City National Bank & Trust

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Sad, but can be a great place to work if....

If managers understood their area of responsibility and how it impacts other areas. If you have a manager who is knowledgeable and gracious. There are a few... very few. Working with other managers is the most challenging task because they do not truly understand the purpose of their job, how it effects others, and how banking rules apply. Benefits are reasonable. Pay is reasonable for the area, but still on the lower end. Family environment exists but not for all. I happen to be blessed with a great position, great employees, and it's a great fit for me! If only everyone could have such an experience.

Pros

Flexible work hours/benefits for favored long term employees

Cons

Knowledge hoarders, Narcissistic leaders, Promotions by favoritism not qualifications

Poor place to work

Customers are difficult and rude to deal with in customer service, pay is poor, hours are not consistent no matter how much they tell you that you will have a set schedule, not somewhere I would ever recommend working.

Was able to learn a lot about banking at this job. Enjoyed my time there and would return if the pay was better. Great work environment however the compensation was not equivalent to the work demand.

Good job.

I was not at City National Bank for a long period as I had to relocate to Shreveport Louisiana. Over all a good job, good hours and fair pay. Enjoyed being there.

Competitive and fun

-good friendly environment -good customer service -good management -respectful employees -build relationships with coworkers and employees -good benefits

Pros

It’s ok

Great Place to Work

Loved my job! Great people and great environment. Wouldn't have left if I didn't have extenuating circumstances. Would recommend this for any person looking for career growth!

A very good bank to learn most depts in a commercial bank

Learning bank procedures in most depts will give well rounded knowledge that translates to future jobs. This was very valuable to me being ahead of most peers

Pros

Experience and contacts

Cons

Lack of employment benefits

Great place to get banking experience

If you are wanting to learn more about the banking industry, CNB is a great place to work. Management tries hard to organize activities for employees and gives holiday bonuses.

Hostile environment

The environment is very hostile and closed minded. HR will not do anything even after several complaints about the leadership and culture. There is no personal growth there.

Work Place

Great environment. Management is awesome. those higher up are very easy to talk to. the whole company is like one big happy family. the pay and incentives are even better.

Great family oriented work environment

It was a pleasure working for this company. The employees were humble and the management staff was always great with guidance for the new employees. It was a great work family to be a part of.

Great company

Excellent bank, steeped in a rich culture for helping to put Lawton on the map. Senior management works diligently to ensure employees at all levels balance work and personal life.

Pros

Excellent senior management

Cons

Immature retail banker staff

Good atmosphere

A typical day you review loan requests, if approved you prepare loan documents, if not you complete the denial process. There was an overall good atmosphere.

it was ok

It was a good place to work if you have no life. you work from 9 to 7 and if you have family emergiencies come up its like they dont care at all. then you have to wait a year before you can even transfer to a different department when others is less and we got paid less as Customer service and had to work holidays when other departments didnt.

Awesome Company

Awesome place to work. Would recommend to anyone with sales experience. The company culture is very family oriented and caring. Community activist!

Productive and Fun Place to work

CNB is a very cool place to work. Something always to do. Customers are great. Alot of branches placed in a Wal-Mart. Constant flow of people coming in and out really was a great part of the job.

Pros

Commission

Cons

Standing all day.

Life at CNB

I would not work for CNB again. They do not care about the employees. They do give you decent benefits. They need to pay more for what you do.

Great company to work for to balance life and work.

A typical day at work, fluctuated from day to day. I learned that I can face any challenge, no matter how hard they may be. Management was in transitioned when came aboard. My co-workers were fun to work with at times. The a hardest part of my was the banking hours were not traditional. The most enjoyable part of my job is what I learned as a banker and I enjoyed every moment of it.

Great work place with friendly co-workers

City National kept you very busy. There was plenty of opportunities to advance to different positions. The customers kept us smiling and laughing. I learned quite a bit working here.

Pros

Fundraisers in the community, free lunches, getting to wear jeans on certain days

Cons

Short handed a majority of the time, turnover rate was too high in my opinion

Overall all this is a great place to work. They truly care about their employees. Great training and great incentives. Benefits are okay.

I really enjoyed working there. Good people to work with and pleasant atmosphere.

Arrive ready to work, and start sorting checks to the bank they were written from. I learned the importance of balancing the numbers. I enjoyed getting to know management and co-workers. The hardest part of the job was not being balanced at the end of the day. We had to stay until they all balanced. That didn't happen often, but when it did we would stay till the mistake/mistakes were found and corrected! I enjoy working with numbers and getting to know those around me!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City National Bank & Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• City National Bank & Trust
  • Lawton, OK
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?