City and County of San Francisco Employee Reviews

Good place to work with great benefits package
Environmental Health Inspector (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 7, 2019
1. Typical day at work is -
2. What I learned -
3.Management - supportive and willing to see their employees advance in their careers
4. Workplace Culture -
5. Hardest part of the job - work is manageable as long as you know how to prioritize your work
6. Most enjoyable part of the job - coworkers are great to work with. They are supportive and provide a team spirit.
great place to work
0902 Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAJuly 27, 2019
numerous divisions one can be same or higher position with transfer.

opportunities abound regularly.

research each division to make best choices on jobs and opportunities.
Productive and fast-paced environment
Public Service Aide (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 21, 2019
As an aide, I was tasked with a variety of projects. The mission of our office is what dictated my tasks. I performed each task with the intention to become closer to reaching our goals and that made working with the City both fun and fulfilling. Professional and productive workplace culture.
Great career
Captain of Major Crimes (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 4, 2019
Great opportunities
Great to work with communities
Great benefits for families
Too much Nepotism, favoritism

Great opportunity to pursue your dreams and goals
Intern
Office of Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAMay 23, 2019
Your experience will depend on the department and your direct supervisor. Enjoyed my time here - particularly the public service aspect of it and the friendly work environment.
Rampant discrimination, favoritism and outdated practices
RN (Current Employee) –  Laguna HondaMay 18, 2019
The pay is great but if you are not Filipino, your chances of being treated respectfully and without bias are not high. There is rampant discrimination, favoritism, tribalism, and nepotism. Whole families work there. The organization is really backward.
Pros
The longer you stay the more you make
Cons
Outdated, dangerous systems, rampant bias and discrimination
I am working night shift
RN Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  California City, CAApril 23, 2019
Good benefits but they are cutting out our overtime and hiring registry/agencies and nurse travelers for less pay without benefit .it is a government job and it is a rehabilitation center and skilled nursing facilities.
Pros
Good medical and dental benefits.good retirement benefits
Cons
Strick
Hard work
Juvenile Detention Officer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 10, 2019
Working for a small city and county has its ups and downs. San Francisco is a progressive and liberal city which has its upside and down side. It's hard to have a balance, but San Francisco tries..
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
No upward movement
collaborative work environment
Public Service Trainee (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 26, 2019
Working for the City and County of San Francisco has been fantastic!
I've been in OEWD at Workforce, the team here is professional, knowledgeable, and highly capable.
Pros
everything
Cons
Its a jail, prisoners are not fun to work witg
Deputy Sheriff (Former Employee) –  City of San Francisco, they have jail in San BrunoMarch 16, 2019
Excellent Work place , supervisors are great, lots of training, after four years you can take the Sgt test. If you pass, you get promote. Regardless if have two stripes, you can take the captain test and be a captain
Pros
Lots of free food
Cons
Paid one hour lunch and lots of break
Working at the city and county of san francisco
Customer Service Desk Support Analyst II (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 13, 2019
Pretty much we were thrown into the fire with the launch of the new multi-million dollar financial and procurement system without even being allowed to see as much as the interface until the day of the launch and then having to field calls on how to use the system. My team and I received no training and had to learn everything ourselves. It was stressful.
Productive and welcoming workplace
Student Design Trainee I (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 13, 2019
I usually help people in the office who needs assistance, whether it's field work or office work. I learned a lot more about surveying, AutoCAD, and other stuff than what I learned in school. Management is very friendly but it might be hard to get a hold of them because they are usually very busy and running around. The workplace culture is diverse. The most enjoyable part was the employees I get to work with because they're so helpful and willing to teach.
Civil servant and Disaster Service Worker
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 8, 2019
Union based employment as civil servant. Many rules and procedures to follow. Various jobs with employment categories -- may have safe, secure position with rights or may be classified as temporary serving the current political staff.
Pros
Good retirement plan. May have rights to the job
Cons
Promotions not automatic. Many restrictions. Political environment.
Stressful and difficult
Clinical Coordinator/Psychiatric Social Worker (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 28, 2019
Lack of salary commensurate with abilities and too low of a salary for the Bay Area. Hospital environment is difficult and often comes with a hierarchy system.
Fast Paced Environment
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 28, 2019
fast paced environment no two calls or two days will ever be the same. Required to have knowledge of seceral deparrtments within the City and County of San Francisco.24 hour office, required to work several different shifts within 24 hours.
Familial and congenial
Consultant & Counselor (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 16, 2019
Charged with organizing children's issues by the City and County of San Francisco, the Department contracts with consultants like I was to independently provide services under the supervision/monitoring of psycho-therapists and licensed social workers.

I worked from home. I had wards born severely damaged. Daily, I served as parent, brother and friend. Woke them up around 6:30 in the morning, made sure they showered and did their dental hygiene, dressed in clean clothes and ate wholesome meals. We drove, or sometimes walked together, to their schools, and did homework. I was tutor and worked hard to bring my wards to grade levels in all their subjects/classes.

I founded a soccer club with the patronage of the Richmond Police Activities League - and we called ourselves Great Pals. We did soccer practices daily after school. I was coach and my wards were superstars. On a day, one of my wards asked me: "Dad, am I a foster child?' I only told him: "Son, you are a superstar." That day, he scored the winning goal for our team.

The Department personnel were like family for my wards and myself as well. Having heard the narratives of other "foster parents from our monthly meetings, I initiated a training manual to streamline practical methodologies for helping children redevelop. I was, am an still, for parents charged with parenting abused, neglected and/or born-addicted children in the City and County. Happily it was accepted and we created the manual with input from many Department of Social Services employees - including professional therapists.

After over twenty-five
  more... years, I have stayed the only father figure some of my wards have ever known.  less
Pros
Government agencies work together for good when society collaborates.
Cons
Biological parents should maintain their position as parents no matter what!
About myself
Investigations Division Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 12, 2019
Anticipating on getting back in the work force. I'm a team player ,eager to learn, always willing to learn something new. Can't wait to get to work..
Pros
good people
Cons
good and bad days
About park and rec.
FACILITY MAINTENANCE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 10, 2019
I loved working for park and recreation but the supervisors did not have totall control. The way the supervisors trained the employees was not proper. There was no say to sign in or out, So we would text our supervisor when we got to work LOL, how ghetto. But the just needed to be more organized and not so messy.
Pros
I loved working with the public.
Cons
They pay attention to the wrong ISSUES.
A great place to work
Junior Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 1, 2019
It’s a great Diverse work environment. Lots of teamwork and also help to manage amount of online classes as well as today classes.There are two men this opportunities to grow with the city and County of San Francisco
Pros
Great diverse work environment
Cons
Not safe at night
Pretty good job, benefits are good. Taxes are atrocious.
Industrial Hygienist (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 17, 2019
Overall i like the positions and my co workers. The taxes are insane. Only get to take home 1/3 of actual salary - no one tells you that when you sign the HR contract.
Pros
Flexible hours, good benefits, good time off/sick leave
Cons
Horrible taxes, salary take home is not what is advertised.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City and County of San Francisco. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

75%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss