City Market Employee Reviews

overall is very stressful place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Alamosa, COSeptember 17, 2018
it used to be a good company but management can make it a very stressful place to work. there is not separation of personal life and work. they are under the impression that they can tell you what to do on your own time....im sorry but you do not pay enough for that.
I’ve worked at city market 408 for years and not a good environment.
Produce Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cortez, COSeptember 5, 2018
The management staff will always play favorites and will never truly help out any department. One manager will only yell and associates for minor issues instead of having a two sided conversation with one another and give a reason why they should do it one way rather another. Everyone in this store is only in it for themselves instead of one another you can’t ask for help unless you are ready to be blamed for nothing in their department getting done because they helped you one time.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Short breaks bad atmosphere and no feeling of accomplishment
Good family friendly enviroment
CRM and Night Foreman (Former Employee) –  Aspen, COAugust 26, 2018
Great place to work were co-workers bond with each other. The pay was good and the benefits were second to none. The management was great to work for but unless you were married and both couples worked you couldn't afford to buy a home in that area.
Pros
Great with Customer Service
Cons
As a cashier I got to interact with customers, and develope friendships.
Cashier / Stocker (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 17, 2018
While working for City Market, I had to learn so much in a small amount of time. It was somewhat fast pace, and slow pace. Management was okay at first till I begain to ask for a raise, and it was quickly overlooked. I made it clear that I had to leave eventually, cause of the lack of no raise when promised to me.
Pros
Friendship, and communication frequently.
Cons
Short breaks, less pay, and unfairly consideration.
Very Stressful
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Rifle, COAugust 15, 2018
I did not like this job. It was very rushed sometimes and my coworkers were not so friendly. The schedule was very scrambled. It was unorganized and I had to work doing other peoples' jobs although I don't think I was trained properly for the job.
great place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 15, 2018
I worked for City Market for 18 year's total. I loved it. I loved getting up every morning to go to work. Good management . great place to work. Grocery business is very fast passed work. Every one has need's.
Pros
paid vacation's. Benenfit's
Great steady job for just about anyone
Grand junction (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 13, 2018
Have worked for city market for over 5 years and its been great. The downside of the business is that holidays are extremely busy and stressful. Due to high product volume the work spaces are confined and hard to work through. The pace of the job is fast. The managment team is very pressing to accomplish goals. The stress level of the job can be overwhelming at times.
Loved working there
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Cañon City, COAugust 4, 2018
Loved the crew miss working there very friendly staff easy store to shop at going to miss everyone wish incould go back very good store to work with thank u
great place to work
Curtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Castle, COAugust 3, 2018
people costumers and coworkers were awesome. Co workers helped each other in more ways then just work. they also emotionally support anyone having a bad day. working at city marker is like working with one big happy family
Deli/clerk (Former Employee) –  Moab, UTJuly 20, 2018
Its a good job great people it's crazy in moab utah lots of tourist go through so its always busy but a wonderful place to work and fast past deli I totally miss it.
Pros
Great place all togethers
Cons
Some people are just hard to understand
Decent Benefits, Some of the coworkers are not great
General Merchandise Clerk (Current Employee) –  Gunnison, COJuly 16, 2018
I usually worked load days and sorted the load in the morning. It wasn't typically very hard. Getting the load done on time and doing some of the heavy lifting was hard sometimes but not too hard.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No free lunches or many working benefits
This company doesn’t care
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fruita, COJuly 9, 2018
This company would go farther if they put managers in that weren’t so scared of failing with the CEO, that they put fear in the department heads. Nobody wants to go to them. It’s a joke. They don’t care. The managers that were there for years care, the newbies don’t. It’s a power struggle. It’s a joke.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Everyone else
good fun place to work
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 14, 2018
it was a happy work environment , lots of happy people , nice and friendly co-workers. and management, fat paste but good paste , makes the good go by faster . its nice to work at a store because you get discounts, and benefits .
benefits
Cons
sometimes work paste is a little too fast
seafood
Seafood Manger (Former Employee) –  Avon, COJune 7, 2018
Sell more seafood with different varieties. What i've learned from this company were alot of varieties of seafood. The hardest part of this job were to drive customers in to try something new. I enjoyed this business with the work schedule i was given.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
no breaks
very busy work load with decent pay
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Orchard Mesa, COMay 31, 2018
Assist customers with locating items as well as loading and unloading groceries, run cashier, grab carts from outside, cleaning the bathrooms, sweep the store.
Great People
Cashier/Cut-fruit/Produce (Former Employee) –  Durango, COMay 27, 2018
Some of the best people I have ever worked with! I loved working as a cashier and pushing carts - the supervisors appreciate hard workers. It was also fun working in produce with cut fruit, however, they definitely had a staffing issue at the time I worked there and the GMs used to take it out on the little staff they had. Since I left, I heard they replaced the GM - I'm guessing for that reason, so, at least they could see a change needed to be made.
Pros
Best people I have ever worked with!
Cons
Needs better compensation and staff for workers behind the scenes
Fast paced environment.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 27, 2018
City Market isnt the place for young people to go when they have open doors. Its definitely a step up and a good direction to go. But not when young people have other possible careers.
World Market Place
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Moab, UTMay 23, 2018
A typical day of work was quick paced kept you on your toes very busy however there was some down time which we were expected to clean stock and retrieve inventory.

Leaned how to make different coffee combinations.
The management was excellent they collaborated with me and were accommodating.
The hardest part was the closing shift
Opening shift was easy and I really enjoyed meeting people from all over the world and providing them with the best customer service.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
short breaks
Terrible work environment. Worst job I've ever had.
Night Foreman (Former Employee) –  Glenwood Springs, COMay 23, 2018
Typical corporate environment. They don't provide the help necessary to get the job done on time but they expect it done with no overtime. Its an absolute joke. Poor management and attitudes. Constant back stabbing and "high school" mentality. Its no wonder they cant keep anyone. If your looking to be set up for failure day after day then this is the job for you.
good place to work
Checker (Former Employee) –  Durango, COMay 21, 2018
Management was always available

Hardest part of the job was the constant pressure to do more and faster.
The co workers were wonderful, supportive and always there for you.
Pros
food discounts on store brands. and Health insurance
Cons
if you have any workmans comp. they try to get rid of you. once gone, never rehire.