City of Avondale Employee Reviews

4.5
Ratings breakdown
Great experience!
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZApril 4, 2018
Wonderful experience and interactions with visitors. Cleaned organized books. As well as shelf DVD Etc. Helped customers and kept the library neat computer areas and shelfs wiped down
Pros
Loved employeeS
Cons
Summerjob
Great to Volunteer!
Volunteer & Political Candidate (Former Employee) –  Volunteer, Political CandidateMarch 26, 2018
Great Volunteer Involvement!
Chair of the Energy, Environment & Natural Resources Committee
Chair of the Board of Adjustments
Candidate for City Council Appointment
Candidate for City Council Election
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table
ENGINEERING INTERN (Current Employee) –  Avondale, AZJanuary 23, 2018
Interning for the city of Avondale was an awesome experience. It was a very welcoming atmosphere with hard working people. There is a lot knowledge to gain for an intern, and yes they do play ping pong occasionally.
Very fun and friendly environment
Recreation Assistant (Current Employee) –  11465 W Civic Center DrJune 10, 2015
I am the front desk for the parks and recreation department for the City of Avondale. I am incharge of renting out our field to patrons and also registering them for classes that we hold for our youth and teen comunity here in Avondale. Some of my other duties include answering telephone calls, assisting customers, scheduling meetings for our department managers and all the cash handeling.
Great people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZ Fire DepartmentJanuary 22, 2014
A great group of people to work with at the Fire Department and I miss it all!
Pros
The positive attitudes surrounding me
Cons
Can't thnik of one...
Great organization to work for
Senior Human Resources Analyst (Former Employee) –  Avondale City HallNovember 18, 2013
Enjoyed my employment with the City of Avondale. Witnessed a lot of changes, which were all good, this includes management, training opportunities and customer service.
Friendly Environment
GIS/Engineer Internship (Current Employee) –  Avondale, AZOctober 18, 2013
People in this place are very helpful. I learned here how to work together to approach goals.
Pros
Fridays are off, healthcare
Extremely fast paced and highly stressful at times.
Public Safety Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZMay 1, 2013
A typical day could include average administration calls such as transferring a caller to the records, detectives, or property room, to life-threatening emergency situations such as armed robberies, near drownings, murders, home-invasions, and auto accidents. I learned how to remain calm and empathetic in those situations. I learned something new everyday. The hardest part of the job is usually never knowing how a call ended. Did the people get the help they needed? Were officers dispatched in time? Co-workers were awesome. Management was never around as they should have been. They would come in work for an hour, go shopping for a couple of hours, then come back. We actually had to jump chain of command in order for this issue to be investigated and addressed. It was, and to my understanding this type of behavior no longer exists amongst the managers of the dispatch center. The best part of my job was the schedule. Three twelve hour shifts and four days off. Every week we would overlap four hours to ensure we had our 80hrs for each payday.
Pros
One hour lunch break per 12 hour shift; paid training, fast paced.
Cons
12 hour shift of basically sitting
Nice People
IT Systems Administrator/Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Avondale, AZApril 22, 2013
They have a lot of nice people working here. they don't care if you have a family, or if you don't want to dedicate all your free time to them.
Pros
stable
Cons
government job
Understanding of family
Police Department (Former Employee) –  Avondale, AZJanuary 2, 2013
Busy work environment
Great working relationship with front line workers and immediate supervisors
Great co-workers
Shift work is a must, and hours can extend without warning
Each day was unscripted

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Avondale. Our community is ready to answer.

City of Avondale Reviews by Location