CITY OF AZUSA Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
3.6Pay & Benefits
productive very good customer service and social skills are great
Recreation Leader (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAMay 24, 2018
Working with the city of Azusa was a good experience and showed me that i wanted to move up to park and rec maintenance team. Now I want to start trying to apply with Cal-Trans because I feel like I can apply my skills working with Cal-Trans. I also pick up on things very quickly and have always been a hard worker. the hardest part of the job was also being a rec. leader which lead me with the position of rec leader as well. This put me with the tittle of coach and tutor. i worked with kids training them football, basketball, and soccer. the hard part of this was just keeping things organize, but that has been taught and I feel like I am nothing but organize. most enjoyable part of this job was helping out the trouble kids getting them involved in sports and teaching them that with out good grades and an education there is no sports. Management never had a problem with me. there was never any disagreements and we worked out fine.
Where lineman go to die
Line Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAJuly 29, 2017
Outdated equipment and lazy lineman. Abusive culture, verbally and physically. Wouldnt recommend to anyone. Hours are good and the pay is consistent. A contractor or pou would be better
Pros
Little work
Cons
Little work, abusive culture and poor management
Great company to work for
Admin Asst/Office Specialist II/Customer Svc (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAJanuary 14, 2014
Daily route depending on public needs. As working for government assist public issue and concerns.
Productive and fun work place
Recreation Leader (Current Employee) –  Azusa, CAOctober 24, 2012
I've worked for the City of Azusa since Sept 2004. A typical day working at the city would entail arriving at our park/school site, greeting the kids, helping them with their work and mentoring them in whichever sport is taking place at that given time. My coworkers were always so helpful and energetic. My supervisors were amazing, I couldn't ask for a better management staff.