City of Anaheim, CA

City of Anaheim, CA Employee Reviews

United States9 reviews
Anaheim convention center
The city of Anaheim offers great benefits and experience especially for entry level positions, however management is lacking in expertise and favoritism is widespread. There is very low hiring standards as well that lead to a high turnover rate since most new hires are essentially not qualified.
Excellent employment opportunities
Several opportunities throughout the city. Room for advancement in all departments . The police department is a fantastic place to work . Benefits and pay are comparable with other cities in the county
I would say overall working for the city of anahiem was a very fun learning experience.
The city of Anaheim was a very interesting place to work in because of the people. Everyone was very diverse but I felt it made everything work out better.
Friendly but very productive
• Design Engineering
o Coordinated with OCTA in obtaining fundings for various street improvement projects

o Prepared invoices for consultants

o Assisted in Project Management for various projects

• Traffic and Transportation Engineering

o Communicated with residents in implementing Spillover Permit Parking measures

o Met with residents in implementing various Traffic Calming measures

o Traffic Control Plan Checks using WATCH Manual 2016, MUTCD, and Caltrans Standard Plans

o Prepared invoices for consultants
Pros
Flexible hours
Quiet and Peaceful
A typical work day is going to the office, sitting behind the computer, answering email, and working on federal projects by preparing reports, collecting data, entering data into the federal system. I review and approve invoices for federal fund reimbursement. The hardest part of the job is the data entry and working on my own. The most enjoyable part is having friendly professional team members.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Toxic Culture
The benefits are the only reason people stay at the Anaheim Housing Authority. If a manager doesn't like you, it doesn't matter how well you do your job, they will sabotage you. Half the coworkers get away with very bad behavior and create a hostile work environment. Most stay because they have no other options. If you love being overworked, constant criticism, stress and bad management, this job is for you!
Benefits
Cons
They hate new people, be prepared to be isolated
Loved working for BCSI
Learned a lot about myself and the corporate side of the business world. this company taught me how to be a sales man over the phone and how to get people to spend thousands of dollars over the phone with out ever seeing my face
different but exciting
We had to be in uniform and be prepared for a long ride to our destination. Before we left we had to be fully stocked with whatever we needed for the shift. We had to be ready just in case we were busy and have to be able to make 2-3 crepes in 3 minutes.
Pros
exchange foods with other food trucks
Cons
long rides to destination
a typical day at work
co workers are horrible to deal with, managers try to teach you the least posible in fear that you might take over thir job
Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Anaheim, CA. Our community is ready to answer.
City of Anaheim, CA Reviews by Location