City National Bank
59Below average

City National Bank Employee Reviews

United States269 reviews
I really liked working here. I was always busy and had a great list of fellow co-workers as well as clients. I liked the company so much that I referred a fellow former Ralphs co-worker who also go hired with the company.
Pros
Work Schedule (Weekends Off) Competitive Pay. Good Benefits
Cons
No Room For Advancement. Inconsistent Management.
I am actually the only person with any ethnicity at my job and I feel I don’t belong I feel singled out all the time and my supervisor and coworkers loves to bump heads with me. i got called a racial slur while at work , my supervisor argued with me on more than one occasion because i don’t support trump. It’s not a place for me to be. Im on search for a new job.
Worst job ever all around. Management so mean and makes you feel like your in boot camp. Profanity was used ALL the time. So unprofessional. I felt bullied for not knowing what I was doing. Training was horrible it’s hard to find time to train. Culture there was not for me. It’s high in stress and they just want to do anything for a loan. I wouldn’t even put this job on my resume. I was laid off.
Pros
Pay
Cons
The whole job
I really enjoyed working at CNB. The culture is very friendly and inclusive and the values are old fashioned and stable yet forward looking. There are so many opportunities and if you have the right manager you will truly be at an advantage to grow within the bank and ultimately personally which benefits the bank as well. It’s magical for the employees who have the support of their manager to promote and/or participate in CNB activities.
Pros
So much pride to work at CNB and know that ladder is a symbol of growth
Good EDD reviews and Alerts. Worked with new software. Friendly management team. Friendly staff. Old staff do not like to change their working habits.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Very high stress organization with a FEW overly competitive (aka narcissistic) colleagues / managers willing to aggressively impede the success of subordinates in actions, while distributing platitudes in public. These few knife wielding managers made the job miserably fear driven, and filled with unrealistic timelines and unachievable goals as they knock others down on their climb to the top. Recommend communication, leadership and motivation training for the bad apples who really do spoil the whole bunch. On the positive side, most other people were great; and of the greats, many talk about finding a job with a better culture. High turnover was my observation. SO glad to have found something else.
Everyday I learned something new. Had a motivating management always encouraged to do more being positive about one. The hardest part of the job was our separation when OneAmerica acquired City Nation Bank
My coworkers were mostly supportive and good to work with. There are always that one or two that value themselves over everyone else. The benefits and pay are good and the company is very diverse and they give a lot back to the community. The departments are almost all understaffed and overtime and weekends became the every week norm.
The management was where I had the biggest issue. I was hired saying I would be trained. There was no training and although I constantly asked for help or to shadow someone I always met resistance. One time I asked my Manager if I cannot get training and I need help doing what I am doing and you will not help me how am I going to succeed? Their reply was I don't know. That says it all.
I enjoyed my professional and personal growth during my employment with City National Bank. I worked with some of the most talented and intelligent people in the industry! City’s executive management team are extremely smart and strategic and have made City a bank and employer of choice in it’s market footprint. I highly recommend this company!
A typical work day consisted of struggling to find parking as it was not provided by the employer, first appearance of the building was subpar, not very cleaned and not well maintained.
Managment was well knowledge just not very organized. Instructions were overlapped and assignment were double assigned at times.

Workplace culture was decent, coworkers really try and help you.
In building the Quality Assurance department I was able to implement the needed people,process and technology to support the banks growth. Budgets grew with the need as did tools and technology with the underlying theme to build automation from the beginning. This theme is now key to the foundation of the department. Introduction of agile, CICD, DevOPS, BDD and other processes/methodologies has stayed with the core foundation supporting a strong SDLC process. As the business grew Development needed to align its strategy with that of the business to ensure all were in step supporting the increasing efforts to grow revenue.
Pros
People were very desirable and fun to work with
Cons
My direct manager had limited ability to manage down, and therefore never really participated in providing strategic direction to development department
5/5 good environment and excellent staff members to support and motivation and you get more stuff to learn and add assert to your career path which gives you more explosure
Favoritism is the only reason you’ll get any sort of respect in this department. Managers are NOT fair. There are bosses but NO leaders. Unless you’re best friends with your manager, you can forget about any type of growth. It’s a very uncomfortable and hostile environment. It’s STRESSFUL!! The stress doesn’t match the pay. You will get worked like a slave and hard work with go unnoticed. Managers are condescending and will talk to you like a child, unless you are someone they like. Everyone else is micromanaged. Forget about speaking up about anything that makes you feel uncomfortable because HR is no help either. They will ignore complaints and tell you to try to work it out on your own.
Upper management doesn’t value their employees.
My experience at City National Bank was not very good, was not
treated the same as others, did not get any of my questions

answered, from manager to district manager to CEO.
Day to day work is fine.... tried to learn my best, management is new and less experienced, enjoyed working with the users and other teams. Overall work culture is better.
All different opportunity and good people to work with minus management they way things are being managed is out of this world no time of job security or respect.
Under paid over worked with constant nitpicking and rules that are overkill! Underpaid compared to peers with no local support and lack of team meetings.
Drafted Suspicious Activity Reports (SAR) and substantiating narrative with facts. Conducting end to end review of generated transaction monitoring alerts. Performed reviews of client accounts with red flag alerts.
Meeting set deadline is very paramount to the company.

Workplace culture is inclusive and respectful of everyone.
This is a wonderful family owned company!!! The management team is fully invested with the employees and the community. The training is amazing!! amazing
Every day was a special day at City National Bank. There was a respect and care for each other. Human Resources was always open for employees. We care for the community and our clients. I miss CNB.
Sign in to 3 different computers, answered calls for customers that use banking products, monitor credit card usage, close and reorder new cards, file many accounts, change filling system, call customer to inform of fraud issues, email different departments to update on customers' products.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at City National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at City National Bank.