City National Bank of West Virginia Employee Reviews

We had alot of fun but met or exceeded our monthly goals.
Senior Teller/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYNovember 29, 2018
I worked at a branch inside a Wal Mart store. I loved the ladies I worked with. I knew a lot of my customers personally and loved waiting on them. The hardest part was when you had to tell a customer no. I always tried to solve their problems. I had to leave this job because my dad was diagnosed with cancer and my mom with dementia. I had to move back home to Ohio so I could help with their care.
Pros
We get a lunch break and two other shorter breaks.
Cons
The medical insurance was not so great and pricy.
Could be a great place to work
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ripley, WVJanuary 23, 2018
Stressful, but the people I personally worked with were wonderful.
The hardest part of the job was trying to be quick enough to get people in and out of there without making mistakes, but was always shorthanded.
City is an employer of choice in WV
Assistant Vice President & Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVNovember 1, 2017
City is a great and upcoming company. The executive management team are intelligent and have integrity. City is very connected to the community and encourage the employees to serve the community.
Pros
Great executive management
Cons
Lack of career growth
City
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Point Pleasant, WVOctober 30, 2017
It was a good place to work besides the room for job advancements and low pay. Benefits were good and the management was great to work for. I would consider working there again as long as I received a better position than CSR
Pros
benefits, relaxed work environment
Cons
no room for advancement
ok for a first job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cross Lanes, WVOctober 16, 2017
There isn't much room for advancement. People have stayed in their positions for years, so not likely for you to gain on. The raises are less than a quarter on the hour. They don't seem to care about their employees.
Fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 16, 2017
City National Bank provides a fun working environment, although fast paced and sometimes stressful. Great team environment, with friendly and helpful management.
Good Entry Level Position
Part Time Teller to Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milton, WVOctober 13, 2017
Good entry level position for someone looking to gain some generic business experience. Management is lackluster and unsupportive of front-line employees. Otherwise, good hours you will generally work two Saturdays a month. Several paid holidays and vacation time accrues quickly.
Pros
Weekends off after 12 on Saturday, All Holidays off
Cons
Poor Pay, Poor Management
It was like you were in high school no wait kindergarten
Teller (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVOctober 1, 2017
Awful place to work. If you wasn't in the click you were singled out . Regional manager was a joke and should retire. They do not care about their employees at all. The pay sucked. A lot of he said she said going on. Do not waste your time with City , a complete joke of a company.
Pros
Vacation time
Cons
Horrible management
Great company to work for!
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  South Charleston, WVJune 29, 2017
I loved working for City National Bank. Great management, great co workers. Compensation was decent, but time off and healthcare coverage wasn't as good as I expected.
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Cost of healthcare and not enough time off
Awful place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gassaway, WVJune 27, 2017
I was hired for a part time position, but they worked me 2 hours less than full time so they didn't have to give vacation days or sick days. To ask for a day off for any kind of personal appointment for me or my children, they wanted me wait until I was there for a year. Employees and supervisor was extremely rude. Not a good place to work for a working mother.
Pros
Cons
no time off EVER
Good regional bank.
Commercial Banking Associate (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVApril 12, 2017
Commercial Banking Associate was a entry level position with focus on loan analysis, customer interactions, and internal procedures.
Good management with a work culture that fostered inter-department learning.
Employee's are taken care of
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Inwood, WVMarch 22, 2017
City National bank not only cares about their customers, but also their employee's as well. They make sure that the employee's have what they need in order to make advancements within the company.
My job preference is banking
Personal Banker / Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cross Lanes, WVMarch 17, 2017
I worked in banking several years and really enjoyed. My co-workers where like family. I loved working with the public and helping them with their financial needs.
Pros
Helping the customer
Cons
Low pay
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sutton, WV 26601February 22, 2017
Do daily morning deposits
Greeting customers and provide account services to the account holder.
Cashing checks, depositing checks, money, and money orders.
Counting drawer at end of day to balance.
Great Place to Work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVFebruary 11, 2017
recommend City National bank to anyone looking for a solid company to work for with a great brand and rapport built within the community. Everyone locally would recognize City National as being a long standing honest bank within the community
Fast paced environment repetitive work
Part Time Teller to Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Milton, WVAugust 29, 2016
Ok for a temporary job while in school would not recommend long term. Typical day consisted of debit and credit transactions while also trying to sell accounts to new customers. Some work days were slow and others were very overwhelming there was not a good balance.
Pros
Some positive hardworking employees
Cons
Management involvment was weak and unpresent most of the time.
Good entry level teller job.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, WVJune 21, 2016
Good place to kick off career. Training provided. Limited room for advancement and pay increases. Does provide benefits.
Good Atmosphere, clean, nice people to work with
Deposit Ops (Former Employee) –  Cross Lanes, WVJanuary 26, 2016
Somewhat busy days learning to enter non-post. Co-workers were easy and friendly to work with. Management was very easy to talk to and listened intently. Hardest part of job was learning the specifics to the job in a short matter of time. I loved the people that I worked with and the job itself.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Does not work well with employees in supplies that are needed, (chairs)
City National Bank is Excellent
Teller (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, WVSeptember 21, 2015
City National Bank is a wonderful company located throughout West Virginia, Kentucky, Ohio, and Virginia. Their main goal is to strive for complete excellence within the company and to their customers.

City Holding Company was ranked in the top ten of the Best Banks in America in its peer group by Bank Director Magazine's 2014 Bank Performance Scorecard.
down to earth
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 30, 2015
i very much enjoyed banking due to the customers and the co workers. even when work crew had come it was like a big family really I just loved it and being able to help people in a hard time
Pros
free coffee like GOOD coffee
Cons
lunch only 30 mins so hard get food and actully enjoy it