City of Baytown Employee Reviews

good place to work
Plans Examiner (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXNovember 6, 2018
Good place to work, not a lot of room for advancement though.
everyone is easy to get along with for the most part.
stay busy not a lot of down time.
always have plenty of work, lots of work here.
fun environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  BaytownSeptember 6, 2018
fun environment to learn the ins and outs of the customer service industry, the staff is close knit and you build great relationships with everyone you work with.
Easy going
Baytown (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 18, 2018
Working the conssesion stand is pritty easy. Weekend are the heaviest. Its only 2 to 3 people working. Get to eat and drink the products. Watching the game helps pass the time.
Pros
Free foid
Cons
Not many hours
Moderate paced, stressful environment
Parks and Recreation Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 29, 2018
The work isn’t bad at all, and the people you get to work with are incredible but the management is unbearable with their favoritism and the things they say about their employees.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stressful do to the supervison
Equiptment Operator (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMay 10, 2018
Good place to work if you end up under the right forman. I would not plan on going back, because its hard to survive in life on the salary system created there.
Comcate program Administrator (Former Employee) –  City of Baytown, TXJanuary 26, 2018
I answered the information line for the City of Baytown. I enjoyed talking to the citizens of Baytown and getting to know some of them on a one on one. The hardest part was the job was over.
Benefits
Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXDecember 11, 2017
Great benefits and great people to work around. Sometimes I worked very long hours if there was an emergency going on. The city employees were very nice and helpful.
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Typical government agency
Administrative Support Specialist, Sr. (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXNovember 7, 2017
Dereliction of duties was commonplace. Laziness was abundant. Direct lying to employees was everyday occurrence. Management are a bunch of sociopaths who cover for each other. Even HR bands together to protect supervisors who insult workers in front of the public and other employees.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Awful management from egomaniacs and liars.
Poor Management
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXOctober 4, 2017
New management plays favorites and is very verbally abusive. Verbally intimidates employees and imposes a very negative attitute towards employees not in favorite category
Pros
Great People to work with
Cons
Awful Management
secure job
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Working for the city of Baytown is a great experience you can grow within your department. they say you can move around to other parts of the city of baytown but i found this hard because i would apply for diffrent position that i was qualified for and woud not even get called for interviews for the other positions.
Pros
employee appreciation, and 11 payed holidays. Sick time, and vacation time
Cons
i think they main cons were that is not as easy as they make it to seem to move around in the city
Productive and fun workplace with a basketball court
Traffic Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 17, 2017
Every day I am always wanting to come to work. There has never been a day where I never wanted to come in for work. I have learned a lot about the fundamentals of traffic control and safety. The management was fair and very respectful. The workplace was clean and very well structured. The only major hard part of the job was working in the intense weather, such as either the hot sun or heavy rain. As for the most enjoyable part, definitely being able to work with my amazing coworkers.
Human Resources Specialist (Promotion) (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJuly 9, 2017
The benefits at the City of Baytown are great. The employer / employee engagement is good too. Being apart of the City is a great feeling.....you're a part of something!
Environmental Health Specialist 11
Health Department Registered Sanitarian (Current Employee) –  Health DepartmentJune 7, 2017
As a Registered Sanitarian my daily activities focus on public health. The main job duties daily are to perform routine food establishment inspection to ensure state guidelines are being follow for proper handling of food for the consumer. In my 10 years of experience I have learned with the divers cultures in the work force today explaining the importance of public health and teaching establishments to proper guidelines to ensure safety. Working for the City of Baytown the management team is very knowledgeable in their fields and are good mentors with opportunities for grow and advancement in the workplace. The workplace is very friendly and always willing to help others and different departments. The hardest part of my job is establishment not willing to be incompliance and issuing citations for violations. The most enjoyable part of my job is customer service with establishments and citizens in the city of Baytown.
Great City to work for
Library Technician (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXFebruary 6, 2017
For the most part the co-workers were great to work with. Like any company you have your pros and your cons. Sometimes the cons seemed more that the pros
I enjoyed my time there
Receptionist, HR Assist, HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXDecember 14, 2016
I simply was ready for advancement and was not able to do this if I stayed. I was ready for a more advanced role with more responsibility. Although the benefits are very good.
Productive and fun
Utility Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXDecember 14, 2016
The City of Baytown is a great place to work. They are very friendly and very productive. They try and let everyone get to know each other so its easy to work with anyone there.
Fantastic place to work
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXOctober 14, 2016
Wonderful experience in multiple departments over close to 10 years. Great opportunities to develop and grow professionally. Leadership truly looks out for the interests of employees. Would love to return there someday.
The program was very educational
ExxonMobil Summer Youth Program (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXOctober 5, 2016
On certain days we where taken to different locations around the city to become familiar with Baytown. My co-workers were kind and helpful. A family-like relationship was developed. There were no hard days.
Pros
Wonderful atmosphere
Cons
not enough hours were available
Loved the atmosphere
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXAugust 17, 2016
My favorite library of all time. Worked well with all the staff. They have so many activities for the entire community and all age groups.
Great coworkers and work environment.
Inspe (Current Employee) –  BaytownJuly 21, 2016
Great training opportunities, management appreciates good effort, and administration rewards employees often. Benefits are about average with other government agencies.