City and County of San Francisco Pay & Benefits reviews

Diverse Environment
Behavioral Health Clinician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 11, 2019
The people really make the job at City and Co of SF, in my experience. Leadership is weak. The bureaucracy is crazy. The hiring process for me was easy, but now, it's very strict and strange. It takes a ridiculous amount of time for someone to be hired and they are kept in the dark during the hiring process. And, the benefits are not as great now as they use to be when I was hired.
Pros
Diversity in culture
Cons
Weak, passive leadership
Good Place To Work
Senior Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 1, 2018
Working for the City & County of San Francisco is a great experience. The medical/dental/voluntary benefits are unmatched. The Retirement benefits are extremely well designed as well
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Slow process for promotions
Government
Deputy Probation Officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 1, 2018
The City & County of San Francisco provided great benefits and a competitive salary structure. THe work-load was not always evenly shared. A great place to make a career, but take care of yourself too.
Pros
Benefits, retirement packages
Cons
Working with convicted people gets tough
Great bosses make the difference
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 18, 2018
Working for the City was frustrating and rewarding at the same time. Your manager makes all the difference in the world. Benefits are great and co-workers can be great too.
Good compensation/Benefits
Management Assistant/Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 6, 2018
work hours can be flexible especially when you have children
typical work hours is 8:00am to 5:00pm with hour lunch
Management depends on the the management style. some managers are nice to work with
Cons
longer hours
Great!!!
Senior Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 18, 2018
Both the salary and benefit package provided to me was great and more than what I initially expected.

Both my supervisor and co-workers were great and every made me feel like close family.

Great working environment.
Pros
Benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Paid-time-off
Fun place to work but employee growth is slower
Senior Manager, IT operations (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Salary compensation is very competitive in the market but employee growth is lot slower. We use all the latest tools available and are in the process of migrating all applications to cloud.
a good place to work based on your individual Department
Deputy Director – Program Accessibility (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 25, 2018
if you like stability and predictability, working as a front line city worker can be the right place for you. There are appropriate salary ranges for living in the San Francisco area. Work conditions are dependent on individual departments cultures.
Great opportunities for entry level professionals
IT Mapping Trainee, SF planning (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 26, 2017
Great place to work, bosses were understanding of the difficulties and the learning process that taking a new position in an enterprise of this size entails.

Excellent way of advancing your career.
Pros
Management, culture, hours
Cons
Lack of benefits for temporary positions, somewhat difficult carreer advancement withing the company itself
Happy
General Laborer (7514) (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 27, 2017
My place of employment is the best experience that I have had peoples wonderful coworkers are the best stress free workplace safety number one. Able to interact with the public
Pros
1hour lunch
Benefits
Great place if yo can get in
Testing Proctor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 6, 2017
Please note this is a on call position with no benefits that why I can't give more stars on benefits and security however I know they have great benefits as well.
Great place for a career
Administrative Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 11, 2017
It's not fast paced, and has its bureaucracy, but is a great system that offers growth potential for those with the ability and desire to advance, and benefits, support, and training for those who seek a nice, stable work environment.
Pros
Decent structured pay, raises, and benefits. Career advancement based on ability.
Cons
At times unnecessarily bureaucratic
City and county of sf
Communications Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 3, 2017
As a city and county of SF employee, I have been offered great benefits, compensation, and security for my job. I think overall you learn and there is always room for growth
Pros
Great pay
Facility Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 25, 2017
If you are an permanent employee, working for the City and County will be beneficial for you. I was employed on a as-needed basis so there was no job security with that position. It is very difficult to transition to full time/permanent without having to go through the entire hiring process from the beginning.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
No benefits
Hard worker
Team Member (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 31, 2017
Fun job right out of high school was moving around a lot kept me busy fun people to work around pay was good hated the paper cuts hours was good aslo.
Pros
Work place
Cons
No room to grow
Excellent work environment and Teamwork
Business System & Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 13, 2017
Busy work environment, teamwork, documentation is critical.
Monthly training, management is supportive, the culture need more diversity.
Getting vacation time is hard and must apply a year in advance.
Team work, pay raise is annually, great benefit that is equal to non.
OK, but very disorganized
Senior Purchaser (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 1, 2017
There are a lot of conflicting agendas between departments and between managers withing departments. This causes conflict on many levels for projects that should be easy.

Also, there are many employees that hate their jobs, but stay because the benefits are very good. Creating the stereotypical government employee that doesn't want to be there and doesn't want to help anyone.
Pros
good benefits and pay
Cons
disorganized management in most departments
Job security but zero raise potential
3417 Gardener (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoApril 23, 2017
Salaries are union negotiated so no chance of raises on individual merit. Nearly impossible to be fired except for felony crimes so coworkers are unaccountable.
Pros
Benefits, job security
Cons
Zero mobility
Stable work environment, Good leadership
Sr. Recreation Leader/ Culinary Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 18, 2017
I create the menu, write out the recipe and shopping list. Then purchase my product OR send the list to my supervisor who in turn does the purchasing and leaves my product at a pre designated rec center for pick up. Arrive at the rec center where class is being held at least 30 min early to set up. Students arrive, class is 1.5 hrs long. I clean up after students have left.
Pros
Creative freedom
Cons
no benefits as I am part time
not worth it
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 9, 2015
management is horrible from most senior manager. no professionalism, there is a lot of favoritism but if you ask they will deny it. Some co-workers are nice to work with while others are lazy but nothing is done to improve anything.
benefits
Cons
no teamwork