City of Atlantic City Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJune 9, 2018
The company is great to work. The manager is awesome. The coworkers are professional, respectful and a joy to work with, within the department and outside of the department.
city of Atlantic City program
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJApril 9, 2018
The city of Atlantic city program is a summer workin program for young adults from the ages of 13-17 it is a very wonderful experience and it’s keeps the children busy during the summer
Do not work here if you do not have to
N/A (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMarch 25, 2018
there are no opportunities to move up within the company. low ball salaries. lack of administrative support. the health insurance and the vacation time are about the only good things in regards to working here.
city job
KEYBOARDING CLERK 1 (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJFebruary 27, 2018
Enjoyed working for them until too many politics became involved. I did mainly clerical and administrative work. The atmosphere was very professional but laid back. It helped me to grow in ways and taught me a lot about different programs that I later utilized.
Interesting environment because of the different people one interacts with
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJFebruary 7, 2018
The environment was pretty chill. My coworkers always had music playing and would joke around with each other. There was also a little bit of tension.
politics has eroded the culture
Director, Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 30, 2017
Lack of competent staff or experienced professionals who understand best practices in managing an organization. Political appointments versus competence based appointments to key roles.
Pros
Health Care Benefits and Paid Time Off
Cons
Lack of business acumen
no upward mobility.
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJAugust 10, 2017
laying off workers. state takeover. not hiring. wages are low. privatizing facilities., Most people are looking for new work outside of city city jobs.
Municipality
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJFebruary 27, 2017
City of Atlantic City is an Municipality that fall under a typical work environment for a municipality. At the time of my employment this job was privatized and my tenure there abruptly ended.
Must be extremely self motivated and able to work in a high volume, fast paced work environment.
KEYBOARDING CLERK, HUMAN RESOURCES (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJFebruary 15, 2017
I focused on learning as much as possible regarding requisitions, vendors, payroll data entry, creating charts, business letters, disciplinary actions.

Its a very diversified work place where one gets the opportunity to work with people of all different backgrounds.

The hardest part of the job was the work environment itself.

The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting my co workers, completing my work, meeting all deadlines. Fulfilling all projects, despite the challenges and knowing my capabilities.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Opportunity for growth based on relationships, not qualifications
City Of Atlantic City
Landscaping (Former Employee) –  1301 Bacharach Blvd, Atlantic City New JerseyFebruary 8, 2017
What is most difficult about Landscaping is you got to be able to work as i team to get stuff done faster.

What i really leaned about is having somebody that want to gain experience what they really like about there work ethic.

Workplace Culture is really good and safe environment even we see lots of public people around the area.

The hardest part of the job is people don't do there job and don't pay attention and do nothing

The most enjoyable about the job is we work as a team.
Educational and exciting place for adolescents.
Mrs.Barnes Playhouse Youth & Family Service (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJOctober 6, 2016
Everyday was very different from the last, every child had something fun to do everyday. I enjoyed working with children of any age. I babysit a lot for my family and people outside of my family. Which means working and caring for children comes naturally for me.
Very Challeging
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJ 08401September 7, 2016
Overall very good City to work for as long as you stay focus on your job and performance. Dealing with many various cultures and languages can be rewarding if you apply yourself.
learning experience
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  250 N New York Ave., Atlantic City, NJ 08401May 26, 2016
My day of work would usually be okay, I would basically be an assistant to my employer whenever i was needed. Such as if I was needed with the stocking I would do that, or if I was needed with the custodial services I would do that. Also, if I was needed to file and work on my customer service i would do that.
Pros
the job was okay
Cons
it was a seasonal job
Good fullfilling job
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMay 19, 2016
A typical day at work is fulfilling everyday knowing Im helping the people in the city where I'm from. From my time there I have learned customer service and how to deal with the public, how to think fast on my feet to keep the wheel rolling may that be picking up when a co worker cant or taking initiative in making decisions when on my own to help the reach its goal. The hardest part of the job is having a heart, you want to help everyone the best to their wishes but sometimes you just cant but knowing you gave your all is enough
Less work but more liability
Senior Public Safety Telecommunicator (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJDecember 7, 2015
Being a Sr. PST is less work but more liability. You become responsible for an entire shift. The people you are used to working side by side with are now your subordinates. There are many personality changes.

The hardest part of the job is being able to separate friendships from the duties of the title. However, the most enjoyable part is being the go-to person on the shift.
Pros
Pay raise
Cons
more liability
Crossing children to and from school.
Crossing Guard/Traffic Control Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJNovember 17, 2014
I love going to my schoolpost daily to meet and greet the children as they walk to and from school. I invest time and interest by asking them questions about their home lives and school. I remind them to stay focused and offer them resources to make certain they are successful.
Pros
Working with children and plenty of holidays.
Cons
Bad weather such as rain or extreme cold.
Productive place to work.
Key Boarding Clerk 2 (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJSeptember 8, 2014
A typical day at work, answering the phones, typing and other clerical duties. I learned a lot here and I am still learning. My co-workers and I work together as a division to get the job done.
Fun
School Crossing Guard (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJAugust 26, 2014
Fun place to work, you build lasting relationships with the children, teachers and parents you see on a daily basis
Pros
can still handle all business during your day, great benefits
Cons
not many work hours
fun workplace
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJMarch 25, 2014
Kids swimming, pool activities, pleasant co-workers, safe environment
Working in poverty
Truck Driver/ Heavy Equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJAugust 15, 2012
Working under the cost of living. You have to keep two jobs to survive. Great Benefits that's the best thing, the only thing this job has to offer.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Cons
no advancments. under paid