City Of Ceres Employee Reviews

Great experience
Human Resource Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAFebruary 18, 2019
Wonderful place to work, friendly staff. Challenging work with a broad group of departments and advancement opportunity. Training and job skills advancement provided.
Pros
Benefits, job security, holidays
Cons
Not a lot of turnover for available positions
Good Place To Work
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Ceres, CANovember 7, 2018
Majority of co-workers are great people to work with. I've enjoyed building my department and working with my team. I've learned alot and applied it in my every day functional duties.
Pros
Learned many aspects of different departments.
Great opportunity for the right fit
Human Resources Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CASeptember 2, 2018
Small town community with a lot of long term employees working for the city. Great benefits and competitive salaries. Advancement opportunities may be limited depending on your position and department but there are other ways to grow within the company with job skills training, tuition reimbursement and in-house training provided. Being open and inclusive is something I would recommend to help build and succession plan, otherwise there won’t be trained individuals to promote to continue the work and progress the departments and sustain the company.
Pros
Compensation, benefits, policies and structure
Cons
Waiting periods to be hired
good environment, good co-workers
Maintenance Worker II (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAMay 8, 2018
work orders would come in from maintenance repairs on buildings to special remodeling jobs, janitorial tasks sometimes. also did filming city council meetings setup special events for the city . On call every 3 weeks 24 hours in case of emergency came in for the city. some thing breaks or needs attention at one of the facilities, I dealt with plumbing, electrical, remodeling and all phases of equipment repair including janitorial equipment and cleanup and maintain certain events or buildings
Pros
safety training
Cons
in 10 years never had a cost living raise
Easy going with good employees
Administrative Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ceres, CAApril 24, 2018
Good place to work with easy going employees. I created job descriptions a worked with the CERS program and everyday tasks.

Learned a lot about the SCADA and water system.

Management was good as long as you did your job.

Work place culture was good due to excellent co-workers

Keeping up with everyday tasks

Management being flexible with deadlines.
Pros
Excellent benefits, paid time off.
Cons
Good
Assist in public education of water conservation (Current Employee) –  Ceres, CAJanuary 22, 2018
Not a long-term job just temporary. I drive around in a vehicle trying to enforce the water municipal codes of the city of Ceres. It's a slow and a bit boring, but very good job.
Stressful
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAJanuary 4, 2018
This is a law enforcement job that I worked in for ten years. I enjoyed doing the job and enjoyed the other employees I worked with. Also really enjoyed the 4 11 hours shifts I worked.
Counted money, data entry, collections
Account Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAJuly 22, 2017
Dealt with people with water shut offs, collected revenue with past due accounts, earned money for the compnany, dealt with angry customers and was able to calm them down
Pros
data entry and customer experience
Cons
angry customers
Great place to work.
SENIOR DISPATCHER (Current Employee) –  Ceres, CAJuly 6, 2017
I have worked with the city of Ceres since 2003. The city has gone through many changes and has continued to grow despite economic restrictions. Great place to work.
Great place to work with great benefits and hours.
Wastewater Treatment Operator (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAJune 6, 2016
I worked for the City of Ceres in the Wastewater department. I worked great hours Monday-Friday 6:30am to 4:00 pm. I did plant maintenance, street line maintenance, drove a Class B water flushing truck and landscaping. I learned a lot during the one year as an employee with the city including how to operate wastewater equipment and I also got my Class B license in the process. I had a great management team as well as great coworkers. We had a family type environment while I worked there. The hardest part of the job had to be working outdoors in all kinds of weather and different climates. The most enjoyable part of the job had to be learning about how to be a wastewater operator and meeting a lot of great people in the process.
Pros
Great working hours and great benefits.
Cons
Working in extreme weather conditions outdoors.
City of Ceres Review
Site Monitor (Current Employee) –  Ceres, CAApril 10, 2016
Learned and gained some skills. Management is very great and scheduling is awesome on a month to month basis. Flexible with school schedule and life. Plenty of down time to focus on school work or catch up on paper work with work. Co-Workers and job environment is great and friendly.
Fast paced enviornment
Account Clerk I (Former Employee) –  Ceres, CAOctober 14, 2014
Loved helping the public, great learning experience, learned a lot in short amount of time, nice office, great location.
Pros
Public interaction
Cons
Lack of breaks