City of Chandler Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Loved woking with the City Of CHandler
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 23, 2018
Best place to work I was a temporary employee there but got to work in all different departments I loved each one of them, it's a very highly recommended place, I wish I hadn't left but I was a temp and there was a job freeze when I was there.
A great first job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 18, 2017
I believe working as a lifeguard was a great experience as a first job and I learned several skills such as CPR and first aid. As well, I learned many people skills over the years. Although, management lacked at sometimes and the communication to the employees which brought problems.
Pros
Good work enviroment, pay
Alright
Temp. Recreational Leader (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 13, 2017
Working with the city of Chandler was nice because they paid for your trainings and my coworkers were all together really great and nice to be around, I did have some trouble wih manager just because she had a different way of working than I did but we didn't ever have any major conflicts and for the most part I enjoyed my job for the City of Chandler and would recommend it to a a friend.
Excellent place to work
Airport - Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ 85244September 3, 2017
Great employees and very interesting jobs. Working in various departments gave me the opportunity to meet many people with diverse backgrounds. My director and supervisors were always fair and generous with their time and mentoring.
Pros
Very close to work, benefits
seemed unorganized
Recreation Leader III (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 23, 2017
many people who I worked with I found really had no passion for their job, but were simply there to collect a paycheck. With recreation you should enjoy what you do.
A great place to work
Recreational leader 1 (Current Employee) –  chandler parks and recreationAugust 14, 2017
A great place to work, friendly people, a fun work environment, work with children and adults in the therapeutic recreation program in various sports and activities. Also work special events throughout the year such as sporting events, cooking classes, Disneyland trip, summer camps and various other excursions.
Pros
therapeutic recreation
Cons
low pay
Micromanaged
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 11, 2017
Horrible Leadership from the Chief down to all his followers. I would not work for this place again. They only promote based on favoritism and if you kiss up to them.
Interesting
Temporary Water Operator Trainee (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 2, 2017
Came in with high hopes of loving the different work environments I would be in. Left with an educated perspective on who gets ahead, and who is forgotten about. Not all departments stand by the City's "Customer Connection" outlook.
Productive, fun.
HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee) –  175 Arizona Ave, Chandler, AZMay 9, 2017
Great team and management. Team work. Updated equipment. Job recognition. City vehicle. Job growth and opportunity for advancement. Beautiful clean city
Pros
Training.
na
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 5, 2017
I loved working for the city of Chandler. I was employed with the city for almost 14 years. I would defiantly recommend the city to anyone. It was fast paced however there was also downtime .
Great Highschool Job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 16, 2017
Life guarding was a great job in high school. Although the hours were long and to some degree strenuous, it was over all a fun job. the environment was cooperative.
Pros
breaks
Cons
Working outdoors
Fun work place with lots of potential
Lifeguard II - Water Safety Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 13, 2017
Ensure patron safety, instruct lessons, lead younger staff, cashiering, maintenance, instruct lifeguard classes. Great staff, and wonderful to work with kids
having 6 days off every week
Water Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 28, 2016
The shifts were great two eight hour shifts four twelve hour shifts then two more eight hours shift's which meant you could use 40hours of vacation and be off for 3 weeks
Pros
Six days off
Cons
The 12 hour shifts alone
Very challenging in a good way for personal growth.
GIS Technician II (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 15, 2016
Very challenging in a good way for personal growth. Directed 28 field inspectors for water maintenance. Flexible working hours.
Pros
Feeling of providing a good service to the resident.
Cons
No room for position movement.
A Government Job You Won't Hate
Lifeguard II (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 25, 2016
My summers working as a lifeguard for the City of Chandler were so fun! It is a very physically demanding job, so be prepared for that.
A small, not busy pool mainly for swim lessons
Temp lifeguard level 2 (WSI) (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 31, 2016
On a typical day, you just watch the pool, enforce rules, and clean the property.

I learned that every second counts when it comes to an emergency.

Management is laid back, but if you're new, it's hard to get over 10 hours a week.

My co-workers are helpful and a fun group to hang out with.

The hardest part of the job is the split second decisions you have to make in a pressuring emergency.

The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you just saved someones life and that your training paid off
Pros
Constant breaks, great people to be around, great pay for a high school student
Cons
The stress in emergencies, buying your own uniforms, no overtime or else you get fired
Great place with great people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 7, 2016
Great place to work, along with some great people to work with. Managers worked well with staff, very friendly. Promoted team and family atmosphere.
Pros
Hours and amenities were great.
Cons
Stress filled work days
Very friendly and Organized
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 9, 2015
The City takes no short-cuts in hiring and is very particular. They make you feel like one of the family. An average workday is tough, yet fun at the same time. 5/5 plan on returning next season.
Pros
Breaks often
Cons
Age requirement for certain parts of the job
Great experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 29, 2015
Met good people who care about the community. Felt very involved and like we were a part of a good thing. Volunteered to help summer back pack drive for Chandler Unified and felt was a great success obtaining supplies for over 10,000 students in low-income households.
A good job.
Groundsman at Golf Course (Former Employee) –  Chandler Golf Course: Chandler, OkSeptember 2, 2015
All though the pay was not at all what I need at the moment... Working with my boss and visiting with all the visitors and members was a great time.