City Of Cape Coral Employee Reviews

City Government
Construction Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLOctober 11, 2018
Fine position but very complex. It was good to deal with the various contractors but the travel all over the city was difficult to do on some days. Excellent benefits and pay.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
Not meeting managements expectations.
Contract position
Code Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJuly 2, 2018
Worked tough hours; 3:00am to 8:30am. Easy work, enjoyed working for Code Enforcement. Management was understanding and very accommodating. Would consider doing this job again.
Typical modern day policing.
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJune 26, 2018
Most veteran officer's are tired and beaten down. Pay is still not back up to where it should be for a city of this size. Generally a good group of people to work with. A lot of the good officers quickly move on to other places where they are more appreciated.
Pros
Palm Trees and Sunshine
Cons
Not enough room.
Good
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLApril 6, 2018
I was a lifeguard and loved it. Paid very well and thought you a lot about the working world as a high schooler. If you missed just 3 days over the course of the summer (I.e calling out) you’re contract is terminated and you’re fired. Many may see that’s harsh but they are accommodating on getting almost every requested day off. Managers and all co workers are nice and friendly. Great place to work
Pay vs job
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Parks and RecreationMarch 18, 2018
Working for Parks and Rec they expect the employees to work out of their title without the title or pay for what they do on a daily basis. They have too many contract employees who do not stay since they leave as soon as they get a position with benefits and more money so it is constant hiring and training new staff that is such a waste of money I’m sure. Plus a waste of time training new people all the time. I do feel seasonal or someone who is retired wanting a part time job to supplement there retirement should be contract but if you work year round you should be a full time employee. And they should pay the contract employees more since they do not receive benefits.
Pros
Retirement and health care
Cons
Pay
Enjoyed working there, good management, dedicated peers.
Contracts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLMarch 8, 2018
Finance Dept/Purchasing excellent forward looking organization. Great management, dedicated employees. Occasionally difficult to change mindsets of some in different departments, but overtime perceived value was increased.
Pros
management, in-house cafe
Cons
processes could be slow at times
grat place to work
City Background Investigator (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLDecember 11, 2017
Great environment, solid community based employer, enjoys the respect and support of the community. From the top down all are interested in the betterment of the community. An organization that I am proud to be a member of.
Pros
great environment
Cons
Not the kin of job I would recommend to anyone.
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLAugust 15, 2017
I do not wish to antagonize any supervisors, however, I feel that as an employee, I should have had more training. I feel that I was thrown to the wolves, as they say.
Pros
Off work early
Cons
Equipment constantly breaking down.
Government job, easy pay without benefits
Cash Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJuly 10, 2017
Working for the city on a daily level was a very fun experience. As my first job as an adult cape coral was able to teach me a lot about basic work ethic and gave me a lot of good people to be around while learning.
Good work/life balance
Counselor/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJune 21, 2017
The everyday tasks are their own reward, as this position works directly ( teaching life skills) with people that are differently-abled. The staff has a passion for helping others.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Slim chance of advancement
Ehhh
Desktop Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJune 5, 2017
Typical Public sector job. You have people that show and do their job everyday with no issue and you have those that are milking the clock and using the system with no visible consequences.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
politics
Team work based
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLMarch 8, 2017
If you wanted to advance they would give you the tools needed to suceed, they had a safety meeting once a week to adress any safety issues or updates.
Easy work with little ablilty for advancement
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLSeptember 5, 2016
Working for the City of Cape Coral was an interesting experience. I believe there are people who would love the routine of this position. Routines were easy and somewhat physically demanding. Overall I realized I would not be able to move up the ladder as quickly as I wanted to because length of employment is the ultimate factor for advancement.
Pros
Outside, company vehicle
Cons
Short tempers, weather dependant, relationship valued over workethic
great job
Sewer Pipe Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLMarch 7, 2016
the job is great. i learn how to mix concrete and lay it, and learn how to use a backhole. I learned how to inspect sewage lines
Pros
great co-works
Cons
dont have one
rewarding career
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLMay 5, 2015
I work a 12 hour shift which I love. I meet a lot of interesting people throughout the day. I write many reports and I am very well spoken. I have to were many hats through out the week. I am peace keeper at one call and report taker on the next. The biggest benefit of the job is helping the ones that can not help themselves.
Pros
my co-workers
Cons
danger
An overall great place to work.
Contract Recruitment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FloridaSeptember 24, 2014
Great flexibility and overall great place to work. There was a great deal of changes made in the course of one (1) year. Division management could have been better. Co-workers were amazing. Difficulty would be dealing with division management that had poor training skills, lacked interpersonal skills, and was out of touch with management a team that was less than 5 division employees.
Pros
Flexibiliy
Cons
No career advancement, poor division management
Micromanagement and top heavy
Community Development, Planning Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLSeptember 3, 2014
Thinking outside the box was frowned upon. Additionally, they had managers in charge of 1 or 2 staff members. Too many managers and not enough workers.
Productively assisted citizens
Customer Service Representative I (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLMay 16, 2014
Answered phone calls, assisted the public, directed individuals to their destination.
Pros
Free Health Care
Cons
Politics
Good working enviroment
Water Plant Operator "B" (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLDecember 13, 2013
Training is very good. Management very supportive of employees
Pros
Job security
Cons
Benefits and wages
Very nice group of people who help each other out
Utilities Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLDecember 3, 2013
As above. Problem is the economy and my job has gone from 38 hours to 28 hours. Everyone is wonderful and it will be hard to have to leave such a great group of coworkers and supervisors. I have a family to provide for and cannot continue on 28 hours a week w/o benefits.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Low hours and with economy, no possibility of full-time work at this time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Of Cape Coral. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about