City and County of Broomfield Employee Reviews

Great outdoor work environment
Track Coach 1 (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 5, 2018
The job is extremely enjoyable and you truly get a lot out of your summer when working for the City and County of Broomfield. I would definitely recommend working here if you are considering it.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 19, 2018
• Scan the entire pool area to ensure that patrons are safe and behaving according to the rules.
• Act in emergency situations and provide rescue and first aid assistance up my training level until medical personnel arrive.
• Inspect the aquatic facility for unsafe conditions and cleanliness to prevent accidents and report any hazards to my supervisor.
• Enforce rules consistently and fairly.
Fill out reports for incidents or other records for reference
Good temp job for students
Recreation worker (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 20, 2018
A lot of flexibility in the scheduling, lots of job types, always leagues or events going on around the city that needed workers, always looking for more
Got to work out in the sun
Mower (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 19, 2018
You get to mow they city in they sun for 4 days out of they week then of the 5 day you trim the city's fence lines with your crew. Everyone that works there is chill and does not really complain about the job.
Outdoor office
Seasonal Laborer (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 21, 2017
Being able to work outdoors and maintaining city parks gives a great sense of pride. The ability to see the results of your work and the responses from the community can be quite motivating.
Pros
Outdoor fresh air
Cons
Hot weather in the summer requires frequent water breaks
Good place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 28, 2017
One of the best counties to work for. Meet tons of good co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know people and working in a great city and county.
Pros
Good Work/Life
Cons
No advancement
fun caring place to work
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 20, 2017
I love getting to know all the kids and play with them. It can be challenging but I love the regulars and love watching how excited they get to coming back to play.
Hostile and fraudulent. Don't help their frauds and get punished.
Seasonal Streets Operator (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 14, 2017
Stay away. The criminal time card fraud will catch up to the participants. Clock ins are faked with people clocking out for a 30 minute lunch and taking two hours. People going home at 2:00 and reporting going home at 4:30.
Great Boss!
Administrative Tech I (Medical Biller) (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 19, 2016
I truly enjoy my position with the City & County of Broomfield. My boss is the best part of the position I hold and I work on an awesome team! The hardest part of my job is the workload which has increased tremendously since the adoption of the Affordable Care Act.
Pros
My Boss
Cons
My Workload
Great Part time job
Program Facility Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 6, 2015
Wonderful part time job for additional income. I have a great manager and a flexible schedule. I've seen few opportunities for full time employment.
Great active job
Pool Manager/Building & Park Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 17, 2015
Loved working here, I had access to the gym and pool anytime I wanted it so there was no excuse to not be in shape. They worked around my "life" and could basically almost make your own scheduled hours
Pros
Recreation center access
Cons
not a career
Good First Job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor, Server, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 30, 2014
I have worked for Broomfield as a lifeguard and swim instructor for several years now. It is a great place to start out, because young people can easily be taken advantage of by their employers, but Broomfield protects its' employees. However, the majority of lifeguards are high school age kids, and therefore there is quite a bit of high school drama and cliques. The pool managers are also young, and this sometimes results in them picking favorite, being too laid back, or just being unprofessional jerks. But, in comparison to other places teenagers often work, it does feel safer. Also, guards usually get a 20 minute break about once an hour, which is alot compared to places I've worked since.
Pros
Well respected, we often get raises, opportunity to move up, employee protection.
Cons
Constantly having to recertify, lots of training, centered around high school age kids, young employees areent professional, no sick days.
Good clean working enviroment
Equipment technician for fleet maintenance (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 29, 2014
Start at 7am service and repair fleet write work orders enter data in maintenance software. Go home at 3:30pm. During the winter we were called in for snow duty, to be there in case of equipment breakdowns. I am always learning new stuff as a technician cars, trucks, equipment change on a monthly basis. Co workers we a good bunch. The hardest part of the job was knowing the only chance to advance may never come. And working snow duty was very difficult. The most enjoyable part was the clean, modern environment and job security.
Pros
Clean modern and able to take pride in my work
Cons
No chance to advance, snow duty
Brotherly Employment
Police Detective (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COSeptember 21, 2014
I have been employed for thirteen years in the Police Department, for the City & County of Broomfield as a Patrol Officer, a Field Training Officer, a Firearms Instructor, an Undercover Detective with the North Metro Drug Task Force, and as a Detective for my final five years. I retired from the City of Broomfield in 2013.
Child Care
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Broomfield COJuly 1, 2014
Asisted at the front desk to arrange for the parents to bring in their children for child care at the City & County of Broomfield.
Dull and Boring
Seasonal Laborer (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 14, 2014
Along with uptight management, the work was dull and boring and did not provide much mental stimulation.
Great GIS Internship
GIS intern (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 3, 2014
Typical workday included updating SDE-databases to include up-to-date data, field collection using GPS, and developing web services for the city and county's cartographic infrastructure. I learned to use python scripts and took some online classes of python that corresponded with my academic research. Gathering the in situ data with Trimble GPSs was by far the most rewarding because I could see the whole process of how to collect information and apply it in real-world scenarios.
Pros
Intelligent and Inspiring Staff
Cons
Unpaid for academic credit
A Great First Job
Summer Day Camp Aide & Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 2, 2013
Working for the city and county was a wonderful opportunity for someone starting out in the work force. Working with over 180 youth helped to determine what kind of leader I was going to be. It was a job that helped to shape my educational goals and my future. I was responsible for the safety of all youth involved in the program, along with the activities that were planned for that day. After working there for five years I was able to step up and become and assistant director which meant that I was responsible now for the staff as well. I had to help coordinate where the activities took place and handle time management. You had to be a very patient and flexible person to work so much with so many youth. When plans had to change you had to think quick on your feet and be an excellent problem solver. This position helped me immensely in all my future career endeavors.
GIS Intern, IT Department (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, ColoradoFebruary 18, 2013
Good place to work, nice people, good computer systems, good work environment - able to get a lot done in the day - rarely had to work late
Fun easy summer job.
Parks Department Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COOctober 8, 2012
I worked for the City and County of Broomfield in the Parks Department. I was part of the Mowing Crew. This is a great place to work for a student who is looking for a summer job. The work is fairly easy and the compensation is good for what you are doing.
Pros
fun, not hard
Cons
not much room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City and County of Broomfield. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3