City and County of Broomfield

Reviewer Recommended

Recommended Workplaces earn this badge by having an average star rating of 4.2 or higher in the last two years, and at least 10 reviews from Indeed users.

City and County of Broomfield Employee Reviews in Broomfield, CO

Fun and Exciting Environment
Child Sitter (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 20, 2019
Working for the City and County of Broomfield was very enjoyable. The employees were able to manage their own schedules and request time off whenever they wanted, as long as they could find someone to pick up their shift. There was a great sense of community, belonging, and just general fun.
was a fun place to work learnmed alot
Parks Operation Technician (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 26, 2019
was a very emjoyable place to work made many friends they are big on education and paid to go to conferences and college got to cross train with public works employees and learn different ways the government works I was in charge of 3 parks and allowed to be creative and propose plans for upgrades and changes and design
Pros
great place to work
Cons
no cons
Great starting job
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 14, 2019
Got this as my first job, they worked well with my schedule and were flexible about shifts. The work experience wasn't too taxing, and made responsibilities easier to manage as it went on
Productive and Fun workplace
Umpire/Referee (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 31, 2018
I learned the rules andregulations of sports as well as how to show authrity to coaches and parents whom were older then me while i was in charge. Pushed me out of my comfert zone.Managment and work place was over all amazing.The most enoyable part was being able to work with people our age and teach younger children sports in addition to having fun. Best job i ever had and i intend to return in the summer for another seasonal position.
Busy, Fun and Hot
Pool Manager/ Lifeguard Instructor (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, CO 80020November 13, 2018
Depending on the time of day it can be busy or slow stressful or fun. There is a lot of interaction with patrons and that involves kind careing customer service.
Fun job with a lot of human interaction
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time working for the City and County of Broomfield. It was a relaxed environment where I felt very productive as well. Great summer job!
Great outdoor work environment
Track Coach 1 (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 5, 2018
The job is extremely enjoyable and you truly get a lot out of your summer when working for the City and County of Broomfield. I would definitely recommend working here if you are considering it.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 19, 2018
• Scan the entire pool area to ensure that patrons are safe and behaving according to the rules.
• Act in emergency situations and provide rescue and first aid assistance up my training level until medical personnel arrive.
• Inspect the aquatic facility for unsafe conditions and cleanliness to prevent accidents and report any hazards to my supervisor.
• Enforce rules consistently and fairly.
Fill out reports for incidents or other records for reference
Good temp job for students
Recreation worker (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COFebruary 20, 2018
A lot of flexibility in the scheduling, lots of job types, always leagues or events going on around the city that needed workers, always looking for more
Got to work out in the sun
Mower (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 19, 2018
You get to mow they city in they sun for 4 days out of they week then of the 5 day you trim the city's fence lines with your crew. Everyone that works there is chill and does not really complain about the job.
You want to work well with people and truly desire to provide excellent service to get the most benefit.
Motor Vehicle Technician - Temporary (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 14, 2017
This particular position goes to extremes. Extremely busy to very slow. The best part of the job is working with the customers. The most difficult part is working with direct management. Benefits are good, and they do seem to try to hire from within.
Outdoor office
Seasonal Laborer (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 21, 2017
Being able to work outdoors and maintaining city parks gives a great sense of pride. The ability to see the results of your work and the responses from the community can be quite motivating.
Pros
Outdoor fresh air
Cons
Hot weather in the summer requires frequent water breaks
Good place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 28, 2017
One of the best counties to work for. Meet tons of good co-workers. Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know people and working in a great city and county.
Pros
Good Work/Life
Cons
No advancement
City of Broomfield
Certified Permit Technician (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 23, 2017
This was my first job as a Permit Technician. They taught me everything I needed to know... and more! The customers were really friendly and were very laid back.
Pros
The people
Cons
No opportunity for growth
fun caring place to work
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 20, 2017
I love getting to know all the kids and play with them. It can be challenging but I love the regulars and love watching how excited they get to coming back to play.
Hostile and fraudulent. Don't help their frauds and get punished.
Seasonal Streets Operator (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 14, 2017
Stay away. The criminal time card fraud will catch up to the participants. Clock ins are faked with people clocking out for a 30 minute lunch and taking two hours. People going home at 2:00 and reporting going home at 4:30.
Volunteer for Support of Seniors
Senior Resource Board (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJanuary 31, 2017
This job is to oversee raising of capital and disbursements to seniors in Broomfield for support. This support is for nutrition, transportation, durable medical goods, and special needs.
Highschool/ Early College Part Gig
Aquatics Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CODecember 29, 2016
Rotations and management was very friendly to a student with a busy and variable schedule. The benefits were sub par, but that's expected with a part time job. Co-worker very friendly. Dawn R is an amazing human being.
Pros
Downtime
Cons
Minimal pay structure
Great City Goverment location that will train and support you.
POLICE FRAUD DETECTIVE (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 12, 2016
I was hired by the City & County of Broomfield Police Department. I was trained for 16 weeks and was able to make great progress to the point I was approved to work independently in the City as a Patrol Officer.

I was selected to be a Field Training Officer to newly hired Police Officers. I was selected to be a Firearms Instructor where I provided monthly training sessions to all Broomfield Police Officers. Great organization to keep your progress continual.

I was selected to be an Undercover Drug Detective on the Regional North Metro Drug Task Force. I was next placed as a Broomfield City Police Detective to investigate White Collar Crimes such as fraud, theft, financial crimes, identity theft and assisting in all other areas as needed for six years.

I had a great career there and enjoyed all that was provided to me to learn, progress and be able to serve and assist the citizens of the area.
Pros
Training, Support
Great Boss!
Administrative Tech I (Medical Biller) (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COJuly 19, 2016
I truly enjoy my position with the City & County of Broomfield. My boss is the best part of the position I hold and I work on an awesome team! The hardest part of my job is the workload which has increased tremendously since the adoption of the Affordable Care Act.
Pros
My Boss
Cons
My Workload

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City and County of Broomfield. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2