City Electric Supply Employee Reviews

great company
Sales Rep and Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 14, 2018
Great, family owned company. I was there for several years and I highly recommend them to anyone. Excellent management and excellent opportunities for growth.
It pays the bills
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAAugust 7, 2018
It is for someone who has worked in the electric field who knows A lot about electric parts helping customers pulling orders answering phone delivering
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
Health care after 90 days
favoritism showed by ,management and poor communication
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLAugust 5, 2018
There was no organization very poor communication and favoritism showed to one employee. Was not honest in the hiring process about the security of the position
Toxic Working Enviorment
Sales Counter / warehouse (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLAugust 3, 2018
If you want to be yelled at on a daily basis and be told to eat your lunch in a 100 degree warehouse, and your motivation to learn the day to day operations is.... if you don't learn the position within the 90 day trial period , you will be let go
very stressful work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 30, 2018
Most of the people i worked with at City Electric were very good people, but the workload for the one warehouse attendant that they will hire is more than i could handle, unrealistic time constraints on picking for customers left me grabbing the wrong products most of the time and rushing it out to their work site only to tell me that i grabbed them the wrong item and the store's outdated way of taking orders also caused mistakes too.
Pros
good people
Cons
workload, stressful, pay, no vacation
A great place to work (if you know electrical work)
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Lake Villa, ILJuly 16, 2018
I jumped into this job because i was in the process of moving to Virginia to Wisconsin.

Its a very good place to work if you know your stuff and have a true desire for electric work.

but if you don't have a desire for it, it can make the job really hard to deal with.
A day at City Electric Supply
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJuly 6, 2018
Days usually start early between 6:30 and 7:00 am with the loading of delivery trucks . Customer service / sales often starts at the same time . My day normally consisted of purchasing materials , warehouse management , taking care of customer needs from sales to quoting often going past the 5:00 pm closing time . Learning informative material for future use was often quite useful. Treatment and respect of warehouse / drivers was a major necessity . Perhaps one of the hardest parts of an operations manager is time management . Never seems to be enough time to do everything . Making / keeping customer base happy is a top priority.
Pros
Health benefits, 401k plans, advancement opportunities
Cons
some long hours involved
a typical workday
Warehouseman (Current Employee) –  West Chester, PAJune 27, 2018
parts collection and delivery to various local customers, learned inter-action between contractors, management was well drilled and competent, workplace was neat and tidy, hardest part of the job was the traffic on the roads, most enjoyably was friday at quitting time.
Pros
reasonably good salary
Cons
some very heavy piping and pvc tubing deliveries/ pickups
Good place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 22, 2018
I like everyone here but just didn't have a place to put me the driver's position is really easy I can go back when they open up their new store they said to keep in contact
Pros
Good people
Cons
Good benefits
Upper Management Has Some Minor Issues overall Good However
Inside Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 22, 2018
Overall culture is good, focused in training ans supporting employees to help make them informed and successful. Upper management however has some issues with compensation, motivation, and job task balance. Overall good place to work.
its ok
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kennedale, TXApril 26, 2018
its an ok company to work for. they are no were near competitive with salary as an outside sales person. also being outside you never really get to work outside I mean you do but most of the time your stuck at the branch taking care of it. more times than not you make your own deliveries. the store model is completely different. if you have bigger customers you don't really want to service them as you won't have the material in your store you will have to go find it. MICRO MICRO MANAGEMENT. as a salesman you should be able to go out and cold call, b2b, and keep a strong relationship with your customers and you can't because theres not enough staff at your store. sales people shouldn't even be in the store but possible a couple hours a week. they will try to throw out how they want you to sale. and not how your used to selling. and expect it to work out. you need customers that can either wait for their material or customers that have projects were the material is shipped direct.
Pros
you get a company vehicle and gas card to cover for the low salary
Cons
MICRO MANAGEMENT. if you don't like micro management you won't like working here
keeps you busy
Warehouse/Customer Service/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 19, 2018
Promise a lot but does not come through. Takes time to build up vacation. Your pay plus your bonus at the year end. Good discount. The building is ran down.
fast paced work enviorment
Warehouse/Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, MDApril 18, 2018
always room for overtime and ability to learn about electrical supplies and their works and the ability to drive all over the place and meet new people
Pros
year end bonus
Cons
limited sick time
City Electric Supply
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 31, 2018
I was Group Office Manager. I handle all the official paperwork and in-house accounting. Created all operational system, train employees, and process all office invoices.
Busy workplace with annual bonuses
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMarch 28, 2018
You work the same hours Monday through Friday. You get an annual profit sharing bonus. The team I worked with was amazing and very skilled at what we did. You sell and deliver electrical parts to contractors. It was alright.
very busy
Accountant Receivable Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 15, 2018
very busy dealt with 67 locations at one time more. the commute to work from where i live was very stressful, i needed to find something closer to home fro my children.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
health care
Growing and Learning from good Management
Sales (Current Employee) –  Galveston, TXMarch 14, 2018
The Manager at my Branch makes it all easier to understand the business. He is always there and is very good to all of us. He never fails to work every position and works on Saturdays as well.

I have learned how to be strong and confident and I do not doubt myself as much anymore when I quote or give an answer to a customer.

The hardest part of the job is making sure inventory is under perfect control and that my customers pay their bill.

The most enjoyable is the Branch Manager. He is sympathetic to those of us that need to learn what he knows. And he makes the day fun by making jokes and buying us lunch. He is the biggest reason I am here. I feel as though I will have the opportunity to move up sooner than later, once I have learned more.
Pros
Job security at my branch. Insurance, time off when needed and bouses!
Cons
Pay could be better.
Opportunities are endless
Branch manager (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 28, 2018
Started as a warehouse worker. One year later I was a stores manager, 4.5 years after that I was a branch manager at a new branch. The opportunities are endless, if you put in the work. have the freedom to do what we feel is best for our branch, with very little restrictions from management. You get the benefits of a family owned business, with the power of a large corporation. The company vehicles are awesome
Pros
Great pay for productive branches, endless opportunities, hands off management, excellent company vehicles
Cons
Accounting is frustrating, computers are dated, the opporations aren’t quite polished, base pay can be on the low side depending on where you live
Productive and cool workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2018
It was good to learn about different electrical parts light bulbs the different ways that you can wire systems homes buildings different kind of wires
Relaxed place to work with good people.
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCFebruary 7, 2018
Great place to work with good people. Good opportunity for career advancement. Customers treat you with the respect that you deserve. Coworkers seem to really care about one another.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Electric Supply. Our community is ready to answer.