City and County of Denver Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Culture needs some work
Denver (Former Employee) –  COMay 29, 2018
They're trying, just a bit slow. Usually the solution provided by management is a survey which results in only a follow up survey and no substantial changes.
Enjoyable place to work, but is not terribly diverse
Recreation Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 23, 2018
I enjoy working for this organization, but it doesn't offer a lot of diversity. You're doing a lot of the same things over and over again. You have to apply to higher positions in order to learn anything about them. It is a stagnant position for the most part.
Pros
Laid back work environment
Cons
Boring
Non-disclosure
(ADA) City Inspector (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 7, 2018
I have a no compete clause and non disclosure in place with the City and County of Denver, therefore I will not be posting any comments regarding the City and County od Denver Employment services.
good place to work
Golf Course Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 13, 2018
maint. vehicles, load trucks with proper equipmrnt and tools to complete job, drive out to various locations to complete tasks, clean and maint. equipment when complete.
Teamwork
Landscaper (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 5, 2018
I loved my team, and learning new things. I came in with no experience and they gave me a chance, and I was able to learn many new things which made me love landscaping and want me to further in this career.
Great community engagement
Recreation Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 25, 2018
The community and coworkers are great. They city needs to reevaluate and pay accordingly to cost of living. Programs are still growing but seem to still be behind the times.
Great Environment
Recreation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 24, 2018
The Parks and Recreation with the City of Denver is full of great enthusiastic people that truly are committed to helping the community. It has a great culture and is a very enjoyable place to work. If the salary was a little more competitive I would have strongly considered staying there for a long time.
Place where I met mentors and true friends
DENVER DEPUTY SHERIFF (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 16, 2018
I've had the opportunity to meet some really encouraging staff members who were there for me when I needed support and guidance. From supervisors and first line staff we learned a lot from each other by teamwork and being empathetic.
Lots to accomplish
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 14, 2018
The Sheriff's Department is under an immense challenge to understand and change particular processes in the Department so bad things don't happen. Too many unauthorized actions take place that could be prevented by rigorous analysis of internal business processes and reformation of those current processes that produce poor results.
Pros
Good, well-meaning people who care about their missions.
Cons
Sprawling organizational structure that defies coordination and contgrol, it should be vastly simplified with executive leadership clealry defined.
Work Experience
Maintenance Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver International Airport, Denver, COMarch 13, 2018
· Program, design, and maintenance of AIM Everbridge Enivorment. Working with Directors to recreate SOP's.
· Receives phone calls, emails, KIPSU messages, from City employees, passengers, contractors, and tenants concerning maintenance requests, then determines the appropriate department to respond to the service request
· Use of Maximo to create and track work orders, locations, asset numbers, and downtime for conveyances, passenger loading bridges, and PCAir units
· Monitors Fire Alarm, Netbotz, Runway Lighting Systems, and Lift Station panels for alarms and dispatches necessary department to address issue
Pros
Fast Paced Work Enviroment
Cons
Lack of Advancement Opportunity
Assistant City Attorney (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 28, 2018
The City and County of Denver is a good place to work and to learn about municipal government. For full time employees, there are great benefits and opportunity for advancement.
City & County of Denver (CCD) is a good place to work. However,
HR Specialist, Management Analyst, City Clerk (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 23, 2018
City & County of Denver (CCD) is a good place to work. However, like all employer there is only so much an employer can offer. The traditional government benefit and the annual merit raises are great if all you want is security and stability.

However, CCD lacks the ability to create an environment where employees skills are enhanced or develop that competes with the private sector. As a result, motivated employees usually leave after the 5-year vestment process. Others, typically stay on until they have completed a personal goal. (i.e. paid off student loans, children started school), the remaining wait for retirement.

I am choosing to move on because I feel like I am dying on the vine.
Pros
traditional government benefit and the annual merit raises
Cons
lacks the ability to create an environment where employees skills competes with the private sector.
Enforcement of Right -of Way, inspections and compliance
Parking/Speeding Enforcement Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 21, 2018
This position is very fast paced and an important function to the City and County of Denver to ensure the even movement of traffic in the city.
I oversee up to 20 employees on any given day to ensure proper scheduling, training and production in the enforcement of Right-of-Way Ordinances, municipal codes and rules and regulations.
Customer service for upset citizens, lost citizens and uniformed citizens. I have to ensure coverage of enforcement through out the City.
I rate and discipline agents. I ensure special event coverage. I represented the City in neighborhood issues and work with transportation and mobility to ensure proper signage in high traffic areas are clear and enforced.
Pros
Public safety
Cons
Long work hours but not really anything bad to say. I loved my job
Challenging and fast track work
Senior Plan Review Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 18, 2018
Review of Plans, inspection of buildings, cooperating with other trades, addressing building owners, architect's code and permit issues. Find solution for special conditions in order to help builders and contractor with building code issues.
Pros
challenging, and varied work
Cons
Bureaucratic Issues
Management is bully
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 15, 2018
They're bunch of bullies that work there expecially with management. Only two good ones. Most co-workers address friendly and helpful bit that's about it.
Pros
Some co-workers
Cons
Management bullies, pay
Stay Away
Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 5, 2018
The City and County of Denver is by far the worse job I have ever had. Cronyism is rampant, managers protect their turf at the determent to their employees and these are the good points.
Pros
You do get a pension after 5 years.
Cons
Ruthless with the approach to their employees.
Fun place to work
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 1, 2018
If you can handle the stress of trying to get along with ALL different personalities that you work with. You must get everything done correctly the first time it's done, otherwise it turns into a royal mess.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Getting picked for a job is TERRIBLE!
Unbalance
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 24, 2018
There is great work that is done in the city, however the level of nepotism is discouraging and the reactive nature keeps the level of impact from happening for the great community.

Health benefits are really great compared to other municipalities.
Pros
depends on the agency and location
Cons
work life balance, raises (some compensatoin
City of Denver
LEAP Administrative Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 11, 2018
City employment has great perks it has benefits and its great to work with the public. My bilingual skills were very useful for city of denver related work.
A no future, lacking respect, long hours job.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 6, 2018
A very poorly managed place to work. Managers do not respect or reward their employee's. As well as no chance to advance to management levels.
Salaries' are very low compared to other Airports.
The work is very hard, the company does not supply the special tools needed to perform your job.
Pros
Have none
Cons
Read my comments above.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City and County of Denver. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight