City Market
62Average

City Market Employee Reviews

United States321 reviews
Love working there everyone was really nice and fun to be around... wish the Schedule is more flexible. Made love of friends and now everytime I go there everyone just is very nice to me...
The HR was abusive physically and emotionally. If you complain you are the problem. The GM will threaten you with your job, and act like it is the best in the world. The insurance is the only thing worth having there.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Employees. Bosses. Hours. Schedule
always understaffed, management was sloppy, discount was good, co workers were pretty good. there was alot of issues with management and them not being reliable, open to change, or available at all sometimes to talk
The good is the hours, the work is pretty organized and easy, they have a way better system than Walmart, most the employees are nice. The bad part are the management, the fact that they won’t move you up even if uoh work you’re butt off and the manipulation of management
As much as the company likes to promote that they care about their associates, I see them turn over an amazing amount of people who are good and hard workers and run them ragged until they quit the job because they get stuck in the lowest paying positions with no room to move up. They will hire in mass and then just hope half of the work staff they no longer need will just quit as they cut their hours down to bare minimum wages.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
This was a difficult position. Pay was not enough for where I lived, benefits were almost non-existing. However the people were great to work with. This is a great starting job for a young person but not for someone with a family.
Great place to work. Always busy but working with the customers to resolve their issues was very rewarding. Management was great to work with. Highly recommended.
I love it there. I made some great friends. My boss has always encouraged me to be better and work harder. I have learned alot about myself working here.
it got me through college but not the greatest company. wanted to find something more challenging. management worked well with my schedule though. overall good company.
Respeto entre empleados y dese pequeños en el trabajo puntualidad en horas de trabajo y u desempeño bien en el trabajo y estabilidad estable
the one good thing about working here would be that most of the employees are good to work with, but that is about it. on a typical day you would come in and depending on whether you were on management's good side you would get ether 0-2 cart hours or if you were on there bad side you would get 2-4 cart hours. on the inside you have to bag, cheek, clean, put things back when customers didn't want them, take out the trash, and anything else that management didn't want to do. management was pretty bad all around, there were some good managers who showed you respect but most of them thought that they could make you do whatever they wanted and showed no respect. if you were on the managers god side then you could basically do nothing wrong and stand there and talk with them. if you were on there bad side you got blamed for everything, had to make up for others short comings and do all the things management didn't want to do. they also are lacking on the equipment front, they would blame us for faulty equipment or flat out not have any equipment to use. on multiple occasions the employees had to buy equipment to use. over all this is not a god place to work and if possible try to avoid working here.
Most associates and managers were cool. There was one a couple that would routinely try to throw you under the bus when things didn't go as planned. They ordered way too much and we threw away hundreds of pounds of fresh fruits and vegetables every week. Never saw so much waste in my life. Customers were rarely appreciative of how hard you work and constantly complain about prices.
Learned how to work and keep going. Kept up a good pace and bagged lots of groceries. Good people to work with and to learn from. Good place for g
First job.
Everyone was always laughing. They all also helped everyone and didnt leave anyone alone to figure it out.All of the mangers had good work experience and loved there job.
there employes come last, i couldn't even get time off when my wife was in I.C.U for 4 days, after having liver transplant surgery. So instead of being with her while she recovered i was given the ultimatum. i was asked by my manager wat was more important? my job or my wife.
Although the department management was amazing the store manager was not. He did not care about the emloyees he only cared about the numbers and how he looked to the higher up bosses. The department managers were amazing
My coworkers and managers were always super nice and helpful. When I first started out if I needed help I wasn't afraid to ask because everyone was polite and know I didn't know what I was doing. This job helped prepare for upcoming jobs.
Aprendes a tratar a los clientes, manejar al personal, organizarte y a trabajar bajo resultados
Enjoyable. Loved what the company motto for encouraging staff to intermingle with the customer base. Made for a more than agreeable work environment. Thanks so much.
I did not enjoy the management because they would choose their favorites. I wanted to work in a place where everyone was seen equally. I was told to do something by one manager then the other would get mad.
It has high demand on both production and customer service. The atmosphere was stressful but calm for the most part. Cleanliness is important but hard but achievable
Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Market. Our community is ready to answer.