City of Arvada Employee Reviews

Employees are great
Senior Assistant City Attorney (Former Employee) –  City of Arvada City HallOctober 30, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is collaborating with others. There is a great deal of cooperation between employees. Most employees are passionate about their jobs and willingness to assist others.
Pros
Health care is good
Cons
Sometimes management does not follow the Mission Statement
A horrid experience
IT INTERN (Former Employee) –  arvadaAugust 14, 2018
Wasteful spending. No sense of accomplishment. Slashed health/medical benefits while still buying 7 foot television sets at city hall. No emphasis on processes or IT security.
Arvada
Regulatory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Arvada, CO 80001April 17, 2018
The organization as a whole is good. However there is some poor management in place. Some of the managers are lazy and do not understand when they have good talent in place.
Pros
life work balance
Cons
poor management
great
Outdoor Services (Former Employee) –  arvadaMarch 8, 2018
it was great working here. the politics are weird and people are sleeping with each other and no one seems to care. I have never been bullied like i was at the Arvada Center in my life.
Excellent career choice
City Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COFebruary 16, 2018
The City of Arvada is a professional organization that values its employees. They have a collaborative work force, advancement opportunities and I would highly recommend this employer.
its productive and fun
Parks worker (Former Employee) –  Arvada, CODecember 19, 2017
the workers there are pretty cool and fun people to be around. the workers there are very helpful when you ask questions and they are very supportive.
Pros
learn new things
Cons
joking around a lot
Accounting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COAugust 9, 2017
Overall a great place to work! Great people, plenty of opportunity for advancement, plenty of time off and cheap health insurance. Would highly recommend.
Challenging environment
Telecommunications Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COJuly 11, 2017
Support multiple platforms of technology. Constantly involved in new projects. High stress environment and little or no recognition for work performed.
Pros
40 hour work weeks. Great benefits
Cons
Very structured management.
Going Backwards
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COMay 14, 2017
Arvada management has gone back twenty years insofar as favoritism is most important and quality of work is not. Neither is good service delivery emphasized or practiced. Service delivery is secondary to feeding individual egos from the top down.
Pros
Good people, excellent benefits
Cons
Quality work discouraged, ethically challenged, poor citizen service delivery
Great coworkers, some difficult supervisors
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COMay 12, 2017
Overall it could be a great place to work, but there is some difficult supervisors in the agency. Your overall experience could be completely dependent on who you're working for.
Great place
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COMay 11, 2017
I was a police officer for Arvada, and the folks there are wonderful. Great team environment, great training, and just overall I really nice work environment.
Slow paced, but good organization
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COApril 12, 2017
I enjoyed working here; however, I prefer to work at a quicker pace. The culture is friendly and the employees are helpful to one another. I think this organization is very stable.
Payroll Specialist / Finance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COMarch 21, 2017
Work at the city for seven years. Good people. Variety of people. The only problem is when there is a big change over due to elections or directors. Best hope they like you or your world can get pretty gritty.
Pros
Good people and good pay.
Cons
Changes in Directors or elections.
Internship
Finance Intern, Water Revenue (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COFebruary 13, 2017
I was an intern for the City of Arvada Water Revenue so I don't think my review is very valid. The employees I worked for were incredibly nice and I loved going into work every day. It's a shame they eliminated all the part-time jobs while I was working, which caused me to lose my long internship, but I wish I could have worked there longer!
Pros
Fun, Friendly
Don't care about the employees.
Hospitality Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arvada, CODecember 16, 2016
This is just another government job. Management is not held accountable for their actions. Employees are held accountable at random. Leadership in absent or retroactive.
The city of Arvada takes good care of employees but they don't offer much room for moving up.
City Carrier (Current Employee) –  Arvada, CONovember 21, 2016
I enjoy Working for the city because They take pretty good care of the employees. I have enjoyed my time with the city but I am ready to further progress my working career.
Pros
Good management
Cons
No where to move up
Fun workplace with great management
Parks Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Arvada, CONovember 1, 2016
I worked as a parks maintenance worker and learned many skills useful for the future. The management was very easy to work with and helped out when necessary
A good overall environment to work in.
UTILITY FOREMAN (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COSeptember 21, 2015
The City of Arvada has been a good place to work. Enjoyed working with the management and employees. I would recommend working for the City of Arvada.
Outdoor
Lead Mow Crew (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COMarch 2, 2015
Mowing and park maintenance. Good co-workers. Difficult to advance to full-time or non-seasonal employee. Learned a lot of skills.
Great benefits and retirement
Sales Tax Auditor (Current Employee) –  Arvada, CONovember 11, 2014
A typical work day was reviewing financial data and determine taxability of sales and use tax.

What I learned about the job was it was more accounting based and less autonomous than was described in my interview.

My supervisor was a micro manager and we had to log into the time clock every 15 minutes. Lack of trust and accountability. This also became the hardest part of the job. Not being trusted with tasks and having to be micromanaged created a sense of distrust.

The most enjoyable part of the job was interaction and education of taxpayers.
Pros
Benefit package
Cons
micromanaged

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Arvada. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about