City Floral Garden Center

City Floral Garden Center Pay & Benefits reviews

United States7 reviews

Clear
4.2Pay & Benefits

Great 1st job for teenagers/young adults.

I agree with it being a wonderful first job or part-time job for college student. Management absolutely has favorites like the person above mentioned. Thank goodness they are typically very kind to the younger kids and I’ll give them that. It’s exhilarating to work in such a large greenhouse with so much interesting and diverse inventory. Very physically taxing work depending on where you’re placed. Otherwise management is disrespectful to both employees and customers alike. I’ve personally never been treated as poorly as I was at City Floral. I often witnessed managers being demeaning to co workers and shockingly rude and obviously miffed at customers who were asking valid questions. Low pay with lots of promises. Good benefits if you last long enough. I gave 100% every day for many years but the company culture and low pay drove me to leave.

Pros

Working with plants, wonderful co-workers

Cons

Everything else

Many opportunities to advance and learn.

Everyday is different at City Floral. Customer service is key in our day to day work and is actually a lot of fun. We learn from our customers just as much as we teach them and we have fun building personal relationships with them. We work strongly as a team with each other and with management. We work long hard hours at certain times of the year, but it is all worth it to work in this beautiful and ever changing industry.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

We like to have fun together while helping our customers become better gardeners and plant owners in general.

I rarely go an entire day without learning something new. All of my peers are extremely inclusive and supportive.It is a very physical job.Spending a lot of time outdoors is definitely a huge perk!

Pros

City Floral

Cons

City Floral

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Floral Garden Center. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits