City National Bank Employee Reviews

Fun work environment
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSSeptember 10, 2018
City National Bank was a great place of employment. They provide great learning tools to help advance in your career. It was a very fun and productive place to work.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Doesn't provide promotions to advance within company
City National Bank was a wonderful institution to work at
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90014September 6, 2018
I really liked the fast pace atmosphere at the downtown Pershing square Branch. I got to meet a lot of wonderful clients it was very rewarding. I was able to help many people from all walks of life. Thank You
Pros
I really enjoyed our monthly staff meetings
Extreme pressure to sell while making it more difficult to bring in more accounts due to Bank rules and regulations.
Private Banking Specialist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 5, 2018
Banking industry changed dramatically after 9/11. Its very difficult to get new clients accounts, so there’s more pressure and competition. At the same time they cut down staff so you are having to do the job of 3 employees and they don’t raise your salary.
Pros
Full time benefits
Cons
Stressful and challenging with not enough pay
Love it
Loan Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAAugust 29, 2018
I lover working here the people were very helpful and caring love the pay and benefits that they give I would work for them again very hard to get into the company but once your in your in
Pros
great pay and benifits love the people
Cons
very fast paced you have to stay on your toes
Great people to work with, and overall loving
W Owen K Garriott - Retail Banker (Current Employee) –  Enid, OkAugust 27, 2018
The managers are great to work with and they have a lot of support to help you succeed.
The City National Bank branch support can always answer you questions and help you through procedures and are all lovely.
CNB always cares about saving the customers money and time.
The vibe working with the higher ups it always positive and tries to keeps their employees happy and keep them going. They always motivate the employees with emails and contests per region.
Managers need Training
Loan File Origination Processor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 27, 2018
Manager's need to be the right fit for the position, and need training on how to be managers. Know how to work with different types of personalities. Be open minded
Very productive work place
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 25, 2018
Very busy work place because it was a bank. So we also had to look out for fraud and robbery. It takes complete consecration on your job. No room for areas in count money are deposits are withdrawals. If you make any area in transactions would cause you to find it at closing .So that is why accuracy every day and time.
Pros
Public relation work
Cons
Short breaks
First real full time job loved it
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVAugust 15, 2018
First real full time job rite out of high school couldn’t have asked for the support and the friendly ppl that I worked with and how they treated me once I became pregnant and chose to become a stay at home mom
Very unprofessional
Miami (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 15, 2018
Unprofessional working environment. Working system is very old and outdated. Frustrated with pay that has to be fixed every paycheck due to a system error that insisted in pay me less than my rate.
Call center must remain quiet.
Colleague Service Help Desk! (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2018
At every job, you tend to take some skills with you. I did learn a lot about new software and about myself, my strengths and weaknesses. Call center is really not for everyone.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Short breaks
Uncomfortable with business practices
Document Management (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKAugust 5, 2018
Their non disclosure of business practices to their customers was uncomfortable. I did not feel good about myself while I was a part of this organization.
Pros
lots of branches
Cons
bad disclosure practices
Good company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVJuly 29, 2018
City is a good company to work for. Cannot speak for their benefits because I did not receive the insurance. Management is excellent but some of the employees don't have the right kind of attitude for the job.
Pros
Management, pay, and work schedule
Cons
attitudes of fellow employees
Growing pains
Level 2 Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 27, 2018
They have great, traditional, benefits. Profit sharing/ 401k, paid bank holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, and more, are very nice.

The training process leaves some to be desired. Training relies more on experienced co-workers and documentation rather than structured, targeted programs designed to make the most of the talent they have hired.

This is a strong company with a great history and they are still finding many ways in which to grow. I would not hesitate to recommend them to the prepared individual.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of structured training
Horrible Work Environment
CARD FRAUD ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 25, 2018
Working for City National Bank is one of the worst jobs I have had in my 15+ years of work experience. The workload is excessive, redundant, and often menial, barely related to being a "Fraud Analyst". The systems are antiquated, as 2-3 entire paper reams' worth of reports are turned in each day. Many of the reports require handwritten documentation on the paperwork. Tasks vary wildly, and more reports are added to the daily workload regularly.

Communication within the department is terrible, and not open. Much of the communication is done by management behind closed doors in a clandestine manner, and then employees are given the bare minimum information with the corporate spin on it.

The culture there consists of over-working their employees, maximizing production and eliminating all down time, under-appreciating efforts and little to no recognition, cold and impersonal communication (usually done by email or instant messaging, hardly ever face to face), and not to mention sabotaging employees' efforts to transfer to other departments and advance their careers. It has a very bizarre, cult-like vibe to it.

I would NEVER recommend for anyone to work for City National Bank, at least not in the Card Fraud Department in Los Angeles, CA.
Pros
1-hour lunch, shuttle transportation to and from the train station
Cons
Workload, compensation, communication, leadership, advancement
Terrible mangement
Retail Banker (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 24, 2018
The location I worked at had a terrible manager. While I was there 3 employees quick due to this one manager. Then higher ups came to investigate and they kept her! 1 more employee quit and the other was transferred to a different location.
Wonderful Company!
Vice President, Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 23, 2018
Aside from a lot of turnover in management, the company itself is fabulous! Love the products and corporate vision! Benefits are awesome! They focus on high end clients and the products and services are great! Some of the brightest and talented employees I’ve ever worked with!
Pros
High end clients and products and services
Cons
A lot of turn over.
Too big of a company
Management (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90071July 8, 2018
The company is so big that it is hard to feel that you are recognized for your achievements. Senior management team separates themselves from the rest of the team.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Senior management is located at a different location and colleagues do not have access to them
Stress and Drama!!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 24, 2018
I worked at several locations over a 10 year period. There is a lot of drama and bad management in the area. It is a high stress job. The manager at Huntington office would belittle the staff and remind you that you are replaceable on a regular basis. Absolute worst manager I have worked for in the company. Spare yourself the stress and petty drama. It isn't worth it.
Easy going co-worlers
Teller (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 20, 2018
Although it has been many years since I worked there, it was a friendly atmosphere with very good management. I worked as a teller, head teller and was training as a Customer Service Representative.
competitive sales job
Retail Banker (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 13, 2018
This job wasn't the job for me. You really have to be very good at sales and want that to be your main focus. You need to be very good with computers and willing to do a lot of training often. I didn't appreciate the way that customers would treat the employees and management was very poor. You're guaranteed to get the hours that you applied for and the schedule is flexible if you need certain times off.
Pros
accrued paid time off, holidays off, fixed hours
Cons
competitive, stressful, sales driven, poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City National Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.7Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss