City Parks Foundation Employee Reviews

fun coaching
Track and Field Coach (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYFebruary 8, 2018
fun job, coaching all ages fundamentals of track and field. sometimes placement can be inconvenient, but the overall job is self rewarding if you love the sport.
Management not too knowledgable
Staff Professional (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 3, 2017
I came in overqualified and was basically second guessed and micromanaged so that my ideas wouldnt be advanced. My group (The Bronx) still finished the best that they ever have. The site director of the tennis is basically a moonlighting math teacher not serious about the tennis ambitions of the children.
Pros
working with fun children who are enthusiastic about learning the game
Not very organized
Media Arts Educator (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 14, 2017
Great work experience as far as Trips and kids

However information constantly changed when coming from chain of command.

Too many ideas of self instead of everyone working together for an ultimate goal as far as whats being implemented at program sites
Pros
great pay
Cons
unorganized at times
It was a very organized place and well diverse.
Summer stage (Current Employee) –  Central Park, NYAugust 9, 2017
I interacted with people a lot and I love to meet new people, I enjoyed that about the job. They also was very organized with there staff, what they want you to do.
trash
Lighting Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2017
they pretend to care about employees, but they dont. management is abhorrent. there is no room for growth within the company if you start at field level.
Pros
free concerts
Cons
everything else
Excellent Place for seasonal work
Track and Field Camp Site Director (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYMay 28, 2017
Great work environment, which provided lots of opportunity for growth. This was a seasonal position, fun yet provided support for staff. Volunteer opportunities also available.
its okay
Summerstage Photographer Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 3, 2017
its a lot of fun, except being a photography intern doesnt pay. The culture of the locations you shoot photos of though is amazing. It allows you to see New York as a whole. Still, wouldve been the best thing if I got paid.
productive work Place
Gardener/Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 24, 2017
Everyday we would clean the garden and water the plants before the students came.Then when the students came they would have lunch and do their daily activites.
fun summer gig
Production Assistant (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 7, 2013
this was a great production experience
i have a lot of good memories and learned very marketable skills
OK job, nice tan at the end
Tennis Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2013
Taught children how to play tennis, I love tennis and kids so it was a perfect match. No reimbursement for gas or parking so drivers, heads up.
Enjoyable,Productive, and Fun working environment (Summer Job)
Garden Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2012
During the days of me working for the City Parks Foundation, i had very good experiences. It was my first time working, but also at a young age. A typical day at work was setting up fun events and games for the kids to come and see the garden. I Learned how to be more outspoken, how to be a better leader, and how to grow/plant fruits and vegetables. My co-workers were very outgoing and we had good times and enjoyed each others company. The time management was depending on when i was available because at the time i had summer school. After school was over, i went straight to work. There was really no hardest part of my job, but my most enjoyable part was working with the kids and teaching them new things.
Pros
lunch anytime, working environment excellent, fun, freedom, plan games for kids.
Amazing experience
Golf Instructor (Current Employee) –  Flushing Meadow Park, QueensOctober 14, 2012
Working at City Parks Foundation as a golf instructor has been the most amazing experience I could ask for! I have always loved the game of golf and working with children, finding a job that combined the two is an absolute dream! A typical day includes observing students to see if we can find any swing flaws, working to correct the problem, and then playing on the pitch and putt course to get the kids more experienced. I have wonderful time with everyone that I work with, they have been so inviting seeing as I am much younger than many of them and was completely new to the program. Overall taking this job was one of the best decisions I made this past summer!
I enjoyed working with City Park Foundation.
educater and gardener (Former Employee) –  New York,NYFebruary 21, 2012
I worked at CPF as a summer job, educating little children,also gardening with little children and seniors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Parks Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.4

1.2Personal Development

1.8Career Opportunities

1.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

City Parks Foundation Reviews by Location