City of Cerritos Employee Reviews

Versatile and diverse workplace
Recreation Leader II (Part time) (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CA 90703October 9, 2017
Working in the Recreation Division for the City of Cerritos, for the most part, is a fun and exciting experience. There are many job duties to be fulfilled which means one may always be busy and not always with the same thing or issue. Either sitting down or standing, there are a variety of park programs to execute, facility inspections, citywide events, and customer service relations to be handled. The only draw back is that starting pay for Recreation Leaders are on the low scale compared to approximately 15-20 years ago and the city permits their recreation staff to work up to 960 hours in a fiscal year.
Great place
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJuly 16, 2017
This place is a good place to be if you like consistency. Some divisions move faster that others. Biggest draw to this employer is the pension. Many people have been there for years and are happy with what they do.
Extremely productive and a safe and fun environment to work in
Recreation Leader II (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CADecember 15, 2016
Working for the City of Cerritos was a great opportunity for me to show just how useful I can be to the city. I was able to help children grow as people over a course of time and also help my co-workers accomplish task quickly and efficiently. I enjoyed the job a lot. Also the management is very well when it comes to the hiring process and when it comes to taking care of the city and doing things to make it better every single day.
City of Cerritos is a great city to work for.
Recreation Leader IV (Current Employee) –  Cerritos CaApril 13, 2015
City of Cerritos is a great City to work for for part-time work and college students. The only reason for leaving is I am seeking a full-time position in recreation.
a great city to serve!
Recreation Leader II (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJuly 30, 2013
I learned to work people for the well-being of the community. Not only did I work with our staff, but I also had the opportunity to work with promising volunteers and patrons of all ages!
Supportive and well-equipped work environment, great staff
Recreation Leader II (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAJune 7, 2013
The City of Cerritos recreation staff are locally renowned for their excellent customer service and unmistakable, uniform appearance. Since the first day I started working as a recreation leader, I felt that a high standard of excellence and regular dose of fun was the winning combination that contributes to the amazing culture.
Great job for college students
Recreation Leader II (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMarch 12, 2012
The Recreation Dept at the City of Cerritos provides flexible and accommodating work schedules for students with decent pay. However, hours in a year are capped at at under a 1000, during my time of employment.
Pros
flexible schedule, better than average pay for type of work
Cons
capped hours, no benefits for any part time employee