City of Ankeny Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Overall positive experience
ADMINISTRATIVE/ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IADecember 14, 2017
The only reason I did not continue to work for the City of Ankeny is because my position was only part-time and did not provide any benefits. It was not within the city's budget to make my position full-time any time in the near future.
Fast paced environment
Weekend Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IADecember 7, 2017
I enjoyed working at the sports complex because I met a lot of new people my age, and I love working outside. I learned how to rake, drag, and chalk fields as well as move bases and mounds. The hardest part of the job was trying to hurry and get the fields remarked so the next game could start on time. If the games got behind, the afternoon workers would have to stay until everything was done and cleaned up, which could be between 11:30 pm and midnight.
I worked with kids my age.
Gym Manager (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAJune 8, 2017
It was a lot of fun. Working with teenagers was fun because we would communicate with who needed help with their hours or taking someone's shift. I made a lot of new friends as well.
Pros
Great boss.
Cons
People always needed someone to cover their shift.