City of Carrollton Employee Reviews

Government
Police officer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 30, 2018
City Government has it challenges. Police were not the focus for the City and the department always ran under manned. That continues today. Public safety is a priority but less is not always more when it comes to police protection
Great job love it
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 30, 2018
I love working with this company but had to reloca where I was living wish I could go back one day but I can't now I live in China and o don't think I ever go back to work in USA
Pros
Free strippers
Cons
Love it
Great family/balance and benefits
Facilities Manager (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMay 22, 2018
The City of Carrollton will help you grow if you want to grow. They provide a nurturing environment and value the importance a positive family life has in the workplace.
Ok college job
Leisure Services Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 26, 2018
Boring hours with inconsistent management, ok college job, horrible full time job. Benefits are ok but salary is not ideal for some things I have had to do which are outside my job description.
benefits
Cons
shifts, management, coworkers
Great job
Public Works - Drainage 2 (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 8, 2018
Loved this job. Everyone is friendly, management is very understanding. Great pay. They try to help you get your CDL, or at least they are able to give you time to be able to go & get it.
Pros
Insurance, great pay, management understanding
Very pleasant place to work
Organizational Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJanuary 15, 2018
The City of Carrollton has a great organizational culture and working environment, where employees are recognized for their effort and given opportunities to develop.
Pros
Relaxed dress code, modified work week, free clinic
Cons
Subject to whims of electorate/council
Horrible
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GANovember 5, 2017
This was a horrible position. They didn't care about their employees at all. Looked at everyone as replaceable. Expected you to run full throttle for minimum pay.
Fast-paced yet relaxed environment
Permit Technician (Current Employee) –  Development ServicesSeptember 5, 2017
Everyone in our department gets along great. Friendly and informative coworkers that will help anyone with a question they may have. Job security and consistent pay.
Water Resource Management Specialist
Water Resource Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 27, 2017
This is pretty typical for small municipalities. The pay is a bit lower than similar jobs in the area and benefits aren't quite as good, though there is free access to the city healthcare clinic.
Poor management
Summer Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJuly 18, 2017
Over all I would not recommended being a summer life guard for the City of Carrollton. The management is unprofessional with unclear instructions. The hours and scheduling are also very inflexible.
Terrible Culture
Blank (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 21, 2017
My job here was fine and the work-life balance was good, but the culture is awful. Management (across multiple departments) gossips like they are still in high school. I heard a manager call an employee stupid behind their back. Upper management was working to improve culture, but nothing will ever get fixed until the managers themselves start changing.
Caution: the toxic environment will take a toll on your mental sanity.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Toxic culture
Enjoyed the work
Meter Reader and Repair (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXApril 27, 2016
Going out and reading meters at this time was by walking and not riding in the car as they do today. I would meet customers and they would talk about all sorts of things. Such as this one place received city water and yet watered their yard with a deep well. They had a yearly function where the family could attend an open house with their children.
Pros
Paid good
Cons
During summer hot
Great Experience
Parks And Recreation (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXDecember 3, 2015
This was one of my most memorable positions held. There was a great close bond between all the guys, there was a lot of respect for each and every individual in a uniform. More importantly there was plenty of room to grow and achieve any goal you set for yourself within the company.
Learning oppurtunity
Finance Intern (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXOctober 8, 2015
Able to conduct in depth research projects for upper management. Able to interact with all executive level personnel. Would highly recommend position to others.
Recreational Aid
Recreation Aide (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 30, 2015
Maintain membership with clients, personal train, and lead new employees to be more punctual and reliable when working out or maintaining relationships.
Pros
Able to work with athletes
Cons
healthcare
Great City Job
Water Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 21, 2014
Many chances to educate the public on water conservation. Management was very helpful. The best part of the job was the ability to work with the public
Management does not care about staff. No room for advancement
Admin (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 1, 2014
Management does not care about staff. They don't want staff to think for themselves. City of Carrollton doesn't care about what is right or wrong. They treat staff bad, wrong and will harass you if you think different then your manager.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
Don't care about staff. No room for advancement
Easygoing recreation environment
Recreation Attendant (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXMarch 11, 2014
The most enjoyable part in the recreation environment is it is nice to get to know all the regulars that come in each day. Every day there is some type of class going on, so there is always something to do, like register patrons for certain classes or memberships, and the shift usually goes by quickly. I learned how to use RecTrac, a recreation software. I also learned how to deal with any customers that get angry or frustrated with something. The hardest part is working in the evening when all the supervisors/managers are out of office. If any issue arises, it is up to us to figure out the best resolution. I have been very lucky to work with awesome people who really enjoy this job and it is easy to work together day to day.
Pros
Part-time shifts range from 4-6 hrs during week and 9 hours Sat and Sun
Cons
Benefits are not worth it if you only work part-time, PT employees limited to 19.5 hrs a week
Decent Job
Licensed Water Plant Operator 3rd Class (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GaJune 24, 2013
Decent job but not for me.
Supervisor changed and so did the work environment.
good atmosphere to work
Utility Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXJune 14, 2013
good atmosphere to work, whether on a team or alone.
the inclement weather is challenging.
the ability to work at my own pace and not having a supervisor hanging over my shoulder is a plus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Carrollton. Our community is ready to answer.

City of Carrollton Reviews by Location