City of Albuquerque Employee Reviews

great for students
Recreation leader (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 30, 2018
i love my job at the city it's fun however it's not really a job that will help you be on your own you are paid barely more than minimum wage and work about 25 hours weekly..
Pros
school friendly
Cons
no beneifts low pay not enough hours
Great first job
Cashier for Aquatics (Former Employee) –  AlbuquerqueSeptember 25, 2018
Great if you are a student looking for flexible hours. Gives great work experience and training. Management is friendly. You can learn a lot about the field in a short amount of time.
Pros
Work with your schedule
City of Albuquerque
Purchasing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 12, 2018
The City of Albuquerque needs to open up more opportunities for employees to grow and gain additional skills. They do have tuition reimbursement, but that is the only benefit they offer.
Challenging Culture Shift in Paper to Systems
Albuquerque (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 30, 2018
It has been a pleasure to support the many technology remediations, the documenting of processes, the implementation of COTS solutions and the business process adjustments and training for such a diverse organization with over 7K employees, 9 Union Contracts, and much much more that impact our needs to configure and comply with. It is now coming to a slow end, many systems are now in enhancement/maintenance mode and the support has become more tier 1, 2 versus 3. But there are many more opportunities I am sure. Great Organization, amazing leadership and support. I am grateful for my time here.
Fun workplace
Recreational Leader at Wells Park (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 29, 2018
Working for the City of Albuquerque is a great place to work if you are seeking your first job. Great for teens seeking part-time or temporary job. The workplace is fun
Pros
Fun
Cons
Pay
A pleasant work atmosphere, good hours and positive work place environment.
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 15, 2018
Arrive at work, clock in, check your bus and proceed on your route. As a motor coach operator I learned many things first how to operate a motor coach safely, instructors were excellent, very thorough and always willing to work with you. As for management they are fair and of course they have to be strict with the daily operation of the transit dept., always willing to hear you out and listen to your opinion and work with you. The hardest part of the job is also the best part of your job, the passengers most passengers are very pleasant, friendly and cooperative which makes it easier to do your job. On the other hand there are the few that are harder to deal with and that can be a little stressful, however we are taught to be cordial to all our passengers.
Pros
Excellent employee benefits.
Not a bad place to work
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 8, 2018
Its a job. And its what you make of it. To me I look towards a pention and made it. Very few suppervisor are honest and fair. But some how I got in and completed 22 years to get a pension. Most of those years was fun and easy. Couple of the years I had to speak up and fight to keep my job.
Pros
Medical
Cons
Little too close to politics
Very productive, and a very fun place to interact with people
Recreational Leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 7, 2018
The City of Albuquerque in specifically therapeutic recreation was the greatest series of job experiences that I have ever had, the children that I was to be constantly looking over felt nothing like a burden, but more like a miracle to watch as young people are serve as a source of intrigue, it's always fun to think the places they'll go based on their talents and what they'll do when they're your age.
Pros
Really fun, swimming, talent show, several activites
Cons
honestly... N/a
its a government job
RADIO TALK SHOW HOST CBS (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 7, 2018
if you like a secure government type job with a slow pace than this is the place for you. decent offices. nice co workers albuquerque is a nice twon. s there.
Pros
secure job
Cons
somewhat slow paced
Productive and fun workplace
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 2, 2018
There’s always something to do. Workload was never to demanding. We’re always given the tools needs to succeed. Very people friendly environment. Totally recommend
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Swing shift
Productive and fun work space
Recreational Leader (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 30, 2018
My review is very pleased my bosses were really nice to work with. They were very understanding with everything. There is nothing I can really complain about the city or the people I have work with.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No paid sick days
Fun, slow, but hot
Head Guard (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 26, 2018
great first time job. Good people and managed well. Pay is locked in for a long while and its hot and humid but its almost all sitting so its not to bad.
Great work place
Laborer/ Landscaping (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 26, 2018
Working for the city is great you get a lot of benefits and insurance I liked working there it was great the only hard part of working there is nothing really.
Pros
benefits, Life insurance 401k
Cons
outside
Horrible place
MCO (Current Employee) –  AlbuquerqueJuly 22, 2018
I work here now the hours are horrible I go in at 5am until 10:30pm there is no life and to deal with the trash customers who board the bus is horrible for only $13.07 is not worth it and don’t recommend this place to anyone listen to the reviews or regret it like I did
Benefits
Cons
Hours and trash customers
keep to my self
Transit Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 20, 2018
i work in transit and it is the worst place in the city to work. The city really needs to look at the department and ask there employess how they can make it a better place to work. And keep great employees
Great Work Environment
Albuquerque (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 16, 2018
Great family working environment. Enjoy coming to work. Very little supervision in some departments and over supervised in other departments. Varies from department to department, but good overall career advancement. You just need to work at it on your own.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
low pay
terrible work life balance
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 13, 2018
the city of Albuquerque Transit department is the red headed step child of the City. they don not take into account family life or emergencies and are quick to discipline in most cases, some mangers and supervisors are really great but the majority are terrible.
Pros
great benifits and pension after 30 years
Cons
terrible managemnet and work life balance is non existant
immediate work
Motor Coach Operator / Trainor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 5, 2018
operating a transit coach over set routes is not a job for everyone. hours are difficult especially at start of employment due to seniority having best pick of routes available.
Pros
job security
Cons
very stressful job due to aggressive riders
Transit Customer Service
Transit Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 15, 2018
No respect for employees, their families or their experience. You can be a great employee but it does not matter. You are expected to work 4 different departments for 13.15 an hour and then when you need any time off, even for appointments you are denied. Stay away, the main queen will make sure you feel like you are in prison
Pros
Cons
everything
Good place to start young and enjoy retirement
Help Desk Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 8, 2018
retirement is second to none and the people are amazing. They have very fair life - work balance and its nice to visit all of the facilities. COA is a great resource for the citizens