A day at City Electric Supply
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 6, 2018
Days usually start early between 6:30 and 7:00 am with the loading of delivery trucks . Customer service / sales often starts at the same time . My day normally consisted of purchasing materials , warehouse management , taking care of customer needs from sales to quoting often going past the 5:00 pm closing time . Learning informative material for future use was often quite useful. Treatment and respect of warehouse / drivers was a major necessity . Perhaps one of the hardest parts of an operations manager is time management . Never seems to be enough time to do everything . Making / keeping customer base happy is a top priority.
Pros
Health benefits, 401k plans, advancement opportunities
Cons
some long hours involved
a typical workday
Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 27, 2018
parts collection and delivery to various local customers, learned inter-action between contractors, management was well drilled and competent, workplace was neat and tidy, hardest part of the job was the traffic on the roads, most enjoyably was friday at quitting time.
Pros
reasonably good salary
Cons
some very heavy piping and pvc tubing deliveries/ pickups
Good place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 22, 2018
I like everyone here but just didn't have a place to put me the driver's position is really easy I can go back when they open up their new store they said to keep in contact
Pros
Good people
Cons
Good benefits
Upper Management Has Some Minor Issues overall Good However
Inside Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 22, 2018
Overall culture is good, focused in training ans supporting employees to help make them informed and successful. Upper management however has some issues with compensation, motivation, and job task balance. Overall good place to work.
its ok
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kennedale, TXApril 26, 2018
its an ok company to work for. they are no were near competitive with salary as an outside sales person. also being outside you never really get to work outside I mean you do but most of the time your stuck at the branch taking care of it. more times than not you make your own deliveries. the store model is completely different. if you have bigger customers you don't really want to service them as you won't have the material in your store you will have to go find it. MICRO MICRO MANAGEMENT. as a salesman you should be able to go out and cold call, b2b, and keep a strong relationship with your customers and you can't because theres not enough staff at your store. sales people shouldn't even be in the store but possible a couple hours a week. they will try to throw out how they want you to sale. and not how your used to selling. and expect it to work out. you need customers that can either wait for their material or customers that have projects were the material is shipped direct.
Pros
you get a company vehicle and gas card to cover for the low salary
Cons
MICRO MANAGEMENT. if you don't like micro management you won't like working here

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Electric Supply. Our community is ready to answer.