City of Albuquerque Employee Reviews

Driver (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 2, 2019
Great place to work. Awesome benefits and retirement. Very political. Good time off especially if you are there for a while. Great union but also political.
Benefits
Cons
Political
Excessively politically-charged atmosphere with little chance of advancement
Senior Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 23, 2019
A typical day including doing the work of others unqualified for their positions and receiving little of no recognition for it. They are under investigation for fraudulent behavior in multiple departments. The most enjoyable part of the job was enjoying the lovely weather and walking at lunch, as well as the fitness program, which was a must given the amount of stress we endured.
Pros
Private office for some levels of management
Cons
Unhealthy work atmosphere
Good Pay Long Hours
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 12, 2019
Working as a Corrections officer has taught me a lot. Management is okay some are unfair some are not. I worked 16 hours shifts 3-4 times a week. Very good pay
city of Albuqueerque
Albuquerque (Former Employee) –  AlbuquerqueFebruary 8, 2019
I was very fortunate to work at City of Albuquerque. I was able to apply my education and skills and promoted to a high level management position. We serviced over 6000 employees which required us to be flexible, ability to multitask, we were constantly presented with new scenarios to resolve. Probably the hardest part was the political changes, although I think I handled such changes very well
Good ole boy system
Police (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87102February 6, 2019
If you have the right connections, you have it made. If you are not, Good luck. Do more with less. Watch your back, only you can protect yourself against the administration.
Excellent summer job
Rec Leader (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 23, 2019
I loved my duties working at a community center withe children of all ages. It was the best job I have had. I liked my supervisor and the training was well developed.
Meeting interesting people, being alone in booth
PARKING ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 11, 2019
You always got to see different people, some were very rude or nice. Challenge was trying to get customers out of the parking garage when there was a event going on and they had to pay. Being alone at times in the booth was scary sometimes for you had many people in and out at times and life was a threat.
Pros
Experience
Cons
No benefits
productive and fun workplace
CITY CLEANER (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 10, 2019
Start with a safety meeting, get work supplies ready and start working. End of shift play horse shoes, basketball and ping pong at the pino city yard. really good employees and management.
Great jobs with amazing benefits various position to work towards
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 19, 2018
As a past employee it was a great place to work amazing staff in all departments. The benefits are amazing. You can start on probation then in six months you are permanently an employee with all the benefits
Pros
Only worked 40 a week Monday through Friday no weekends GREAT
Cons
Really don’t have any cons
Great experience during my high school years
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 3, 2018
My experience at the City of Albuquerque was a great learning experience. My duties involved all aspects of the operation of the center. My supervisor allowed me to assist in all areas of the operation which gave me a great insight into my college career. The hardest part of this job was knowing that it was not going to last long enough for me to gain more experience.Management was organized and open minded.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
3 month program
none thing
Motor Coach Operator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 30, 2018
It was okay but management was not ran with equal opportunity. Management did not work with the employee on days off. Some customer were hard to deal with.
Safety
Safety Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMNovember 25, 2018
Hard to advance unless you know someone
You work 40 hours a week Monday through Friday
You receive health, dental , vision and life insurance
Pay raise comes if you apply for a new position
Fun environment to work in with fantastic people
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87108November 2, 2018
Was an amazing first job to have. Learned CPR and basic first aid which is never bad to know. Got to swim on break and they are super flexible with school hours both high school and college.
Pros
Good people, good head guards, teaches life saving skills
Fun and enjoyable but very insecure
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Matheson Park ElementaryOctober 29, 2018
I started as a recreation leader and worked my way up to Site Supervisor in 4 months! However, they terminated me for absolutely no reason a few months later. I was a model employee and they let me go for nothing. Job is not secure!!
Pros
Fun, simple, Easy to work up
Cons
Insecure
An easygoing workplace
LIFEGUARD (Current Employee) –  Betsy Patterson Swimming PoolOctober 7, 2018
Majority of shifts consisted of sitting and watching patrons in the water. At many times things would not get done. The job was relaxed most times. Most times the culture was to do the minimal amount of work to get by. There was an focus on trainings though with monthly testing and bi-weekly trainings.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling and Easy shifts.
Cons
No Benefits
great for students
Recreation leader (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 30, 2018
i love my job at the city it's fun however it's not really a job that will help you be on your own you are paid barely more than minimum wage and work about 25 hours weekly..
Pros
school friendly
Cons
no beneifts low pay not enough hours
Great first job
Cashier for Aquatics (Former Employee) –  AlbuquerqueSeptember 25, 2018
Great if you are a student looking for flexible hours. Gives great work experience and training. Management is friendly. You can learn a lot about the field in a short amount of time.
Pros
Work with your schedule
City of Albuquerque
Purchasing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 12, 2018
The City of Albuquerque needs to open up more opportunities for employees to grow and gain additional skills. They do have tuition reimbursement, but that is the only benefit they offer.
Challenging Culture Shift in Paper to Systems
Albuquerque (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 30, 2018
It has been a pleasure to support the many technology remediations, the documenting of processes, the implementation of COTS solutions and the business process adjustments and training for such a diverse organization with over 7K employees, 9 Union Contracts, and much much more that impact our needs to configure and comply with. It is now coming to a slow end, many systems are now in enhancement/maintenance mode and the support has become more tier 1, 2 versus 3. But there are many more opportunities I am sure. Great Organization, amazing leadership and support. I am grateful for my time here.
Fun workplace
Recreational Leader at Wells Park (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 29, 2018
Working for the City of Albuquerque is a great place to work if you are seeking your first job. Great for teens seeking part-time or temporary job. The workplace is fun
Pros
Fun
Cons
Pay