City National Bank & Trust Employee Reviews

Lack of communication
Loan Administration (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 13, 2019
Everything that you would want to know about your raise and the process is clearly a secret and when asked you get the run around. They do not make it clear that the evaluations are not done on your anniversary date but done quarterly so it could be anywhere from 1-4 months after your anniversary.
The environment is what you make of it, and it could make or break you as an individual.
Relaxed and collected workplace
Loan payment clerk (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 22, 2019
Everyone welcomed me with smiling faces, it’s more of a job focused on you not your coworkers. You have your tasks for the day put in order and that’s all you have to worry about.
Pros
You’re at a desk worried about what you’re doing
Cons
Limited communication
Please dont do it to yourself
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 21, 2019
Worst place I've ever worked. Poor management. Only worried about putting money in their pockets. Absolutely no understanding that life happens. Your newborn is sick? Tough luck, better be at work.. Doesn't matter a daycare won't take them. Wrecked your car? They ask when you'll be in that day. All sales, far from being as "family oriented" as they claim. They don't care what you do for the company or customers, you're nothing but a sales number. Want dental and vision insurance? You're better off just paying for the visits, you'll SAVE money. And health insurance? The equivalent of a rent payment every month. DON'T PUT YOURSELF THROUGH IT.
Pros
Cons
everything. This company is a nightmare.
Trainer/ Call Center Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 5, 2019
Great place to work. Room for advancement. Cooperative , team environment encouraged. Interdepartment relationships are importatnt for enjoyable customer expericence
never work here
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 4, 2018
trash company to work for actual bank is great. Managers are horrible and dont care about employees.you are expected to know how to be a banker with the little training and no guidance after training.paychecks always are short and getting the money owed is close to impossible.
Fun workplace
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKNovember 26, 2018
CNB was a great environment to work at. We lacked a manager 85 % of the time so it was a challenge to keep the back structured. Most of our challenges were not having the correct information since most of the TM's were under training due to high retention rates.
Pros
Fun plact to work, flexible hours
Cons
No manager
Cnb
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKOctober 26, 2018
The supervisor were rude other departments were rude the customers were even ruder and you have to deal with that all for $10 an hour. Dress code is rediculous and they micromanage like no other.
Pros
Getting paid
Cons
Very stressful job
first finance job
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 17, 2018
You have to always remember your first job, and smile how far you've progressed for yourself. This was that first job for me. Met some nice people. They would take you out for lunch during training.
Pros
nice people, family orientated
Cons
retail hours
Wonderful place to work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 3, 2018
This was a fantastic place to work. I only wish that I could have worked there longer. The people were exceptional to work for and with. This company has pride in their business. They maintain a sophisticated yet home-like atmosphere for customers and employees alike.
Pros
Break room
Worst job i have ever had.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 12, 2018
the management does not care at all about the employees. every little mistake is held against you. your time and happiness does not matter to them. they take things away from you and laugh about it later when you complain about no notice of changes. they changed the dress code one day and did not tell me and i got sent home. they took our chairs out of our stations one day and did not inform us before hand, so that we could wear the appropriate shoes. we were understaffed the entire time i worked there and they did not seem concerned, until they saw the over time.
Review summary
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 24, 2018
Counting money, opening and closing acounts. Making phone calls to customer support for techincal support. Welcoming customer, making deposits and verifying accounts and checks
Pros
Nice Co-Workers
Cons
No time off
decent working enviorment
Retail Banker (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 18, 2018
a typical work day at city national bank and trust consist of preforming many teller cash transactions. i learned a lot but the management was honest;y poor. culture of the workplace is great cool employees.
Flexible
Personal Banker, Customer service (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 13, 2018
Flexible place, good place for great sales person not for people don't like standing all day. the hardest part of the job is standing all day in long hours.
Great experience for banking.
Retail Banker (TEMP) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 26, 2018
Lots of hands on experience, as in do it yourself. You are the customer's right hand when it comes to banking. You go through all the processes that they need directly with them.
Great
Cutomer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKFebruary 20, 2018
Great, treated their employees fair and fair hours and benefits. paid vacation sick leave family oriented also they have family days also. rotating weekends.
Pros
work family
Cons
working weekends
Good Place to work for but could be better
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 6, 2018
company culture is acceptable, work load is crazy and management used to completely arrogant except for one last change, overall it's a good company to work for.
city national bank
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Miami, OKJanuary 30, 2018
fast paced, told to lie to customers, coworkers were nice, more worried about getting new customers then taking care of the customers they have. makes you both customers at walmart.
Pros
Cons
all
Productive and fun environment
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 15, 2018
My direct manager was great to work for. But at times I felt like those above her we not always as supportive of our branch in ensuring that we were able to be as successful as some of the other offices in our location. Rather than that City National Bank is a great bank to work for the customer are friendly and my co-workers were awesome to work with.
Pros
A person has the opportunity to learn a lot about how the banking system works. t it.
the company says one thing but does another
Teller (Former Employee) –  Tulsa County, OKJanuary 6, 2018
City National says they're all about building relationships with the client but really they're all about the sales and will pressure you to get the most out of the client while at the same time making it impossible to keep the relationships that you do build with your clients. Not to mention the benefits barley cover anything if not nothing at all.
Pros
Cons
healthcare
High Stress and Not worth the Time
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKJanuary 6, 2018
The company does not care for its employees. Managment is very charismatic with no substance behind their words. However, my direct co-workers were great people, and some of them I would consider lifelong friends
Pros
Flexibly work with schedule
Cons
Short Breaks, No Job Security, Lack of Proper Training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City National Bank & Trust. Our community is ready to answer.