City of Buena Park Employee Reviews

I would not work for the city of buena park
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJanuary 6, 2019
Besides there management being ok. Everything else was bad about the city of buena park. The pay was minimum and they wanted to work you 40 hrs with no benefits at all and 10 hour days and always the weekends.
Great culture and people
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAOctober 30, 2017
The City of Buena Park is a great place to work. The amount of work received keeps employees busy. The atmosphere and culture here are incredible and you will be hard pressed to find a better city to work for.
janitoral work
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMarch 8, 2017
I use to go around cleaning various restrooms for the city of Buena park, not a bad job, not clean , but not hard work. I would go back if I could. blah blah blah
work at your own pace
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAOctober 13, 2015
typical day at work was intresting, always enjoyed seeing new faces come in everyday.
gained alot of receptionist experience while working at the senior center. i enjoyed it very much .
Pros
fun with seniors and arts and crafts
Cons
n/a
A typical day at work.
City Manager’s Office Internship (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CASeptember 5, 2015
Assisting as a liaison between the city manager’s office and contracted vendors. Engaging with the coordination and updating multiple key actors within the city by providing insight and information leading towards the upcoming citywide single-member district election system that will provide minority voters representation on the council.
Pros
Having the opportunity to learn from highly skilled and experienced individuals.
Fun and rewarding position
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Buena Park, CAApril 24, 2015
Worked at this dept for almost 9 yrs. Overall, I enjoyed working here. Most of the people were okay to work with. Everyday is a new experience. I felt a sense of achievement after each shift that I made a difference in someone's life.
I miss being a Police Officer
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAMarch 9, 2015
I enjoyed my time spent as a Police Officer. Every day at work was an adventure. I felt a sense of accomplishment and self-worth. I hope to return to that same field of work soon.
overall a good job
jailer (Former Employee) –  buena park , caMarch 25, 2013
Upper management is only concerned with them selves and not employees wellbeing.
Pros
good line personnel
Cons
upper management concerned with them selves
An outstanding start.
Public Pool Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Buena Park, CAJanuary 13, 2013
Pool lifeguards not only have to be strong swimmers, they must be alert, quick on their feet, good decision-makers and able to work effectively in crowds. This was my first job in Buena Park, Ca. and I would not change a thing.
Pros
if you want a position of responsibility, this is it.
Cons
there isn't hardly any advancement and the pay is low.