City of Atlanta Employee Reviews

A Hot Mess
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 11, 2018
Leadership sucks and no one seems to think on their own. The climate of this police department is horrible. Not only do they leave their officers out to dry, but they make it clear to disassociate themselves with officers.
a very fun environment
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 26, 2018
working for the city of Atlanta was a very fun and learning experience. it taught me patience it gave me guidance and elevation to become more equipped with the business profession.
The City of Atlanta is a good place for a job
Senior Traffic Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2018
There was never a typical day at work, everyday was different. I learned plan reviews, typical MUTCD signs and procedures, timinfgfor traffic signals and street light inspections. The management is the same as most places nothing extraordinary. The workplace culture varies between the outside facilities and city hall. The hardest part of the job was the ever changing politics and procedures daily. The most enjoyable part was the flexibility and learning something new daily.
Pros
Flexibility and willing to work with issues
Cons
No room for advancement unless someone retires or likes you
Had a goot time good people
Parks worker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2018
Job consist of working with others and out in the open with the public cutting grass trimming hedges making sure that is safe for the public. Work on the outside dealing with the elements of the weather short breaks long hours lot of work
Pros
Pay every two weeks
Cons
Short brake
Good experience No advancement opportunity
CORRECTIONS OFFICER\CLASSIFICATION OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2018
Can obtain good experience but not a lot of opportunties for advancement, I would not recommend this employer because job stability is not good, currently this jail is under recommendation to be sold.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Job security
Look at other counties
Communications Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 3, 2018
Work life balance is non existent. Very stressful place due to employees lack of courtesy for one another and blind eye turned to the behaviors at location. Pay is not equivalent to commitment expected of you
Quick-Paced Environment
LEGISLATIVE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2018
I love working for the City of Atlanta. I am able to interact with both our working government and the community . The community holds our elected officials accountable with very vote.
Beneficial
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30303September 30, 2018
Very beneficial working with the city , Just not a work place for people who don’t take their job seriously. If you work for the city then there is no doubt you will actually be doing hard labor.
Pros
Long Breaks
Cons
Working hard daily
Poor Culture
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2018
It's not a place for career advancement. A very politically charged environment, you never know who knows who. Since it's a government job its stable (easy to get complacent) however not a place that advance you in your craft/trade or sharpen your skills. The Human Resources Department is by far the most unprofessional. I hear about alot of employees confidential information that sourced directly out of HR. This is a place to retire but not get your career started.
Extremely busy
Permit Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2018
A typical day could be long and stressfull. We do not all the time have the essentials we need to work. Computers down, printers not work. etc. We have no incentives.
Pros
Cons
Ins
A productive place to work
Correction Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2018
The City Of Atlanta is a great place to work, I also have learned so much during my years of service. The most enjoyable part of the job was we worked as a family a team. There was no hard part about working my job due we were a family and always accomplished everything. I have gained a several certifications and awards as well.
Great Company
PUBLIC TRANSACTION OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2018
I`ve learned to generate cash,surety Bonds. More experience multi-tasking doing phones,paperwork and helping customers at the window. The typical day helping customers locate detainees who have been locked up, give general information on there charges and court dates. If bonding out check paper work for accuracy an create bond. Take cash and verify with maker for bad bills, load into counting machine for verification. keep daily lodges of all the released inmates,file paperwork according to arrest date. Prepare daily release sheets for management and the end of each shift;notify oncoming shift of any carryover's. Most enjoyable part of job is interacting with the publicand helping locate their family members.
Pros
Free meals, free parking
Cons
No overtime
Fun place to Work At
Communications Dispatch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 14, 2018
City of Atlanta is a good place to work at.The people are great and easy to get along with. The enjoyable part of the job is all of the training courses that are offered.
Senior Information Technology Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2018
The organization performance is excellent. A good place for team work and advancement. Nice coworkers and conducive environment. A future place for research.
Pros
goog
Cons
n/a
Fun and opportunistic place to work
Centralized Command and Control Center Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed my internship with the Department of Aviation. I was actively involved with many projects. My supervisor made sure I finished the internship with a diverse skill set in emergency management.
Very different from the private sector
Human Resources Representative, Sr (Former Employee) –  City HallSeptember 11, 2018
There were too many alliances and clicks at the city which caused morale to be very low. Friends were hiring friends that were not qualified for the positions they were placed in and given very high salaries. Hard working employees with tenure and institutional knowledge of the organization were looked over for advances and increases.
good luck, youre going to need it
Assistant Solicitor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2018
Yes, the entire place from top to bottom is corrupt. The cast changes but its the same show. You will be worked to death if you're good at your job so make sure you do the least amount possible. Everyone is related to everyone else so you have to watch what you say. Everyone is a backstabber ready to lash out.
Love this workplace
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2018
I learned a lot and I'm ready to work, the workplace and people are very nice, very well explained9n every expect. Making my job and the day go a lot better.
Great
Executive Level (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2018
A great place to work-if there is any place that you could go to learn many facets of public service the City of Atlanta is the place. Again, I am not sure how or why this is valid.
ability to provide service to the community
Legislative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 4, 2018
Very interesting position. Became very knowledgeable on city government and legislation. worked closely with influential people who shared the common goal of bettering the city