City Floral Garden Center

City Floral Garden Center: 7 Employee Reviews

United States7 reviews

City Floral Garden Center insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Managers talk bad about employees and customers.

I had many things turn me away from this job almost immediately after I started. They were not as put together as they seemed and throughout my time, there were many safety concerns that to my knowledge (a few days after leaving) have still not been addressed. If you don’t know how to do something expect to be treated like you are incompetent. Thank god for my other coworkers that I used as a crutch when dealing with an unhappy customer. If you feel uncomfortable with a customer they advise you just step away even though the managers aren’t there to support you.

Cons

Management has a long way to go, toxic culture, unsafe workplace

Great 1st job for teenagers/young adults.

I agree with it being a wonderful first job or part-time job for college student. Management absolutely has favorites like the person above mentioned. Thank goodness they are typically very kind to the younger kids and I’ll give them that. It’s exhilarating to work in such a large greenhouse with so much interesting and diverse inventory. Very physically taxing work depending on where you’re placed. Otherwise management is disrespectful to both employees and customers alike. I’ve personally never been treated as poorly as I was at City Floral. I often witnessed managers being demeaning to co workers and shockingly rude and obviously miffed at customers who were asking valid questions. Low pay with lots of promises. Good benefits if you last long enough. I gave 100% every day for many years but the company culture and low pay drove me to leave.

Pros

Working with plants, wonderful co-workers

Cons

Everything else

Hidden garden gem in the middle of a bustling city!

With so much character and history, City Floral is a treasured community partner and retail establishment, near and dear to many hearts. Not only is it a fun place to shop, but it is a beautiful place to work and learn a great deal about both interior and outdoor gardening endeavors. The work is often fast paced and ever-changing with the seasons and holidays. The staff is knowledgeable and helpful. This is a great opportunity to work as a team with like-minded people who have interests in providing excellent customer service, and sharing knowledge and love for plants and flowers!

Pros

wealth of plants and products especially those that are unique and fun

Cons

sometimes long hours

Many opportunities to advance and learn.

Everyday is different at City Floral. Customer service is key in our day to day work and is actually a lot of fun. We learn from our customers just as much as we teach them and we have fun building personal relationships with them. We work strongly as a team with each other and with management. We work long hard hours at certain times of the year, but it is all worth it to work in this beautiful and ever changing industry.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

A beautiful place to work!

City Floral is an intensely seasonal business, which works well for me. I look forward to the spring season and I'm just as happy to see it end. Learning how to pace yourself in this type of business is one of the hardest parts of the job. In the busy times of the year, the job is very physical, fast-paced and the days are long but I enjoy the challenge.The opportunity to continue to learn about plants never ends and we all get very excited when we get to see something new.

Pros

Free plants, plant allowence

Cons

It's hard work

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

We like to have fun together while helping our customers become better gardeners and plant owners in general.

I rarely go an entire day without learning something new. All of my peers are extremely inclusive and supportive.It is a very physical job.Spending a lot of time outdoors is definitely a huge perk!

Pros

City Floral

Cons

City Floral

Great Place to Work

City Floral is fast paced. You need to have thick skin to work here. Management is very direct, but you'll learn a lot if you don't take things personally. The management and full-time employment staff is very talented, knowledgeable and skilled.I think highly of the owners and management at City Floral. They were very kind to me and I learned a lot while working there.

Pros

Room to grow.

Cons

Can be a stressful environment.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at City Floral Garden Center?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Floral Garden Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

City Floral Garden Center Reviews by Location

• City Floral Garden Center
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?