City of Anaheim Employee Reviews

4.7
Ratings breakdown
Relaxed vibe
Sr. Recreational Leader (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 22, 2018
This site is often very easy and relaxed pace. Work is not hard or time consuming but does require patience. Staff is great to work with. ability to carry up to 50 pounds is a must.
Pros
great for college students
Cons
boredom, and only part time with set hours.
Public Service
Management Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 26, 2018
The City of Anaheim is a great place to work, but a little far from where I plan on moving. Can't beat the benefits, and I gained a lot of valuable experience here.
Very organized operation
Senoir WC Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 4, 2018
This is a small organization, handling claims for City employees. We were able to handle claims with a more personal approach. Dealt with many departments, various unions and worked closely with the safety dept.
Cons
Far commute
My position didn't require critical thinking. Mindless work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 12, 2017
The managers did not want to be there. Very difficult to care for your job when you superior does not care about it themselves. No motivation to succeed, however many opportunities to branch out to a different department.
The best city to work for!!!
Senior Police Cadet (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 16, 2017
Great department to work for. You learn so much with working with people. There is so many department you can work at and learn a lot. Fun environment to work at.
Excellent part time job
RECREATION DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 6, 2017
I worked part time at a community center. I was very fun and easy. I basically signed up people for the programs at the center. We also did events for the community such as health fair and other events.
Pros
great schedule, decent pay
Cons
no overtime
I highly recommend employment with the City of Anaheim
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 3, 2017
My time working at the City of Anaheim as an Office Specialist II was truly a professional and rewarding experience. Working with a variety of people from general public to executives from Disneyland. I decided to leave the City of Anaheim on great terms so that I could work from home as a licensed child care provider and raise my two boys.
Pros
Wonderful working environment
A great place for opportunity.
Recreational Leader (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 3, 2017
Although stressful at times, Parks and Rec within the city's community services department offers work with a guaranteed chance of progressing to better positions.
Great place to work and learn
Event Set-up/Facilities (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJune 22, 2017
I have worked here for three years now and i have gained skills that can help me in the future. The people i have met along the way were very helpful and have been very respectful
Good fun enviroment
Cleaner and Set up (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 30, 2017
Good place to work, Convention center especially. Not enough hours though and hardly any room for advancement. Ego's are the only other problem besides lack of hours.
Great place
Administrative Analyst II (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAApril 20, 2017
The city of Anaheim is a great place to work at, they truly take care of there employees, an give them the tools they need to go on. they truly give you tool to gain experience.
Great place to work and contribute
Customer Service Representative l (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 28, 2017
A great place to work and contribute to the city. Movement opportunity and caring supervisors. Encouraged to be your best and be at your best. Fun place to work at.
Flexible
Parking Attendant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Basic duties of a parking attendant. I would recommend this position for recent high school graduates and current university students because they are highly flexible with your hours. The more availability you have the more hours you can get. Some days are slow and others really busy.
Pros
Flexibility
Outstanding work environment
Utilities Electric Distribution Systems Operator (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 6, 2016
I work with great professional people and the wage and benefits are outstanding. Government workers still have a pension one fo the last professions that have one.
Pros
Excellent wages and benefits
Here today .... gone tomorrow
HOUSING LOAN COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 24, 2016
Working for any government agency is not one you can depend on. The State of California decided to discontinue the Redevelopment Agencies through out California putting hundreds of thousands of city workers without a job without relocation.
great work iniroment
City of Anaheim PT Intermediate Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 5, 2016
great experience enjoyed working with everyone learned and obtained so much knowledge from my business license and building team
What I learned
intern (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 4, 2015
You learn real life applications that engineers use everyday. You learn side by side with the design engineers and you get to do the work that they actually do. It is a real experience.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Positive work environment
Safety Administrator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAAugust 19, 2015
I enjoyed working every day at City of Anaheim. The environment was positive and motivating. The supervisors and employees were very cooperative and had a team attitude. I learned that a team environment is the best way towards a successful program.
Pros
Positive work attitudes by employees
Cons
wanted to build a safety program in a short period of time
Productive and fun environment
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 13, 2015
I really enjoyed this job. This was my first job ever! The managers were great and helped me learn and excel at my job. I wanted to come back every summer! The kids and parents were great too. I would say the only hard part about the job was getting in to a cold pool sometimes!
City of Anaheim Recreation
Program Specialist- Youth and Adult Sports (Current Employee) –  Anahiem, CaApril 13, 2015
The City of Anaheim is a great city to work. If you are searching for part-time work I recommend recreation in any city. I am searching for an opportunity for full-time recreation position.