City of Chandler Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
How a Government is Supposed to Run
Budget Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 18, 2018
The City of Chandler, located in Chandler, Arizona, is one of the best run cities in the United States. I would recommend any local government to contact this city to see what it is they do to not only be efficient but to also offer services to its citizens. I moved back to my hometown to be closer to family; otherwise, I would still be working for this wonderful employer.
Pros
Benefits, Management, Co-Workers
Cons
The standard complaints from the public
Chandler
Firefighter/Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 12, 2018
Great place to work. The organization supports the employees well, they have good benefits and solid pay. There are also opportunities for growth if desired.
Crime Scene Technician
Crime Scene Technician II (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 5, 2018
The job was fantastic, it was everything I thought it would be and more. There was no typical day things seemed to be very busy and action packed. The culture was great working with law enforcement and dispatchers. The hardest part of the job was the management. They seemed to favor part of the group and punish the other half for the very same things everyone was doing. Not consistent with the management. The most enjoyable part was learning and meeting new people.
Pros
No days are the same.
Cons
Encouraging and positive place to work.
Temp Lifefuard (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 28, 2018
Working with the City of Chandler Aquatics Department has been the best time of my life. The work environment is positive and playful; it is also a focused work environment where being vigilant and doing things correctly is expected at every shift.
Pros
ecouraging, positive, cooperative and understanding employers
Cons
the pools are outdoors and Arizona gets very hot in the summer. If you don't like physical activity, this job isn't for you.
Love working for the City
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 8, 2018
It is competitive and fast paced. The most customer oriented place I have seen. It is hard to get through the probationary time but well worth it if you pass.
Loved woking with the City Of CHandler
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 23, 2018
Best place to work I was a temporary employee there but got to work in all different departments I loved each one of them, it's a very highly recommended place, I wish I hadn't left but I was a temp and there was a job freeze when I was there.
A great first job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 18, 2017
I believe working as a lifeguard was a great experience as a first job and I learned several skills such as CPR and first aid. As well, I learned many people skills over the years. Although, management lacked at sometimes and the communication to the employees which brought problems.
Pros
Good work enviroment, pay
Alright
Temp. Recreational Leader (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 13, 2017
Working with the city of Chandler was nice because they paid for your trainings and my coworkers were all together really great and nice to be around, I did have some trouble wih manager just because she had a different way of working than I did but we didn't ever have any major conflicts and for the most part I enjoyed my job for the City of Chandler and would recommend it to a a friend.
Excellent place to work
Airport - Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ 85244September 3, 2017
Great employees and very interesting jobs. Working in various departments gave me the opportunity to meet many people with diverse backgrounds. My director and supervisors were always fair and generous with their time and mentoring.
Pros
Very close to work, benefits
seemed unorganized
Recreation Leader III (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 23, 2017
many people who I worked with I found really had no passion for their job, but were simply there to collect a paycheck. With recreation you should enjoy what you do.
A great place to work
Recreational leader 1 (Current Employee) –  chandler parks and recreationAugust 14, 2017
A great place to work, friendly people, a fun work environment, work with children and adults in the therapeutic recreation program in various sports and activities. Also work special events throughout the year such as sporting events, cooking classes, Disneyland trip, summer camps and various other excursions.
Pros
therapeutic recreation
Cons
low pay
Micromanaged
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 11, 2017
Horrible Leadership from the Chief down to all his followers. I would not work for this place again. They only promote based on favoritism and if you kiss up to them.
Interesting
Temporary Water Operator Trainee (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 2, 2017
Came in with high hopes of loving the different work environments I would be in. Left with an educated perspective on who gets ahead, and who is forgotten about. Not all departments stand by the City's "Customer Connection" outlook.
Productive, fun.
HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee) –  175 Arizona Ave, Chandler, AZMay 9, 2017
Great team and management. Team work. Updated equipment. Job recognition. City vehicle. Job growth and opportunity for advancement. Beautiful clean city
Pros
Training.
na
Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZApril 5, 2017
I loved working for the city of Chandler. I was employed with the city for almost 14 years. I would defiantly recommend the city to anyone. It was fast paced however there was also downtime .
Great Highschool Job
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 16, 2017
Life guarding was a great job in high school. Although the hours were long and to some degree strenuous, it was over all a fun job. the environment was cooperative.
Pros
breaks
Cons
Working outdoors
Fun work place with lots of potential
Lifeguard II - Water Safety Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJanuary 13, 2017
Ensure patron safety, instruct lessons, lead younger staff, cashiering, maintenance, instruct lifeguard classes. Great staff, and wonderful to work with kids
having 6 days off every week
Water Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 28, 2016
The shifts were great two eight hour shifts four twelve hour shifts then two more eight hours shift's which meant you could use 40hours of vacation and be off for 3 weeks
Pros
Six days off
Cons
The 12 hour shifts alone
Very challenging in a good way for personal growth.
GIS Technician II (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZAugust 15, 2016
Very challenging in a good way for personal growth. Directed 28 field inspectors for water maintenance. Flexible working hours.
Pros
Feeling of providing a good service to the resident.
Cons
No room for position movement.
A Government Job You Won't Hate
Lifeguard II (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZJune 25, 2016
My summers working as a lifeguard for the City of Chandler were so fun! It is a very physically demanding job, so be prepared for that.