City National Bank Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Dunbar, WVNovember 12, 2018
Overall fun place to work. Good work- life balance. Everyone is treated fairly and like family. Good work hours. Close to home. Competitive pay for banking.
Pros
Relaxed
Eh
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 26, 2018
Wasn't good or bad. Management was the only reason I stayed. Salary was below market for my position and the health insurance benefits were not very good.
Very family like atmosphere, complimentary coffee and snacks
CSR (Current Employee) –  Buena Vista, VAOctober 15, 2018
I absolutely loved working for City National, at every branch they treat you like family. My manager was the best and very understandable about family issues. Everyone works great as a team.
Pros
everything
Cons
they need to expand all over
City National Bank was a great place to work
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXOctober 11, 2018
I worked at City National when I first relocated to Texas. I worked my way up from teller reconciliation where I counted cash, coins and check imaging to match the teller's logs, to full time bookkeeper. This was a very challenging position. I was responsible for balancing daily checking/cash control logs, Federal Reserve statements and savings bonds. I processed insufficient checks, ATM withdrawals through customers accounts and daily reporting to the Feds. Record keeping and customer service.

Management was hands on and always available for consulting.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the people and friendships that we shared and lived.

The hardest part of my job was leaving the company, I had an emergency back in Maine that needed attention.
Pros
Teamwork, hours
City National Bank
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greenup, KY 41144October 8, 2018
City National is a good company. They offer good benefits and work hours are fair. Most offices are pleasant, although with any job you will at times have conflict. Overall it is a great place to work.
Pros
vacations and flexibility of sick
Cons
policy changes
Good work place
Banking Services Rep IV (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 6, 2018
There might be several bank opportunities within the Bank. I think if you want to transfer to another position within the bank managers will not have a problem.
Apppreciate the opportunity
Loan Closing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 2, 2018
Company is driving to grow in East, they offer pretty good benefits however management is not consistent. Advancement is not there and training is not fluid enough.
Great pay—don’t let that rope you in
Vice President (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 1, 2018
Terrible management, worse training, deceptive leaders, and worse co-workers. Training is non existent and management doesn’t know what they are doing. They will say they don’t push sales but then micromanage every widget until you push what they want. They have ridiculous CRA goals that they only let the employees know about shortly before they were supposed to hit those goals and then held constant calls about how to hit the unreasonable goals. Management claims to be people focused but they promote a culture of deceit and backstabbing. They claim to care about people but belittle them at every opportunity. The best decision I made was to never look back.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, lack of training, disregard for people
Abusive
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 25, 2018
I got pushed , treated badly, manager was a pervert,women were jealous, the employees thought they were better than you.
I only liked the location
The hours were ok
They charged for parking
Office job
Treasury Management Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 16, 2018
Relaxed place to work.
Everyone is polite and helpful.
Feels like a big family.
Room to learn a lot.
Environment is quiet.
Management is patient and understanding.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
mandetory overtime sometimes
Fun work environment
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 10, 2018
City National Bank was a great place of employment. They provide great learning tools to help advance in your career. It was a very fun and productive place to work.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Doesn't provide promotions to advance within company
City National Bank was a wonderful institution to work at
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90014September 6, 2018
I really liked the fast pace atmosphere at the downtown Pershing square Branch. I got to meet a lot of wonderful clients it was very rewarding. I was able to help many people from all walks of life. Thank You
Pros
I really enjoyed our monthly staff meetings
Extreme pressure to sell while making it more difficult to bring in more accounts due to Bank rules and regulations.
Private Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Banking industry changed dramatically after 9/11. Its very difficult to get new clients accounts, so there’s more pressure and competition. At the same time they cut down staff so you are having to do the job of 3 employees and they don’t raise your salary.
Pros
Full time benefits
Cons
Stressful and challenging with not enough pay
Love it
Loan Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 29, 2018
I lover working here the people were very helpful and caring love the pay and benefits that they give I would work for them again very hard to get into the company but once your in your in
Pros
great pay and benifits love the people
Cons
very fast paced you have to stay on your toes
Great people to work with, and overall loving
W Owen K Garriott - Retail Banker (Current Employee) –  Enid, OkAugust 27, 2018
The managers are great to work with and they have a lot of support to help you succeed.
The City National Bank branch support can always answer you questions and help you through procedures and are all lovely.
CNB always cares about saving the customers money and time.
The vibe working with the higher ups it always positive and tries to keeps their employees happy and keep them going. They always motivate the employees with emails and contests per region.
Managers need Training
Loan File Origination Processor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 27, 2018
Manager's need to be the right fit for the position, and need training on how to be managers. Know how to work with different types of personalities. Be open minded
Very productive work place
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 25, 2018
Very busy work place because it was a bank. So we also had to look out for fraud and robbery. It takes complete consecration on your job. No room for areas in count money are deposits are withdrawals. If you make any area in transactions would cause you to find it at closing .So that is why accuracy every day and time.
Pros
Public relation work
Cons
Short breaks
First real full time job loved it
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVAugust 15, 2018
First real full time job rite out of high school couldn’t have asked for the support and the friendly ppl that I worked with and how they treated me once I became pregnant and chose to become a stay at home mom
Very unprofessional
Miami (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 15, 2018
Unprofessional working environment. Working system is very old and outdated. Frustrated with pay that has to be fixed every paycheck due to a system error that insisted in pay me less than my rate.
Call center must remain quiet.
Colleague Service Help Desk! (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2018
At every job, you tend to take some skills with you. I did learn a lot about new software and about myself, my strengths and weaknesses. Call center is really not for everyone.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight