City of Augusta Employee Reviews

Needs work
STREET SWEEPER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  AUGUSTA GAJuly 15, 2018
You had to belong to a certain group to be accepted over all if management would listen it would be great four day work week which was good just was not the type to belong to a click to belong
Pros
Four day work week
Cons
Stressful
A very nice, relaxed atmosphere focused on the betterment of a small town community.
Lineman Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Augusta, KSJanuary 24, 2018
A typical day working as a lineman apprentice for the City of Augusta will be relaxed, but very productive. Most times, the tasks will be clearly relayed, leading to great execution and a sense of unity. The management has been impeccable due to the fact that they are trained to lead by example. Being a crew of six men, we are all able to complement each other in some way, and get along very well. There are always challenges when it comes to troubleshooting power outages and related circumstances. This is countered because the leadership is extremely knowledgeable and willing to teach about the electrical system of the city. As a whole, the leadership makes the job extremely enjoyable. If I didn't have to relocate to Texas, the likelihood of me working for the City of Augusta until retirement is very high.
Pros
Felt appreciated, good benefits, great management, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Being a small town, the pay is not as competitive as most
Job not stressful and the co-workers easy to work with for the most part.
Warehouse Tech II (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GADecember 10, 2017
I love my job and what I was learning, but upper management made the job unbearable. The work place was fun to work and my co-workers were easy to work with for the most part.
Pros
Work not hard, salary average, job was laid back
Cons
Upper management at an all time low.
Productive and welcoming work place
Student Assistant Librarian (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 28, 2017
Branch Manager is awesome, she does acknowledge employees work. There is opportunity for advancement. Its a disappointment however, being a part timer, you are allotted 17.25 hours only with no benefits and or paid vacations of course.
Pros
Great events held at the Library to partake in
Cons
Short breaks, few work hours, no paid holidays, no benefits for part time.
Office Life
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 7, 2017
Working for the City of Augusta is, in my opinion, has been a good learning experience for the field of study I pursued in college. The work is steady and management is great.
Difficult Envionment
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 25, 2017
There is no room for professional growth. The people are too complacent and set in the old way of doing things. Change is not easily accepted or encouraged.
Pros
Job is a step for something greater
Secretary III (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 1, 2017
Salaries are not competitive, Management and Administration care nothing about the little people. Old employees don't allow newer employees to be more innovative and creative.
Decent Place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 1, 2017
If you are not looking to get rich, or if you have more than one income, the City of Augusta Central Services division is for you. The people you work with area great, and management is excellent. You are well cared for in that aspect. However, advancement opportunities are few and far between, and your 1 year probation period restarts if you take a new position.
Pros
Great family life, management, job quality
Cons
beaurocratic, poor wages, probation periods
It's horrible, Like working for the mofia!
Senior Maintenance Professional (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 12, 2016
Unreal place to work. The supervisors treat and talk to you as if you were dirt, and when you try and let it be known by following chain of command you'll find the managers taking up for the supervisors that you complained about. Then it's on! You have more bad days than good after that. You are constantly told to do more, and more work without any words of more pay ever! The managers and supervisors have a do as I say not as I do attitude. Lord forbid if you try and stand up for yourself, when you have had enough. You will only make it worse on yourself. Family of the long time employees have no problems getting a job and moving up the ladder, but someone who actually gets a job for what they know not who they know, don't stand a chance, the who you knows will get the better job every time.
A good righteous person will be over whelmed by what they see on a daily as a city employee. I am thankful to have a job but at the same time I am ashamed of the Company I work for. I am bidding my time until I can find another job.
Pros
Cons
everything
Enjoy working there
File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 11, 2015
Productive, very influential, like what I do, good time management, like working with my coworkers, business savvy, filing techniques, computer knowledge, filing, copying files
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Boring
Utilitv Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Augusta, KSFebruary 6, 2015
This was an interesting place to work, I enjoyed learning about utility ins and outs. Fast passed in the mornings, but slow in the after noon
Pros
close to home
Cons
clicky
City Review
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 29, 2015
A typical day working for the the City of Augusta is quite fun. Work starts at 8:30 am and I visit different properties throughout the county until about 4:30 pm. I then turn in my county vehicle and prepare to close all my open work orders and go home at 5 pm.
Hard work but fairly easy going.
Refuse Collector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Augusta, KSSeptember 30, 2014
So long that work is completed on time, it can be an easy going place to work. Some drama working in city government, but for the most part it is a decent place to work. Hard to advance.
Pros
Nice Schedule
Cons
Fairly dirty job
Great training but difficult for advancements
Traffic Signal Technician (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 29, 2013
Formal and/or informal morning meeting with supervisor. Preparation of bucket trucks for daily field environment. Routine and/or unscheduled maintenance of intersections. Frequent calls on malfunctioned traffic signals. Rigorous shop and field training. Good working environment. Difficult for career advancement in current department.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 6, 2012
Supervise 8-12 employees
Meeting with the public
In the business lots of hard days when children were involved
Being able to be outside a lot
Helpful fellow employees
Secretary (Current Employee) –  City HallMarch 1, 2012
The City of Augusta is a wonderful place to work. Although I came in as a "temp" everyone was very helpful and very kind. The secretary I was temping for left very good notes on the job responsibilities and the City Manager was very patient with me. Everyone in City Hall was welcoming and helpful.
Great pay for a small City Water Plant
Water Plant Trainee (Former Employee) –  Augusta, KSDecember 8, 2011
Earned good money and plenty of overtime. Unfortunately that OT consisted of working every other weekend, working holiday weeks, and being on call every other week. Management also wasn't that great. Always being expected to do a lot, when there wasn't a whole lot to do, while management sat around, especially during "lunch", while he didn't clock out, sat down, ate, and played on FB and other things on the internet for an hour.
Pros
great pay
Cons
everything else